Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:35 pm 
shirtless hugger

Wow, I'd totally have been into that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:23 pm 
ABS

Another one just occurred to me, the second series of BraveStarr, which would have featured Judge J.B., a female for the line.

-Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:32 pm 
ABS

SpyMagician wrote:
Geez, did Hasbro drop the ball on Small Soldiers! NOT marketing the Commando Elite as the draw for the film (it was called Small SOLDIERS) and overdoing it with the Gorgonites...

They may have been the good guys, but this was a case where the "bad guys" were SOOOOOOOOOOOO much cooler!

SpyMagician

Like most Small Soldiers fans, I love the Commando Elite, but I'll stick up for the Gorganites insomuch as I think Archer was a good, noble character with a great design.

Annoyingly, one of the reasons there was never a follow-up to Small Soldiers (a CGI series was heavily rumored) was executive producer Steven Speilberg's shock and awe at the Commando Elite's popularity. He ordered them severly watered down for any future incarnations, though I'm sure he chose other terms.

Under those circumstances, I'm glad there was never a cartoon.

As for the Kenner/Hasbro figures, I absolutely love them. One of my favorite lines of all time, easily, but boy does the lack of Link Static and Butch Meathook ACHE!

-Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:09 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Ya know JJJ,

I actually customized a Link and Butch! Unfortunately they are really SMALL! HAH!

I used the playing pieces from the board game and the men from some Tonka line with drivers of similar stature. Nice look overall, but they are like only 2 inches tall!

But on the upside, at least we got Kip Killigan and Nick Nitro!

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:59 pm 
Displays Backwards

ToyOtter wrote:
"Toy Biz is considering releasing a line of collector action figure sets based on the famous Marvel Monsters created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

WOW WOW WOW! I'd never seen those! Holy crap, I could care less about Marvel Legends, but I would be all over those sets. I love those old Kirby/Lee Monster comics.

I used to pine for the unreleased 4th (?) S:TAS wave that was supposed to have the Flash in it, but the Mattel JL Flash was worth waiting half a decade for.

I was probably the only one on Earth who bought the cool Astro City figures and was hoping to get the Jack in the Box and Winged Victory figures that were supposedly prototyped for that failed line...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:03 pm 
Dog Squeezer

PeterFries wrote:
ToyOtter wrote:
I was probably the only one on Earth who bought the cool Astro City figures and was hoping to get the Jack in the Box and Winged Victory figures that were supposedly prototyped for that failed line...

Ah! Good ol Toy Vault! They specialize in FAILED lines!

I remember wanting Astro City, Farscape and LOTR figures than never got made too!

I still really like their Gimli figure, as it's pretty much the only one that is still a cool figure whereas pretty much all the other Toy Vault figures are totally outclassed by the Toy Biz LOTR stuff.

Except the Barrow Wight I guess, since he never made the movie cut...

Toy Vault pretty much only makes plush now right?

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:10 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Oh Yeah... I have seen the prototypes for the Toy Vault Wingged Victory and Jack in the Box. Boy, that is when I was JUST starting out and Toy Vault was one of the first companies that talked to me.

There was also the Flattworld 8" AC Jack-in-the-Box. I won an Flattworld figure in a contest from their website and I was given the option of waiting a getting one of their "upcoming" figures as my prize. I picked Jack...I'm still waiting. :evil:

JM

Post subject: unproduced scans
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:56 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Don't know if this is totally cool but I had my Toyfare #40 from 2000 handy so I thought I could shed some light to this discussion.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Enjoy

-Glassman
Mods: Please delete this if these scans will bring down the Shamus thunder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:36 am 
Fugitive Dust

Came across an old article, which originally appeared on Comics Continuum back in October of 2000, about an announced 4th wave of X-Men Movie figs from Toybiz, which included:

# Pit Fighter Logan with cage from movie's early fight scene.

# Battle Ravaged Wolverine.

# Prison Magneto with plastic chess set from final scene.

# Lab-Tech Jean Grey with Senator Kelly on lab table.

# Senator Kelly with containment chamber from when Magneto captured him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:35 pm 
active in the community

Starscream wrote:
I just found these like 2 seconds ago. I've always heard about these but I've never seen them

http://www.geocities.com/bucky_ohare_toys/

We have the license for Bucky O' Hare, Toxic Crusaders and we are bringing Extreme Ghostbusters back. You guys have alot of good suggestions listed here. We are taking feedback for the new lines we are doing and suggestions for other retro lines fans would like to see brought back as well.
http://www.shockertoys.com/forums

Oh and Hi julius glad to see you on your own, the place is great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:33 am 
active in the community

ImageImageImage

HOLY CRAP! Those are AWESOME! T.O., do you have any higher rez versions of those images you could e-mail to me?!?

CORNBOY
mayse@optonline.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:11 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Bill and Ted stuff I found a day or so ago. Scroll down to see the unreleased stuff.

http://www.billandted.org/merchandiseaction.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:26 pm 
Crime Against Nature

CornboyMayse wrote:
HOLY CRAP! Those are AWESOME! T.O., do you have any higher rez versions of those images you could e-mail to me?!?

Sadly, those are the only images I have. I think that's the size they were sent. I don't remember the results of our poll offhand, but the line obviously never progressed so maybe that wasn't the right time for it.

It would be neat if they revived that idea one of these days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:38 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

http://home.earthlink.net/~albertlew/unreleased.htm

Bumping it becuase someone posted this link over at RTM. Also you think that Art Adam's monster line might be something similar to what this Monster pack is that's supposed to be coming out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:24 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm with MWC on the Earthworm Jim stuff. I really wanted to see that hit the streets. I remember seeing pics of Prof. Monkeyforahead and Queen Slugforabutt. It would have been beautiful.

Anyway, yeah Toy Vault LOTR had some figures ready to roll - Elrond was one I think - before the license went *poof*!

Also, there were a few Tigersharks items that didn't make it out, including a few figures if memory serves.

Peace!

lpm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next