Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCUC found in WalMart in Canada (Saskatoon)!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:29 am 
Tis' but a pup

I was sooooo shocked when I happened upon 1 full case of them yesterday. They are obviously doing relines, and taking inventory as there are white sheets of paper everywhere explaining where things should go. Unfortunately, DCUC only has 2 pegs devoted to it. according to the white sheet I saw.

I didn't pick them up as my case arrived 2 days earlier from BBTS. I'm thankful that for that because unfortunately the case that was on the shelf at Walmart full of bad paint applications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:52 am 
Knows his stuff

there shipping to wal*marts? yaaaay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:44 am 
proverbial old fart

Well, yes and no...

If you have a super-godzilla-size Wal-Mart nearby there is a good chance that you will see The Batman and the DCUC toys there. But, the smaller stores - even mine which is a "Super Wal-Mart" isn't carrying the lines.

There are several planograms available depending on the store size and layout and the store management has some say in what lines are carried.

And remember, although we treat it like it's the 51st state, Canada is a foreign country and works under different rules that the WMs in the states...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:54 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Just to be clear, DCUC have only shown up in Wally's in Canada so far. This could be a similar situation to the purple JLU 3 packs that were sold in Canadian Walmarts in 2007, but not in American Walmarts.

I'm concerned that Walmart Canada will only carry the 1st wave of DCUC but no future waves. This is what happened to DCSH; it was painfully comical to see a lone Scarecrow figure at a Toronto Walmart warm a peg for 20 months!

On the other hand, this is this likely be a harbinger that TRU Canada will carry the line, too. Unfortunately, they sometimes miss out on year's the final wave or two. This was a well documented problem with DCSH.

So I'm hanging on to my online preorders to play it safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:01 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Glenn2000 wrote:
And remember, although we treat it like it's the 51st state, Canada is a foreign country and works under different rules that the WMs in the states...

Yep, Walmart Canada has their own set of buyers that can stock the stores with product that the U.S. buyers will pass on. For example, the McFarlane Toys line of NHL hockey figures is crazy popular up here but not carried in Wally's USA. Toddy-boy even produces Walmart Canada exclusives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:41 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

Glenn2000 wrote:

And remember, although we treat it like it's the 51st state, Canada is a foreign country...

Ahh yes, Canada, my home and native land. Where the men are men and the moose are nervous.

Hopefully Zellers gets in on some DCUC as well, if so it should be pretty easy to find them.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I found a full set at my local wallys world here on the rock.
I was actually very surprised that they were there.
Now, only a lone batman remains.!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:29 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

Found a Red Tornado and a Batman. Hopefully Walmart will go all Marvel Legends on this line, I never collected them but they always seemed to have a whole heaping heck of a pile of them anytime I walked by.

Also I found a Princess Leia Collection 2 pack(with Luke) from 10 years ago on the shelf. The Walmart I was at is only 6 month's old so it was obviously a return. Still scanned at $9.98.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:38 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I posted this @ fwoosh, thought Canadians here might be interested in seeing it too:

Quote:
Possible good news about DCUC series 2. :D

I emailed www.walmart.ca on Sunday and asked about Mattel's DCUC series 2 (I made sure I was very specific about the difference between series 1 and series 2 or they would have assumed I was talking about series 1, trust me I've been through it with past lines before)... and told them I had not recieved an answer from anyone at their stores about series 2.

Today there was a message on my answering machine from the Carleton Place Wal-Mart (I put their store's code in the email), saying that the next wave of Mattel's DCUC are expected to be shipped some time in July.
The reason why I said possible good news is because the manager who called didn't specificly say it would series 2, just that the "next series of DC Universe figures" should be arriving at his store some time in July. He certainly made it sound like it wouldn't be just another refresh of series 1, so that sounded promising.

Maybe if we all email Wal-Mart Canada about DCUC series 2 and future waves (especially the Wal-Mart exclusive wave), that could help them realize there's a demand for future waves of DCUC. It's worth a shot at least, right? It took me about 2 minutes to email them.... please fellow Canadian fwooshers, email www.walmart.ca about DCUC as well. Maybe you'll get a call about DCUC from your local store too.
:)