Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Eaglemoss Star Trek diecast starships w/magazine
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:32 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I'm seriously thinking about starting to collect these, as one can preorder. It's a subscription series, and if I am reading it correctly, you get two issues/two starships a month for $20 shipped. These are more common I think in the UK. They measure about four inches long too, if I converted it right.

Anyone collect anything else this Eaglemoss puts out? What's the quality like? Is $20/month a good deal for something like this? They plan on releasing 70 different starships for this line. Only other thing I am worried about is if anything is off limits for them to release, rights-wise. There are a few Star Trek movie ships thrown in, but I am almost certain that all of the ship types have also been used on a tv Trek series at some point as well, with maybe the exception of the Enterprise-E.

If I knew the current film Enterprise and ships from the two new films were also included, I'd most likely be all-in for this. Anyone else interested in this?

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject: Re: Eaglemoss Star Trek diecast starships w/magazine
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:51 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I have picked up a handful of the superheroes and they are of very good quality. The magazines that come with them are okay. Some are good, some are filler, especially if there isn't a lot of info on the particular character.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:48 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

They did this for Star Wars vehicles-- Personally I think they varied in quality-- but they did include a few releases of some vehicles that werent released in any other scale. Beware-- with the case included -- they tend to start taking up a bit of shelf space.

They are imported into the US (Like the Diagnosti stuff) -- you cant ever be part of the Eaglemoss subscription they are only in Europe at the newstands-- usually they run between 15-20 bucks US. the best way to get them is from your LCBS who I think can order them through Diamond (which means you have to bug them and make sure they order every one)-- or preorder with BBTS or EE.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:44 pm 

stewbacca, they're offering a US sub version. Here's the link:

http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp

Only thing is, I am still not sure if the pricing is $20/month for two ships/magazines, or $40/month for two ships/magazines. I'd certainly hope for the former as opposed to the latter.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:35 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

In a related topic-- they just started doing Batmobiles as well.

And my mistake on Star Wars-- it wasnt Eaglemoss- it was Diagnosti (still similiar sales model)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:36 am 

Crap. I like the Batmobiles! No US version yet, as far I can see. Maybe that's good, since it might be financial overkill for me if I got into both the Bats and the Star Trek ones.

And by the way, Hot Wheels are missing the boat with this. and the Eaglemoss Batmobile stuff looks superior to Mattel's.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:53 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Finally bit the bullet and ended up subscribing once I got to see what they were planning for the collection. I just received my NCC-1701-D in the mail yesterday and I have to admit that I'm pretty happy if this the quality I should expect. It's all about the ships with Trek anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:20 am 
3 3/4"

The only one I have is the Reliant and it's great. The rest of the models seem to be a bit hit and miss, but mostly hit if you're into them. I do have the 2009 Enterprise on its way and the early reviews have been good.

I also have an Animated Series Batmobile from them and, while it looks fantastic, the wheels don't roll. It's just a display piece. Not that I planned to go zooming around the house with it but it surprised me. Just FYI.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:12 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I got my first regular shipment with the NCC-1701 & the Klingon Bird of Prey. The TOS Enterprise is nice, if a tad plain. The Bird of Prey is extremely cool, except for the lopsided glue job (which is a problem since the seam runs along the bottom of the entire length of the ship) and the puzzlingly shoddy stand design. It's a shame about the Klingon ship as it's one of the most iconic non-Federation designs from the franchise.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:38 pm 
Hat Pooper

Howard the Duck wrote:
stewbacca, they're offering a US sub version. Here's the link:

http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp

Only thing is, I am still not sure if the pricing is $20/month for two ships/magazines, or $40/month for two ships/magazines. I'd certainly hope for the former as opposed to the latter.

It is per model. From the website:

"You will then receive 2 starships per month for just $19.95 each, an exceptional value for die-cast models of such quality!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:58 pm 

Yeah. I like these very much. But the wife would kill me if I suddenly started to receive little starships in the mail. Now's not a good time for such extravagances in my house. Maybe in the future, I'll try and acquire some here and there. Besides, some ships that I really want don't seem to be coming, namely the Enterprise-J.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:42 am 
Hat Pooper

Howard the Duck wrote:
Yeah. I like these very much. But the wife would kill me if I suddenly started to receive little starships in the mail. Now's not a good time for such extravagances in my house. Maybe in the future, I'll try and acquire some here and there. Besides, some ships that I really want don't seem to be coming, namely the Enterprise-J.

I'd really only be interested in the TOS ships, anything beyond that, no thanks.