Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Some thoughts on Toys that should be clearanced NOW!
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:36 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

This item will be published in the next issue of TOY TIMES, the newsletter from the Boston Area Toy Collectors Club.

The saddest moment –as in the most pathetic—that I have experienced recently was on last Friday, the 13th. I went shopping on my lunch hour to Newbury Comics and Toys-R-Us in Cambridge. While just going there some might consider pathetic, it was what I found on the shelves is what I deem sad.

In the sports section of Newbury Comics, I found the Nomar Garciaparra figure in his grey BOSTON uniform by McFarlane Toys. Price: $14.99 plus tax. Image

BaHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! :lol: I wonder how long it will be before Newbury Comics decides to clearance this blight on the action figure world.

It got sadder when I went to TRU. There were 13 McFarlane Nomars gathering dust on the pegs. At least they were a bit cheaper at $9.99.

Now the race is on in Cambridge: which store will sell out of their Nomars?
Will it be the one for $15 at Newbury or the good baker’s dozen at TRU? It will be a race to watch with no doze. Neither chain is quick to react. Neither chain realizes that Nomar works for the Chicago Cubs now. In his Boston uniform, he is a non-entity, especially since he wasn’t with the Boston championship team.

NOTE to TRU and Newbury Comics: drop the price on the Nomars soon before the shear weight of the dust they gather destroys your buildings.

NOTE to Todd Mc: If you want to capture the current state of Nomar, how about an action figure of Nomar writhing on the ground in agony clutching his groin?
© 2005 SI.com
I might pay $15 bucks for that; at least at Newbury Comics, not TRU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:16 am 
Tis' but a pup

What about all those Ricky Williams Miami Dolphins figs... I saw one clearanced and sitting at a a Target for 1.04!

$1.04!!!

And it was sitting!

I'd like a Barry Bonds fig with steroid "vitamin" accessory and a cowering reporter. He could be a talking figure, with authentic "bitter crybaby" quotes!