Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Do you have a (pipe) dream action figure line?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:54 pm 
ABS

Is there a line of action figures you'd love to see a specific company do but, for whatever reason, it's basically a one in a million shot it'd happen? I don't just mean, "I wish Mattel could make Captain Marvel," or, "It'd be awesome if there was a Electra Glide in Blue line," I mean a specific line of action figures you basically dream of seeing, not even necessarily licensed, from a specific company.

I have one.

I would absolutely love it if Mezco made a line of 6 or 7" scale figures (no rotocast) based on the novel Dracula. There'd be basically no licensing cost, Mez could let his people conceive the characters with their usual blend of style and respect, and I've no doubt the accessories and packaging would be off the chart.

Mezco is the only company I'd want to see do this as they combine sculpt, style, articulation, paint, accessories, material quality, packaging and risk better than anyone else in the business, in my opinion. My only frustration with them is they don't hold enough licenses I love to be jazzed about everything they do. A line of Dracula novel figures from them would be heavenly.

That's mine. What's yours?

-JJJ

Last edited by JJJason on Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:15 pm 
shirtless hugger

Well I'll get outlandish as all get out.

I want a DCD Valiant Comics line. Not the slightest bit possible. But still.

All Bruckner sculpts, and they'd be two packs. Six inch scale. The line would be called Valiant Versus.

Series One

Magnus Robot Fighter vs robot
Solar vs Mothergod
Shadowman(early costume) vs zombie
Leeja and Tekla
Rai vs Spider-Alien

Series Two

X-O Manowar vs Spider-Alien
Turok vs Velociraptor
Ninjak vs ninja
Archer & Armstrong
Sting vs Harada

Series Three

Eternal Warrior & Geoff the Geomancer
Bloodshot vs gangster
Shadowman(wild haired, second costume) vs Master D'Arque
Rai(2nd) vs Malev (variant A)
Magnus (Battle Armor) vs Malev (Variant B)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:50 pm 
Crime Against Nature

Actually, i have two:

Pulp Heroes:

The Shadow
Doc Savage
Tarzan
The Phantom
Sherlock Holmes
Mr. Moto
Etc.

And Comic Strip characters:

Dick Tracy
Orphan Annie/Sandy
Wash Tubbs/Easy
Terry/Pat
L'il Abner
Popeye
etc.

I know some of these have been made (and the great Josh Izzo has made some amazing customs of the pulp guys) but I'd love a line in scale with each other, if not entirely the same style.

The Craig Yoe mini staues of the comic characters would be the perfect line if they were about $45 cheaper, and they had more on-model sculpts. I know he's trying for some weird retro style, but it doesn't do much for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:05 am 
ABS

ToyOtter wrote:
Actually, i have two:

Pulp Heroes:

The Shadow
Doc Savage
Tarzan
The Phantom
Sherlock Holmes
Mr. Moto

When the time comes, you and my first novel are going to get along quite well, I think. :wink:

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:37 am 
shirtless hugger

I'd like a Michael William Kaluta Shadow figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:08 am 
Me, I'd like a line based on Raymond E. Feist's Midkemia novels. There are so many great characters, monsters, etc.

I'd enlist Toy Biz after their efforts with LOTR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:39 am 
Daniel Pickett

I like BlueSparrow's Valiant line. I'd buy all of those.

I also wish someone (McFarlane, NECA or SOTA) would make an Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors in one of their movie lines.

I'd have to buy that!

JM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:06 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I'd love to see a Hayao Miyazaki line from Yamato. So much material there that would make suberb figures.

Post subject: What I'd like to see
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:53 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The Godfather Saga.

It could be as big as Star Wars. Don Corleone all ages, Michael all ages, etc.

Nothing would be greater than a Luca Brasi action figure.
When can I see the Toll Booth Massacre Playset?
That would be awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:04 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

bluesparrow wrote:
Well I'll get outlandish as all get out.

I want a DCD Valiant Comics line. Not the slightest bit possible. But still.

All Bruckner sculpts, and they'd be two packs. Six inch scale. The line would be called Valiant Versus.

Series One

Magnus Robot Fighter vs robot
Solar vs Mothergod
Shadowman(early costume) vs zombie
Leeja and Tekla
Rai vs Spider-Alien

Series Two

X-O Manowar vs Spider-Alien
Turok vs Velociraptor
Ninjak vs ninja
Archer & Armstrong
Sting vs Harada

Series Three

Eternal Warrior & Geoff the Geomancer
Bloodshot vs gangster
Shadowman(wild haired, second costume) vs Master D'Arque
Rai(2nd) vs Malev (variant A)
Magnus (Battle Armor) vs Malev (Variant B)

Good call. I had completely forgotten about the Valiant characters. That was a great universe in the early days. Great stuff came from that tightly knit universe.

