Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 2 - 3 Inch figures
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:21 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi everyone.

I've been looking online for na action figure line that might fit into na idea I had, but haven't been successful yet.

I'm trying to find something similar in scale with the Playmobil figures, but with a less Stylized design and at least slightly more articulation (legs being able to move independently, knee joints, and eventually, ball-jointed feet).

Design-wise I'd like it to be something in the molds of Ben10 or the cartoon Teen Titans figures: slightly deformed (big heads, hands and feet, but not massively deformed).

Imaginext figures look awesome, but despite missing some of the articulation I'd like (same as Playmobil mostly, I like the way the arms are articulated), and also lack something else even more importante: female characters, and specially, children figures.

I'm looking for something that includes child figures with about 2 inches in size, and adult figures at about 3". Mostly, 1/24 scale, that may fit into Playmobil playsets. Design-wise, I'd like them to look like regular children/ teens and adults, with modern day looking clothes (jeans, shorts, t-shirts, snickers, that kind of thing).

The kids figures are the most importante ones, but some adults are required as well. Having diferente designs/ clothing would be cool to avoid too much customization.

Does anyone know about a toy line that fits into this description?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Post subject: Re: 2 - 3 Inch figures
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:34 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Mini-Mates are the only ones I can think of right now. Not a lot of kids (if any) but that line probably has more normal, everyday people than any other ever made But they are block figures... After that I'd say Funko/Super 7's Re-Action figures, which you'll get kids with from the Goonies part of the line but those fall at the 3 3/4" scale of things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:03 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I've seen the mini-mates figures, but being block figures, they do not fit in... The Goonies figures are out of the scale I intend, and look too realistic. I want something more cartoony. The adult and kids figures don't need to come from the same line of figures, as long as they blend in enough in scale and design.

I might be looking for something that does not exist, I know...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:27 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

There were one or two humans in that recent Digimon line that got clearance--- but I have a ton of figures in that scale-- and you rarely find both articulation and the style you are looking for..

Honestly your best bet is to roam the Preschool aisles at TRU-- they have a lot of one off lines that may fit what you are looking for..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:35 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thanks for the reply.

I've been looking at a couple Toys'R'Us aisles and the best I could find was Imaginext.
The articulation isn't exactly what I wanted, but it has a lot of advantages as well. The figures look nice, and they're highly collectable - I can make na army, or a city of them. But on the other hand, they hardly have female characters, and as far as I know, no children figures. I could blend it with other figures though. I love the Playmobil sets/ dioramas but I think the figures design is too stylized. (That's why I'm looking for figures that fit in - about 3" adults and 2" kids).

If I can find a few figures that fit in the concept I can always buy multiples and customize. I am trying to avoid this because it is intended for my kid to play with, and I don't know how the sculpted parts and paint of a custom will endure play. But if I find the right figures I can always test on a couple of them.

I'm trying to find those Digimon figures but can't find any with that much articulation. Can you send me a link to those figures?

Thanks in advance.