Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Some assorted Toy News!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:59 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

This doesn't come from ToyFair, so I didn't feel it appropriate to post it on that thread. Rather, this comes from a regular e-mail I receive from BBTS - BigBadToyStore, one of the better marketers of action figures in cyberspace.

Their recent "Pre-Orders" e-mail left me drooling in a few instances, and thinking, "What the @^!&%?" in a few others. Anyway, here's some interesting news:

STAR WARS EPISODE III GREATEST HITS - Miss any of these the first time around? Packaged on the new cards, and limited in release, are the following: Yoda, Clone Trooper, Commander Bacara, Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker, General Grievous, Mace Windu, R2-D2, Destroyer Droid, ARC-170 Clone Pilot, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

MR. POTATOHEAD: The third figure in this fun series is R2-Potatoo...

(If anyone wants to take a barf break after that one, go right ahead...) :roll:

TRANSFORMERS ATTACKTIX: Hasbro will give the Attacktix treatment to the Transformers universe as well as Star Wars. Up for preorder now are TF Starter Set at $10.99, and a Star Wars vs Transformers Battle Pack at
$21.99.

TRANSFORMERS TITANIUM: Your favorite Transformers characters will now be available in Die-Cast metal. Up for preorder now are 6 different 3" figures including Unicron, Starscream, Megatron, Prime, Jazz, Sideswipe, and two 6" figures!

POWER RANGER - BOUKENGER: Bandai's latest iteration of the Rangers is now up for preorder with some preliminary images. This wave has a construction vehicle theme. We'll get these in the States in 2007, I'm sure. The vehicles look hysterical. Wonder what it's translated name will be here.

G.I.JOE SIGMA 6 - 2.5" FIGURES: Hasbro has miniturized these figures and added a cool 'mission in every box' theme to the Sigma 6 lineup. A variety of smaller scale vehicles have also been added, including a nod to the great vehicles of the 80's like the HISS, Firebat, and VAMP. We have 17 different 2.5" Sigma 6 preorders listed including a variety of Basic
Mission Sets, Deluxe Mission Sets with vehicles, Vehicle Sets, and the
Dragonhawk Deluxe Vehicle