Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 4H Raven Kickstarter is live!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:59 pm 
Fugitive Dust

1 Day left to Pledge
Over 1220 backers
Over $240,300.00 pledged
369.7% of the original pledge goal
129.89% of the highest stretch goal
All currant stretch goals have been reached.
KS Staff Pick achieved in 2 days
Average amount of pledges per day - $7,495.00
Average backers per day - 38
Average comments on backer page per day - 23

Day 30 - Less than 2 full days to get your pledge in order. Go through and re check your pledge level and any add-ons you want and make sure your dollar amount is right. There will be a survey after the pledging closes to let the 4H know how you want your order fulfilled.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:52 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Ordered my 2-pack: Raven and Duck, plus $66 in add-ons.
Definitely getting the lizard guy, but I haven't decided on the final figure. Leaning towards the Falcon, American Eagle or Owl.
Good thing I'll have a little time to decide.
Again, if they had offered a you pick it 6-pack at a discount, they probably would have gotten more out of me.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:31 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Come spring you can pick as many individual birds as you want, as long as it's not Minotaur the Duck. They have blown past $250,000.00 so now its how to sped that much money within the limitations of the Kickstarter rules.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:06 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Less than 24 Hours left to Pledge
Over 1300 backers
Over $258,700.00 pledged
398% of the original pledge goal
139.89% of the highest stretch goal
All currant stretch goals have been reached.
Average amount of pledges per day - $7,4842.00
Average backers per day - 40
Average comments on backer page per day - 23

Day 31 and now less than 24 hours until pledging closes and the 4H must get down to work. Based on known fees from Kickstarter the pledge goal will need to hit $263,158 so that the actual funds in the hands of Four Horsemen Studios equals $250,000.00 (Thanks Tiffany). That's less $5000.00. we've pledged that much in an hour during the first week, I think we can pouch that much further in a day. We are also right at the edge of hitting 400% of the original pledge goal. This has been an incredible ride for me as a Toy Historian, as a friend of the 4H, and as a backer of KS projects. I can't imagine what those Jersey Boys will be feeling over the next few days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Well, I got my pledge in. Not nearly what I wanted to put in for right now (damn "check's in the mail"... grumble... watch it show up tomorrow or Wednesday...) but it will get me the exclusive stuff until next year when the guys have everything else in the store.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I might just do the all in package- and then try to sell off the stuff I wont want -- like the bone wings and some of the other stuff-- (it comes out a little cheaper per piece-- and gets rid of the fees for all the pointless crap like stickers and T-shirts..

AS some I may want wings on some and some I wont.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:29 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

You are not paying for the "pointless crap." You are paying for shipping. (There are numerous ways to order everything a la carte, without getting a shirt.)

Your complaint is like going out to dinner and saying the mint included with your check makes the meal too expensive. Not to say the meal isn't expensive, but the mint has nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:35 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

domu wrote:
You are not paying for the "pointless crap." You are paying for shipping. (There are numerous ways to order everything a la carte, without getting a shirt.)

Not really if you order ala carte-- you have to pay 45.00 to be able to order alacarte at 33.00 a piece afterwards- with the 12 pack you can pay 1.00 and then-- you are paying 33 a figure and you are getting the rest for free or in the all in -- and I think you get the non figure stuff and bone wings for free..-- - not being forced to pay 12.00 for stuff I dont want-- its a small difference but still a difference, never force someone to have to pay for stuff they dont want-- or for the cost of shipping that stuff that they dont want..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 am 

The $12 difference is for shipping.

A figure costs $33 plus $12 for shipping for $45. If you get another figure, it is only $33 because you've already covered the bulk of the shipping costs with the first $45. If you were only paying $33 for the first figure, you wouldn't be paying for shipping. What would make you think that shipping doesn't cost anything?

If you think it costs too much for a figure or for shipping, that's understandable. But to blame the cost on freebies doesn't make sense.

You get a price break on the all-in for obvious reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 am 

The point I think he's making (and one I agree with) is that they should be offering an action figure only 2-pack without any stickers or shirts at a discount. I don't want a sticker or a shirt. I just want the birds. Allow me to just buy the birds. I don't care if I just save $2, I just don't give a crap about the T-shirt. Or give us a little bit of credit if we don't want the shirt that can be applied to the store or add-ons.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 am 

And the point I'm making is that the savings would be so small that it wouldn't matter. A restaurant pays for those mints or fortune cookies or whatever. But not giving them out is not going to lower prices even a little.

The shirt is a bit different, but it's only included in really large packs. A la carte shopping can get you the same things for near the same price, if not cheaper, otherwise.

I'm guessing if someone is considering buying one of the large packs that start at $240, the $2 savings you are speculating about shouldn't really be a deciding factor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:52 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

But it does matter to me they could leave out the shirt (there is a cost with that)- or the prints- or the sticker and give me three stands instead-- --

Those stands cost 3.00 a piece (which in itself seems ridiculous-- there should be a bulk discount on that (as I have cats from their previous releases falling all over the place)- especially since once the tooling is paid for-- they will be producing that simple item for eternity..

