Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Capo Toys Street Fighter Action Figures Series Kickstarter
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:37 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

This looks very cool and promising. I backed them already. Hoping to spread the word to get them funded!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1486458683/street-fightertm-articulated-ryu-action-figures-ca?ref=email

Post subject: Re: Capo Toys Street Fighter Action Figures Series Kickstart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:50 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I'd like these, but with the time left and the amount needed to be raised, I'd say this has no chance of happening at all. It's a shame, I thought these were coming out through Capo Toys as a regular release?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:26 am 

With only 52 hours to go, and only $7800 of $52,000 pledged, I'd say it's safe to say this project is dead in the water. It's a shame really, this company is dead before they even got off the ground. I wonder what happened to make them implode?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Could it be that the collecting world is just Street Fighter-ed out?

How many companies have had the license since Hasbro? Seems like at least six and they always start with Ryu, Ken and Akuma. Maybe get a Guile or Blank a or Chun-Li out but it always feels like it's the same batch of characters (and endless player # repaints) every time a new company starts... I was never much of a gamer but I was fond of the characters and the toys have completely fallen of the radar with me because of that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:39 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Captain Collector wrote:
With only 52 hours to go, and only $7800 of $52,000 pledged, I'd say it's safe to say this project is dead in the water. It's a shame really, this company is dead before they even got off the ground. I wonder what happened to make them implode?

A nasty lawsuit that was ultimately settled. The promise of money when apparently there was none... or at least very little.

http://www.littleplasticmen.com/e-mag/v1n3/#10

Terms of the settlement were confidential. Rocco walked away with full control of the company, but without any funding to get the line off the ground... thus the Kickstarter campaign.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:38 pm 

Thanks for the link to the article! I'd heard something like this was the case. What a shame they imploded, I wanted these, and definitely would have bought them, but I'd personally never give to a kickstarter for this kind of project. Too many horror stories I've read, kickstarter won't force production or refund. Shame these guys couldn't get heir act together, sounds from what I read like this "company" was shaky at best. I'm guessing this project is dead now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:42 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Rocco is trying it one more time. Its up again on kickstater. This time with better rewards like the first wave of characters. Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Blanka, and Sagat. Plus an exclusive to Kickstarter only- a 6th figure, Ken in his alternate player 2 blue oufit!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1486458683/street-fighter-action-figures-capo-toys-first-seri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:30 am 

Wow, a kickstarter goal of $550,000.00 seems impossible.
Look, I'd like to buy these at a store or online, but with a goal that high, it's a tall order to ever happen. Wish him/them/you well, but the bar was set way too high.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:42 am 

I'd like to add, I was one who was severely dissapointed when I got to Comicon this year, and the previously advertised exclusive wasn't there. I didn't know about the legal issues at that time.

Maybe you should look at partnering with an online retailer? I know if I could preorder with zero risk from a place like Big Bad Toy Store, I'd preorder tomorrow. I don't do Kickstarter, it doesn't work for me personally. I'm a consumer, not an investor. I refuse to accept any of the risk of someone else's toy business. And with Kickstarter, there are risks. They cannot force refunds once a project funds and doesn't deliver, nor can they force manufacture & delivery of a project. A little google research will show what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:51 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Captain Collector wrote:
I'd like to add, I was one who was severely dissapointed when I got to Comicon this year, and the previously advertised exclusive wasn't there. I didn't know about the legal issues at that time.

Maybe you should look at partnering with an online retailer? I know if I could preorder with zero risk from a place like Big Bad Toy Store, I'd preorder tomorrow. I don't do Kickstarter, it doesn't work for me personally. I'm a consumer, not an investor. I refuse to accept any of the risk of someone else's toy business. And with Kickstarter, there are risks. They cannot force refunds once a project funds and doesn't deliver, nor can they force manufacture & delivery of a project. A little google research will show what I'm talking about.

Its not for everyone but its definitely for me!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 am 

I wish them/you well, I'd love to buy them if they get made one day!