Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Deluxe Buffy and Faith early review!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:57 pm 
5th Horseman

I figured there might be some folks interested in these...I reviewed the Deluxe Buffy and Faith figures tonight - all six - over at MROTW. I really like the Buffy head sculpt, but unfortunately, after doing such a good job with the MAC Faith, GG managed to hit her with the ugly stick again...

http://www.mwctoys.com

Michael
MWC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:56 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Wow-- the Graduation Day Buffy looks pretty good but I have to agree that those Faith figures are pretty fugly. Is it so hard to capture the hotness that is Eliza Dushku in plastic form?

It would seem so...

Great reviews as always!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:35 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Even the likeness of Eliza was off in the original MAC figures. The GG sculpt is WAY off. Too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:16 am 
ABS

Buffy? Buffy who?

Kidding....

MICHAEL!!! .... Your #41 Clone Trooper review had me laughing out loud with this picture:

I want "The Best Of Michael Crawford" to be published as a coffee table book! Or, at least a nice trade paperback. ;)

Seriously, though... that is one classic photo! I can actually hear the music playing to it.....

Matt
aka Iron-Cow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:33 am 
5th Horseman

Thanks! I actually talked to Diamond last year about the possibility of doing just that - a best of sort of book at the end of the year. Maybe if I can get my stuff together this year and get a layout put together...

I've been trying to do a photo here and there that needs no caption, no special effects, and is still funny. You'd be surprised - it's harder than it sounds. But that one works pretty well, especially due to the Snowtroopers stance - it looks like he's struggling to keep him up there.

Michael
MWC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:04 am 
ABS

I would *definitely* buy it! I'm a sucker for things like Twisted ToyFare Theater and such....

And hey, if you happen to need an illustrator to contribute any artwork to the book.... ;)

Matt
aka Iron-Cow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:50 pm 
shirtless hugger

Actually you know the Faith figures look better in those pics than any I've seen previously. Might get the standard versions of her and Buffy, and perhaps the pony tail buffy exclusive as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:56 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

They look great, even though Faith's sculpt isn't completely accurate. I'm actually quite impressed with the buffy scupts, looks alot like SMG. With tons of articuation, who doesn't love it? I could look past Faith's manish face.

If the deluxe figures do well, I hope they do more deluxe figures for other characters as well. Especially the fighters like Angel and Spike. Maybe they could do other slayers also like Kendra or Nikki Wood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:23 pm 
ABS

The Kid wrote:

If the deluxe figures do well, I hope they do more deluxe figures for other characters as well. Especially the fighters like Angel and Spike. Maybe they could do other slayers also like Kendra or Nikki Wood.

I like the way this ma-...ah, Kid thinks. :D

-JJJ