Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FISHER PRICE ADVENTURE PEOPLE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:17 am 
Damage Control

http://fpadventure.com/

These were the first true ACTION FIGURES in the small scale. Complete with a vehicle and/or accessories, the potential for this line was really well thought out, it is one of the finest children's toys I have ever seen and frankly, sorely missed.

The fisher price adventure people were realistic looking figures that stood about 3 inches high with articulation at the hips and shoulders, the left arm was always slightly bent (so that one could actualy do a variety of action poses), the head could look down or side to side. The figures came with vehicles and had accessories to match, check out the site above.
My favorite was the SEARCH AND RESCUE HELICOPTER, I never owned one as a kid, but I have two now and thoroughly enjoy them still. The other really cool thing was the variety of figures and the fact that some of these figures were of a different race. One of the pilots with the SAR CHOPPER is black as well as there is a black news anchorwoman. From 1977, I thought this line was really showing some forward thinking, granted it wasnt equal in amount of different ethnic figures put out, but at least they were there. The line ran the gauntlet from SPACE (shuttle, moon rover, planetary expedition vehicle w/trailer and hover craft) to SKY-stunt plane, f-15 fighter jet, helicopters of various sizes to LAND-safari vehicles/ambulance/tv news van/X-treme van/drag racers/funny cars/jeeps/formula 1 race cars to SEA-Boats, submersibles, undersea diving sled.

I see the bulky rescue heroes and Imaginext and long for the days of yesteryear when one could really see fun in just something that looks to scale and a child could play with and see that even real heroes, real people and real vehicles still have alot of adventure that really grabs thier imagination.

The line also had alien figures, robots and a space commander who know doubt was heralding the coming of a new era that will never be seen.....well, you never know.

Anyways, hope you enjoy looking and if you ever played with this line, post what you loved/hated about em.
later
T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:32 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Incredible website! I loved these guys! The crazy part is I remember most of these guy's names and used them correctly for years.
Unfortunately I did learn something disturbing with the construction workers. Who I thought to be Barney was Frank and Frank was Barney. 30 years of mistaken identity. :lol:
Thanks for posting this site. Can't wait to show my brother.