Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Quick Battle Cry Uruk-Hai Review...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 pm 
ABS

Picked up the new roaring Uruk and Possessed King Theoden at TRU about a week ago.

Opened the Uruk-Hai tonight to find he's a good figure, not great, just pretty solid. I LOVE that ToyBiz has backed off the articulated hands, and the helm fits him very well, but I dunno, there's nothing overly detailed or exciting about him. Plus, he has the Morbius rubber-wrapped head to accomodate the roaring action, which sounds like it may be a leftover from the WCW line.

The accesories are nice; a long, two-piece pike and a torch. The torch is a nice sculpt, but the paint is a little simplistic.

Overall, this is a pretty good figure, but we've still yet to get a solid, non-gimmicked, armored Helm's Deep Uruk-Hai soldier. There's this guy, who would make a good squad leader with the roar and the torch, there's the crossbow Uruk-Hai and there's the Berserker, who was given nothing but a big sword and a helm and told, "Go sell. Go win a Cadillac."

I'm hoping we see LOTR at SDCC. Last I heard, the line was scheduled to continue in 2006.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I would say with the no show at SDCC that LOTR is not going into 2006. Hopefully we'll see the Epic waves 1 and 2, and then maybe some repacking of older figures but I think that is it IF were lucky. I don't hold out hope right now.