And to repost here's mine that I posted on RTM:
want to see a more articulated line of Darkwing Duck. Although I'm sad we didn;t get all of the Fearsome Five (?) we did get Steelbeak which really surprised me since I didn't figure they'd pick him for wave 1.

Gargoyles - the same as above except have the same level of output ML has except with less down time between waves. There were soooo many cool characters from this show which I would have loved to have seen in plastic form.

TMNT - done via Takara except without the cap on characters. I don't know why I want to see translucent TMNT figures but I do. That and I want them to be in scale with joes so they can kick all the ninjas' asses. Of course a regularly painted version of each of the four turtles would have to be mandatory. A comic Shredder would look incredibly nice alongside SE and SS from joe.

Thundercats - same as above but without translucent stuff. The Thundercats were always too big for me as a kid. The smaller scale is always great because it's far easier to create playsets out of existing material wheher it be toys or just stuff from a craft store.

Mega Man minimates - I believe R Hunter mentioned AA was pursuing the MM license before Jazwares got it and even though I'm really enthused about the retro roto line (except for those damn noses on Ice and Wood Man) I would've loved to have seen assloads of two packs with robot masters and all the different rainbow colored Mega Men that have been in the games.

Teen Titan in scale with JL figs. None of this stumpy Cyborg or Slade crap.

SD Gundam - a continuation of this line. This has to have been my favorite line to collect in the past few years. THe cartoon reminded me of something I'd watch before going to school each morning as a kid and o course the designs were the cute SD versions of the badass mech that populated the numerous Gundam universes. The Dogas were made but never released and it's a shame we didn't get to see Season 2 over here. The Season 2 characters would have rocked as toys with Deathscythe, Epyon, and the four kings of Terror (from G) among them. It was also the first time I didn't know what was coming out until I saw it. If I had to pick one out of the above this line would be it.

Anyways, probably not the sort of answer you were looking for but it kinda opened up the mental floodgates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:38 am 
Wonderdog

well as i am relativly new to this forum, here are what i would like to see..........figures based on the following movie and or tv shows..
1. Legend ( tom cruise as jack and mia sara as lily as well as the rest of the cast )
2. Ghostbusters ( where are the humans? i know we got the ghosts but to over look the core team? what gives? )
3. superman 2 ( general zod and crew )
4. captain marvel ( 70's live action tv show )
5. isis ( 70's live action tv show )
6. wonder woman ( tv series, why they never made her yet is anyones guess )
7. batman ( 60's tv show, adam west, burt ward, cesar romero, frank gorshin etc.... why are all the good lines over looked? )
i dont know about anyone else but i think it is safe to say that there is a market for these figures. what do you all think ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:25 am 
ABS

Webslinger wrote:
2. Ghostbusters ( where are the humans? i know we got the ghosts but to over look the core team? what gives? )

I believe the story with Ghostbusters is Bill Murray won't release his likeness and NECA (who made the ghost figures over a year ago) didn't want to make just three of the four Ghostbusters (or two of the three originals if you don't count Winston).

Sucks.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:07 pm 
PVC

I've always wanted to see a broad based, if unconnected line of creator owned comic figures.

Wave I

Grimjack
Scout
Sabre
American Flagg
Nexus

Wave II

Breed
Badger
Jon Sable
Aztec Ace
Mr. Monster

Darn near impossible to do, but a whole lot of fun. And nearly limitless possible waves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:05 pm 
Factory Worker

I'd love a line of Figures based on old Live action Disney movies. Specificlly Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Black Hole. Ideally i think i'd like SOTA to do it. I've been pretty happy with them thus far.

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Mr. Dark
Tom Fury The Lightening Rod Salesman.
The Dust Witch Played By Pam Grier
a Two Pack of the Little Kids just because you kind of need them since they played such a big part of the film...
The Three Little people who appear in the film.
Mr Cooger in an normal and Young phase

The Black Hole

Maximilian Schell .... Dr. Hans Reinhardt
Anthony Perkins .... Dr. Alex Durant
Robert Forster .... Capt. Dan Holland
Joseph Bottoms .... Lt. Charles Pizer
Yvette Mimieux .... Dr. Kate McCrae
Ernest Borgnine .... Harry Booth

Plus the Robots of Coarse. Vincent could come with Robert Forster and Bob With Ernest Borgnine.

Plus of Coarse the Star of the Show, the Evil Red Robot Maximilian with some sort of Clear base so he could hover.

Yeah. I know. Pipe Dream that will never happen. But i can dream damnit!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:17 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Quote:
Do you have a (pipe) dream action figure line?

It's called Super Hero Showdown.

Never thought a 4" line of highly-detailed and articulated Marvels would be produced by Toy Biz, though after the Spider-Man 2 Train Battle Playset, I had hope.

Then TB stepped up and realized what had been a dream of mine for almost 20 years.

Now I just wish for more 4" comic-based lines to display along with my SHS collection... :D