All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:01 pm 
Dog Squeezer

TheJoker wrote:
Dare wrote:
Simpsons: 3 words: Kang & Kodos

What about them?

I think it was the fact that they were impossible to get really soured a lot of folks (me included) on Simpsons.

I remember a local Los Angeles Scalper and his buddy that worked at TRU had 10 sealed CASES (full cases, not individual items) at Frank and Sons when they were released.

Made me sick to see it.

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:10 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Glenn2000 wrote:

Where do you live?

The ML series VII & VIII were as rare as hen't teeth at Wal-Mart but IX (aka: the Galactus series) is everywhere now... TRU, Target, Wal-Mart and comic shops.

If you need something and have no sources let me know and I'll be glad to help you out.

Glenn

Here in Louisville, the MLs move, and I mean MOVE! Pretty much the only figure you can count on seeing regularly is Weapon X. Even Deathlok and Bullseye steadily sell down.

Thanks for the offer of assistance. I need to decide if I'm sticking with the line, though. I haven't even opened the last couple of pieces I actually did find, and for me (a die-hard opener) that's a very bad sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:56 am 

DCD Pocket Heroes, mainly 'cause they don't come out anymore. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:11 pm 
Displays Backwards

nquick wrote:
I also quit collecting DC Direct due to the same reason. Example. I open my Jack Knight Starman and his arm broke.

Same here! Starman was I think the third and last DC Direct I bought.

Expense is an issue as well. I gave up on Simpsons and Star Wars Legos, two lines I love, because the toys were just too darn pricey.

My comic book buying is slacking off to next to nothing as well, lately. So many unjustifiable expenses. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:44 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Breakage is a good reason to pause collecting, but not always a good reason to stop.

Companies often improve QC, if nothing else and DCD's QC has improved a lot.

Ever since they wised up and stopped using brittle clear plastic for the pegs in knees and elbows and other working parts, the figure have become a lot more sturdy.

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:23 am 

It's taken me far too long to get around to this thread:

Masters of the Universe (new) - only because it was cancelled. I never collected them as a kid but this new line ROCKED!

Star Wars -- I think that everybody collected this line at one time. However, with the "quality" of the prequels, rising figure prices due to licensing costs, and endless versions of the same characters I decided to bail. (Get it?) Now, if the line had consistent articulation and a lower price point I might have stayed with it.

HALO -- Aside from a few of the Covenant, I've pretty much dropped this line. For the original HALO series I think we have pretty much ever figure produced. However the redesign of the Spartan/Master Chief for series 2 just left both of us cold. So, aside from the occasional Brute or Grunt, this line is done.

Transformers: I don't know what happened but once RiD was done, so was I. I guess my interest in TF's was kindled by the Beast Wars series and once it went away my interest started to wane. I think the gimmicky nature of Armada and the price point just made me realize that I'd rather spend the cash on Joes instead.