Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:52 am 
Former King of Posts

Hasbro's Superman Man of Steel line had a 3rd asst that never made it to retail. The 4th wave of Hasbro's Total Justice had the same fate. Eventually, most of these were made available briefly through the Hasbro Collector's site in 2 pack boxes branded as DC Super Heroes. But I think there may have been one or two that never made it out.

Hasbro's Batman Beyond is said to have a sculpt of "Stalker", a big game hunter type character that never made it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:56 am 
Daniel Pickett

superfriend wrote:
Hasbro's Batman Beyond is said to have a sculpt of "Stalker", a big game hunter type character that never made it out.

There were several test shots of the Stalker figure that did make it out (on Ebay from overseas) and I've seen a few folks casting them and selling them unpainted. He's real, and kind of available.

Julius M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:42 am 
Damage Control

Was there any Famous Covers or DC Superheroes (9") that were in production but never made it?? I still find it odd we never got Thing/Torch or Flash/WW at least from these lines to put some sort of a bow on them. Wasn't there a FC wave that was to include Tigra, Beast, Thing and ManThing ??? What are the chances of getting something akin to this down the road?? I would have hoped DCD would have done something in the 9" scale to continue what we've already gotten. If they would have announced a 9" Flash instead of a 13" Superman, I think more people would have been excited. Just my $.02. I still hold out some hope we get more FC some day. But I'm stuborn that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:58 am 
grouch wrote:
Was there any Famous Covers or DC Superheroes (9") that were in production but never made it?? I still find it odd we never got Thing/Torch or Flash/WW at least from these lines to put some sort of a bow on them. Wasn't there a FC wave that was to include Tigra, Beast, Thing and ManThing ??? What are the chances of getting something akin to this down the road?? I would have hoped DCD would have done something in the 9" scale to continue what we've already gotten. If they would have announced a 9" Flash instead of a 13" Superman, I think more people would have been excited. Just my $.02. I still hold out some hope we get more FC some day. But I'm stuborn that way.

Yep, there was a "Beast" wave planned that would have included those you mentioned. Also seems that there was a Dr Strange and Punisher planned to be part of the last series produced.

http://www.mastercollector.com/articles/reviews/review080505.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:35 pm 
3 3/4"

Now Im a big fan of kenners Aliens line-mostly the Colonial marines but I nearly wet myself YEARS ago(i was 14 i think) when I read in previews of an upcoming assortment that featured the King Alien(which seen release)Dutch,Space Marine Dutch,Blain and Ramirez(soldiers from predator)-obviously these never materialized but the Predator line would have been excellent with Dutch,Blain(jese Ventura) and Poncho in it-man I loved these figures and wanted to see them bad but ah well :( . also there was a drop ship for this line that was scrapped but re released in the VR troopers line I think.....

also the halt on releasin the ONLY good Jean grey for Tbs X-men line was criminal and I would have loved that AOA Mr sinister for my AOA shelf.

also wasnt Nova of the New Warriors supposed to see a figure in a Spider man assortment and was dropped too?one of those secret weapon lines like Red Skull and Silver Sable appeared in-he would have been awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:35 pm 
New Warriors Nova did get made in the Silver Surfer line.

From marveltoys.net:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:39 pm 
3 3/4"

I know the Female Nova got made but I thought for sure he didnt!!!WOW

is he rare?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:24 pm 
Cold-cast

The Rick Ryder Nova is probably the hardest old style 5" Toy Biz figure to find. It came out in a Silver Surfer 5" series in 1997/98 and was short-packed at 1 per 12 piece case.

The wave he came in was also the last SS wave sent to retail, so many stores didn't even order it. I beleive only KB and TRU carried the line, and TRU immediately put that series on clearance.

I *NEVER EVER EVER* saw this figure at retail, and at the time I was out for toys multiple times per week. I finally got mine in a on-line trade: some original POTF2 vehicles for a lot of TB MArvels and Hasbro DC figures.

