Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Funko's Magic the Gathering
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:21 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Saw the first batch at Target today hanging right next to the Game of Thrones figures. They only had three in stock and they look fantastic but the $25 price point could be a killer for the line.

Post subject: Re: Funko's Magic the Gathering
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:59 pm 
ABS

Thanks for the heads-up! I wasn't aware of these figures, so I went to Funko's website to check them out. They look really good! I'm definitely thinking about getting Ajani Goldmane.

Post subject: Re: Funko's Magic the Gathering
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:28 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I really don't agree, I believe the sculpts on these look very soft- and I had hopes for the lion guy figure, but was horribly disappointed--it looks like beyond generic in the sculpt department-- maybe allowable on a 10.00 figure-- but not on a 25.00 priced figure.

Those GoT figures in the same "line" did okay initially at 19.99, but now that they are everywhere-- I have seen them sit for 9.99 a piece (at multiple stores) and no one is touching them. I think Funko has gotten a little to aggressive in their pricing, and although 9.99 for the POPs keep those moving-- these are just going to sit-- and cause problems for any possible later waves..

I really feel like funko as of late is going for quantity not quality (especially since by my count they have at least 12 different scaled lines/ design types going) and it looks like they are applying the same standards to all of them---- whats acceptable sculpting on a 9.99 stylized bobblehead, does not apply to 25.00 action figure lines..