Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Four Horsemen Mythic Legions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:48 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Since the whole voting process should begin in the next couple of months seemed like a good idea to get a thread started...

Post subject: Re: Four Horsemen Mythic Legions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:40 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Im so happy that these will be a giant pass for me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:25 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

If they are going to be handled anything like their Power Lords, a definite pass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:56 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I like the look of these, and the scale. I might even be able to custom a Sir Percy of Scandia from one for my MU, or maybe a Dreadknight. I hope they do things like Pegasus.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:50 pm 
Infinite Hero

spect_spidey wrote:
If they are going to be handled anything like their Power Lords, a definite pass.

...and what exactly have they done wrong with Power Lords?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:33 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Jeff Cope wrote:
spect_spidey wrote:

...and what exactly have they done wrong with Power Lords?

From my post on this same board in the Power Lords section.

This line and fan club have become a joke. I joined the fan club way back in September. Here is it March and nothing from them. No emails letting me know of new releases, upcoming releases, still nothing about the fan club exclusives as to when I can expect to receive my stuff, and all the releases we keep seeing are the same 2 molds over and over again with minimal paint apps. When are we gonna see some other characters and full carded releases. Very bad business when I am almost 6 months into a fan club & do not have any word on when I will get my exclusive membership figure or see any true releases from them. And I know they received it because I have my member number they sent me, but that is it. Not another contact from them at all. 4H obviously learned their business practices form working with Mattel. 4H consider me one of your suckers because you got $60 out of me for a membership and have yet to release anything for me to spend my money on.

In addition to the above, no response from them when I requested to join the forums @ Source Horsemen website and no replies to my email inquiries. They basically got my $60 membership fee, charged me $12 Fed EX shipping(which they ship Smart Post instead), tell me to expect my fan club items early 2014, and then I hear nothing more from them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:02 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Apparently the Kickstarter for Mythic Legions will begin in the next week or so and word is now that they will be in 6" scale instead of the previously planned 4".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:30 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

And thank them for that, as now I'm not one bit interested in this line at all, saves me some cash

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:03 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

stewbacca wrote:
And thank them for that, as now I'm not one bit interested in this line at all, saves me some cash

AMEN!

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Its Up

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... nav_search

Some look very cool - but 45.00 for one is a little too much (I know its 32.00 a piece if you take them all- although actually a little more since 4 are builders that are only 30.00 a piece shipped already)

But I still dislike that there is no actual rewards for being all in and them reaching their goals-- just that they are going to do an additional figure you can buy at full price. :roll: ..

The Kickstarter exclusive gift for the birds was a stupid one inch tall sculpted owl, very disappointed in that joke of a thing......

I still dont think that the incentive is really there for the stretch goals, you need to actually reward people for supporting you, and giving you a tax free loan a year in advance, to cover all of your costs..

For that Military One-- I got almost double the amount of figures for "free", same with the Mythology one, and the Cthululu retro set-- I got 50% more figures free, all for a much smaller investment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:58 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I get what Jason is saying completely and I know he's aware of what I'm about to post, but for anyone just running over and looking at the prices you might want to keep the following in mind when running your numbers. This discussion was posted over at the 4H's boards and it does take a little of the sticker-shock out of the pricing (but that's still not to say that they're going to be "cheap")

http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/forum/vie ... f=29&t=835

EDcomics wrote:
Re: Yikes that's a lot of money

Post by EDcomics » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:06 pm

I have to admit I nearly had a heart attack when the Kickstarter went live and I saw the prices on the right-hand column. I kept thinking "This can't be right. There must be a mistake." Only later did I realize the list of add-ons at the bottom revealed much more reasonable pricing. Still not cheap, but of course we're talking about collector quality figures.

The Legion Builders (after your initial pledge) are $18 a pop (domestic), which is comparable to 6" figures at retail. Cheaper than Marvel Legends. Of course, the 6-pack takes the price down to less than $16 each (domestic). The "standard" figures, which are admittedly rather deluxe in their sculpt and paint apps, are on par with the price of the Raven Kickstarter, if I'm not mistaken.

The main thing for me is the huge number of figures... but honestly, I'm not going all-in. I couldn't do it on the Raven, so I only managed six of those figures, two battles packs, and one set of bone wings. For this one, I will definitely pick and choose, but if all those stretch goals are reached, the number of figures I want will go up.

Thankfully, though, once the steel molds are made, it means there will probably be some stock later on for anyone who couldn't get everything they wanted during the Kickstarter. At least, I would imagine so.

Sir Real wrote:
Re: Yikes that's a lot of money

Postby Sir Real » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:18 pm

That's a good point. The numbers at the top on the right are only for the initial pledge. If you want all the figures, they're not all gonna cost $30 for the builders or $45 for the standards. Just pledge for one of these, $30 minimum, then add all the others as add-ons, with their prices being listed at the bottom on the left: It's 18 for individual builders as add-ons, and 33 for individual standards as add-ons.

I did the entire 16-standard assortment and one each of the builders, for US, which came to 29.xx per figure. Actually, it's slightly less per figure since I didn't factor in the art book, which is included in the 16-pack. I think that's a great price per figure. And that also includes shipping, so if you want to think of shipping as a separate cost, which it is, the actual cost per figure is even less than $29.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:55 am 
Loose, Missing Package

There are 11 more birds being displayed at Toy Fair. Not sure if this link will work or not, it may just be for backers of the Raven Kickstarter, but...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... ts/1136809

warbird
blue phoenix
mallard
blue jay
toucan
pelican
white rooster
archaeopteryx
white owl
macaw
osprey

It seems that these birds (if not all of them) are being melded into the Mythic Legions banner and will be part of the current Kickstarter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:36 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Jim_Abell wrote:
There are 11 more birds being displayed at Toy Fair. Not sure if this link will work or not, it may just be for backers of the Raven Kickstarter, but...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... ts/1136809

It seems that these birds (if not all of them) are being melded into the Mythic Legions banner and will be part of the current Kickstarter.

Which you know means in 10K increments- they will go like this (and still nothing on the kickstarter page as stretch goals

Blue Phoenix
Mallard
White Rooster
White Owl

and then these guys

warbird
blue jay
toucan
pelican
archaeopteryx
macaw
osprey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:03 am 
Loose, Missing Package

An interview where Eric and Cornboy talk about doing 9" trolls, 12" ogres, 16" giants and 36" dragons!

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2015/02/15/ny ... interview/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:40 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

They've changed their minds, not adding the birds to the Kickstarter.