Here's a link to the only ebay listing I could find with the New Warriors Nova. People weren't bidding it up for Ronan the Accuser!! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silver-Surfer-Lot-of-7-RARE-NOVA-figure-included_W0QQitemZ5996356875QQcategoryZ348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Rick Ryder Nova is easily among the top 5 figure TB made pre ML.

man-thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:49 pm 
proverbial old fart

I remember that there were pegs full of Destroyer with his mouth hanging open on the racks for ages...

I found this series in KB Toys in the Seattle area (was living there at the time), including the Nova figure along with the Adam Warlock.

That was a great line. One of the best ToyBiz ever did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:21 am 
3 3/4"

going to have to get on this --right now I tell ya!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:15 am 
Dog Squeezer

Bandai USA just squirted out a bunch of toys I though for sure were destined to be "Unreleased."

Jagun Fighters Rikio and Yamaru: I found these at Big Lots!

DICE wave 2 Action figures: Saw em on ebay and at youbuynow.com of all places! Add that to the Hoverrhynchus from wave 2 (that I only found at Kmart) and you actually have almost the entire first 2 waves of vehicle/driver combos having seen release. (only missing the Monocrawler for Marco, and the Lambeotracker for Macchiato.)

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:30 am 
3 3/4"

another series that really should have seen release was Avengers Animated series 3-the Thor and iron Man from there look awesome-that was a real shame-I also would have liked the IM Living Laser figure

Post subject: more stuff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:17 pm 
PLAYING MANTIS had several near hits - besides the unreleased Captain Action versions of Johnny Quest and co, I think they planned to do Space Ghost as well. While the DC and Marvel characters were out of bounds, they did want to pursue independent characters like Nexus. WOOO Imagnine a Megaton Man Captian Action figure.

To go along with the beautifule Rudolph line, a Frosty the Snowman figures was shown at Toy Fair, but licensing problems killed that. Last year they showed a line of Little Drummer Boy figures, but due to the sale of the company those will probably never be seen again.

In the Peanuts line they could not get sufficient retailer support for the Auditorium playset. I was hoping to use it for Simpsons figures.

PLAYMATES - Simpsons figures of Sanjay (Apu's brother), Cecil Terwellinger (Side Show Bob's brother), "Uncle" Moe (this sounds creepy), Lindsay Naegle, Ninja Bart and Tuxedo Kang and Kodos were so close to being released that their voices are hidden in the last playset (Town Square) and you can only play them with a special device (Voxaculator). Though no photos of sculpts have surfaced. And of course Maude Flanders and a couple other Treehouse of Horror sets were sketched and designed, but no sculpts have surfaced.

A couple more Looney Tunes figures were planned including Yosemite Sam with his "idjiot Dragon" I have photos of this in the Playmates sales catalog. Anybody want to create a photo archive of this stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:17 pm 
Killer Mothman

A couple additions:

Many years ago, I had heard rumors that Charaxes was being made for the Legends of the Dark Knight line (this rumor came out when the "exposed middriff Batgirl" was coming out) - There might have been other villain characters in that wave as well.

From the Star Wars front, in addition to all of the great things shown at Celebration III, I read a Hasbro promotional pamphlet from European Toy Fair around 99 or 2000 (in French) that a cinema scene of Imperial Star Destroyer commanders - Piett, Ozzel and Needa - was planned. The first two made it to stores years later - is there a Needa prototype floating around still?

Don't forget about the Mego Dr. Doom that supposedly lent his face for the Mego Iron Man...

And finally, Matchbox's Fighting Furies line had two (as near as I can tell) unreleased items: The Pirate Longboat (featured in an ad for Matchbox's 1976 Toy Fair display) and the Wonder Horse which was part of the Europe-only Western line (The Western line was out in 1977, so I presume Wonder Horse would have been available then) These items may have been released, but as far as I can find out, they weren't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:24 pm 
Killer Mothman

@ Grouch,

Quote:
Was there any Famous Covers or DC Superheroes (9") that were in production but never made it??

I seem to remember rumors about a 9" DC Super Heroes Riddler as well as one other villain character that now escapes me. (Bizarro?)

Anyone with a better memory than mine remember?

And I also seem to remember someone seeing a STAS Flash figure at Toy Fair one year. Is this one a myth?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next