Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hanna Barbara Herculoids!! (Are these new?)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:22 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I was really excited to see these! But I'm not sure if these are new, or what? Anyone know anything about these? More coming? Etc. I'm thinking of ordering, but it's an expensive collection to start.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... icture=out

Post subject: Re: Hanna Barbara Herculoids!! (Are these new?)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:54 am 
Wonderdog

Not sure if these are new or not. A few years back (2003?), Toynami made three box sets of all the Herculoids, both the creatures and the humans:
but I don't know if the new one is a re-release or a brand new figure. I have the Toynami sets, and they are pretty amazing. The size is about right, so I'm betting they're from the same company, or the same molds. The price sure has gone up. Each box set ran me about 30 bucks and you got at least two figures and part of the display stand. 38 bucks just for Tundro sure is a jump IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

It seems like a jump -- but last I checked-- the Zok set was going for like 149.00 regularly-- so expensive is relative-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:19 am 
Wonderdog

stewbacca wrote:
It seems like a jump -- but last I checked-- the Zok set was going for like 149.00 regularly-- so expensive is relative-

Holy crow! I had no idea! I'm sure glad I got the originals through my LCS when they were new! Yeah, at those kinds of prices, the new individual prices are pretty good indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:58 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Those look nice! I had passed on them when they originally came out, but I always wished I had picked them up.

It seems that only the Zok and Zandor set from Toynami goes for a lot on eBay. The other two Toynami sets sell for about $40 apiece.

Jayson, it looks like the single figures are listed as part of the Hanna-Barbera History Collection. I don't know if that's the same line from Jazwares, which is starting to hit TRU now. It might not include a full set of Herculoids in the long run.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 pm 
Tis' but a pup

GregNYC wrote:
Jayson, it looks like the single figures are listed as part of the Hanna-Barbera History Collection. I don't know if that's the same line from Jazwares, which is starting to hit TRU now. It might not include a full set of Herculoids in the long run.

These are 3 separate lines. The Toynami box sets pictured above are several years old and long discontinued. The Herculoids figures of Zandor and Tundro listed on BBTS are from a Japanese company called X-Plus. The Jazwares Hanna Barbera line hitting Toys R Us right now has no Herculoids so far.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:34 pm 
Wonderdog

I wonder if X-Plus got access to the Toynami molds. The toys look incredibly similar!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Anybody heard more about these? I got the original sets, too (and frankly, I got a couple of them on an extraordinary sale at one of the now-defunct game stores -- like $15). But if these are in a larger scale, I might buy them. I love the Herculoids, and it would be cool to get them in the Space Ghost/Blue Falcon/Birdman scale ('cause I've got all them, too).

Thinking about it, though, they're probably not larger. If Zandor was 6", Zok would have to be gigantic. I'll bet they are the same molds, or close enough so that it's not worth it to me buy these. But it's cool for people who passed them up originally.

Edit -- Never mind. They say on the BBTS site that Zandor is 3.75". So that pretty much makes him exactly the same as the Toynami one. I'm going to grab mine off the shelf tonight and have a good look at it vs. the picture.

Last edited by Bryan Long on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:10 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I think they are 3 3/4 scale.