Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Which figure do you think could've been near perfect but...
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:49 pm 
Resin

(or "the what were they thinking" discussion thread )
So I just picked up the DCUC Azreal Batman/Batman knightsend 2 pack for $17. at a toy wholesaler.
The Batman looks great without the black shadowing on the cowl but the "battle damage" emblem....well
I all can think of is "why?" Yes it goes with the storyline but otherwise it could have been Mattel's (IMO)
quintessential Bronze age Batman figure.
What figs do you think could have been your "default" figure if only the toy company that manufactured them had not gone overboard or made that one wrong decision?

Post subject: Re: Which figure do you think could've been near perfect but
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 am 
3 3/4"

DC Collectibles most recent Arkham City super-articulated Batman. What the heck were they thinking with those shorts? If not for that and the odd head (I'm not sure if it's too small or too weird), it'd be a definitive representation. Mattel's version was also nearly excellent if not for the short arms.

DC Collectibles and Mattel both do "almost" very well. Tons of examples to choose from.

Post subject: Re: Which figure do you think could've been near perfect but
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:50 pm 
MINT!

The latest Masterpiece Optimus Prime from Takara and Hasbro is near perfect, but there are a few faults. Many collectors think MP10 is the best OP we have seen, but I have a few gripes. The Takara version is easy to find but a 250-300 price tag is a bit much. As for the US TRU release the 100 price is acceptable but OP was almost impossible to find. Luckily I found one but many hunters failed. Really Hasbro the flag ship character for your TF line and he is barely seen in stores. Lastly both versions fail because OP has no one to fight. Where’s a Megs in the new scale? I don’t care what his alt form is, but it would be great if Prime had a rival. I still think MP 01 is still the best version, and best of all there is a Megatron for Prime to beat down.