Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Despicable Me 2 toys @ McDonalds
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 pm 
PVC

I've not been a huge McDonalds Happy Meal Toy fan in years. They just don't seem as cool as I remember. The Bearenstien Bears and Muppet Baby toys of my youth just seem cooler than the Winx and Barbie toys of today.

I was pulliing through a drive through for a quick drink today and saw a sign for DM2 toys with no description of the toy. I ordered one without the Happy Meal---it has shot up to a full $1. 62 a toy. However, I was happy with the Phil Jelly Whistle toy that came out the drive through window.

This toy has a heft and size. It's cute---who doesn't love the minions. My daughter is enjoying it. Sold. Now I want more.

I did like the Smurf toys that came out with the first movie and am hoping that Smurf 2 this July will have a similar set of toys.

Post subject: Re: Despicable Me 2 toys @ McDonalds
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:19 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Just tonight we got Phil and Tom, who 'babbles'. He laughs, really. These Happy Meal Minions won't end up in that Toy Story Short with the reject Kids Meal toys, that's for sure!

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 am 
PVC

Tom! I forgot to look at his name when I picked him up. I also have the guy with a green whistle cannon thing that sounds like a siren. I'll have to look his name. Three minions and still happy. I may go all out Pokemon on this line and collect them all!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:38 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Yeah, my 4 year old just got into these guys. Swung by McD's after his Gymboree time and picked up a happy meal. Might try and see about picking up the rest and giving them to him as a reward or something.

Post subject: It's a shame I won't be McDonaldsing Internationally soon
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:01 am 
PVC

These are awesome toys. I like the size better than what is available at Retail; but mainly because at regular retail the little ones are too little and the bigger ones are too big for my 16 month old daughter.

These are awesome. They must also be addictive. I seem to be going full on Pokemon and trying to collect them all. That's only frustrating because all of the local McDonalds employees act like no one has ever asked what toy is currently in their Happy Meal. Seriously. Shouldn't they get that question a lot?

http://www.mcdhappymealtoys.com/2013/05 ... me-2.html#

This line has a surprising amount of regional variations.

If anyone needs an US only Dave Banana Babbler and wants to trade for an exclusive from one of the other regions, let me know. Dave's not the coolest, but he is neat.