I understand your point- I just dont agree with it- because the math doesnt follow (and I understand all of the shipping or logistics involved)---- But my point is also-- I am find with the 4H doing their projects with this-- I just believe they need to get with someone who can set up their options better on kickstarter-- because they arent using it like it was made -- they are trying to use it as a total storefront-- which is not what it is used for... THe incentives on every other one (that I have particpated in)-were free for raising an increased amount of money-- If they wanted to do it like this-- just set a lower goal and do a seperate Kickstarter for each character or something-- its just very bad planning logistics in my opinion..

I love the sculpts and I am ordering--

but the point of this in reality was as the guaranteed preorder number goes up--- the economy scale in production costs come down- -and there is no reflection of this in us being in on the ground floor- and paying for our product in advance (unless they announce the post kick price is like 40.00 a piece or something.) Like their goal of getting to 250K-- what do I care-- theres no benefit to me- maybe if they promised to reach that goal then everything would be 1.00 cheaper-- or all tier 3 and higher people would get 15.00 credit or something at store horseman-- there are 100 things they could have done better and differently. I just hope they refine this process before they try it again..

Maybe say if they cross 250K or something And find a way to rerelease a new Xetheus--(make him a different color or something)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 pm 

You can leave out the shirt.
The sticker and print are free with most pledge levels.

The math absolutely follows.

What other Kickstarters have you backed, if you don't mind my asking? I've backed mostly comic book projects. The extras thrown in at stretch levels are almost always things like bookmarks or stickers or digital downloads (very, very low cost items). When the project has tried anything more at no additional backer cost, they invariably run into trouble with actually paying for everything. Your complaint comes down to this: the Four Horsemen should have made the free sticker and free prints stretch goals. They've apparently made the horrible sin of giving them away too early...

You are talking about the Kickstarter as if nothing has been added without additional costs to the backers; this is completely not true. Originally, only the Raven was planned to have a belt. Now all the figures will. Originally, the duck would share the same feet as the other figures. Now, the duck will have webbed feet. These are additional costs that are not being passed along. These are on top of getting a free print and sticker.

I'm not sure why you are so hung up on the shirt. Just don't get it if you don't want it. Don't want the shirt with the six pack? Pledge separately for the figures. Don't want the shirt with the all-in? Give it away, and you are still saving money over buying the items remaining separately.

I understand; they're not exactly the package deals and discount that you want. Are package deals ever exactly what anyone (aside from who is selling it) wants?

What goal of getting to $250,00 are you talking about? There is no such goal.
The goal was $65,000. They've more than quadrupled that. Every stretch goal was quickly blown by (despite not being appealing to you). They apparently did something right.

And who cares if there is a direct benefit to you or me if they reach $250,000 or $300,000 or $500,000? It's not like we alone are paying to get it up to whatever amount. If I increase my pledge, don't I get more stuff? What is with the concern with the total at this point? Are you just begrudging them being more successful than they had anticipated?

I agree with you that the Kickstarter could have been streamlined and handled better. Some of the wording was inaccurate, especially in updates and add-ons. There are way too many pledge and add-on options in my opinion. They were obviously not prepared for how successful the Kickstarter ended up being. There's too much stuff that costs too much money for the normal person to handle at one time. It's overwhelming in many ways. Next time, I'd think it would be improved.

But I don't feel right complaining about it this time. "What am I getting for what I can afford to spend?" That's the only question that I feel really matters. The answer for me is that I am able to choose what I want to get at a fair market price, all the while helping out some good guys and gals with a project they have been working years on. That's works for me. If they make some money for themselves from this project and can actually pay themselves for all of their work, I have absolutely no problem with that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:20 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Pledging Has Closed
First off thank you to Four Horsemen Studios for amazing products and a HUGE thank you to all 1510 backers for without you thus would not be happening. A truly amazing finish and only fitting that The Four Horsemen of The Toypocalypse end their first Kickstarter with a number ending in 666.

1510 backers
$303,666.00 pledged
467% of the original pledge goal
164.1% of the highest stretch goal
Average amount of pledges per day - $9,202.00
Average backers per day - 46
Average comments on backer page per day - 29
Most Pledges (Day 2)- $39,108.00
Most Pledges in a Single Day (Today) - $45,255.00
Most New Backers in a Single Day (Day 2) - 308
Total New Backers (Today) - 202
Initial funding goal reached in 57 hours.
All stretch goals were reached.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:20 pm 

Check out how the Reaper Bones and the Dwarven Forge Game Tiles to see how to do it the right way. The 4H did it okay, but the stretch goals left something to be desired. If I wasn't planning on getting a few birds to begin with, there wasn't anything they offered that would have got me on board. I can't get excited about webbed feet. Now, free wings or free stands are an enticement. Extra weapons (at no additional cost) are an enticement. Being able to swap out crap I don't want (like a sticker for a stand or T shirt for multiple stands would have been the better option).

Hopefully they will improve things the next time out because they do excellent work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next