Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: the Official Batman: Brave & the Bold discussion thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:47 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Bat:B&B is very fraggin' incredible. FOr those of you who have watched this is the place to discuss all the little easter eggs, character re-imaginings, storylines, art style, etc.

Get to it people.

I'll be back same bat-time, same bat-thread in a bit. I gotta go rewatch some episodes first.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:58 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Well I've seen one episode and I think it was part 2 of a 2-parter but it was Bat-Lantern and the other Lanterns battling Despero. Very entertaining!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:33 pm 
serves the Otter

That wasn't a part two, it was just a regular episode.

I was verrrry resistant to the idea of this at first, and even though it doesn't always work, I love how it introduces so many of the characters in the DC Universe. My sons are 4 and 6, and they love this show. In that episode you mentioned (j1h15233), they get in Hal Jordan, G'Nort, Guy Gardner, the idea that Sinestro used to be a GL himself, MOGO for pete's sake, and Despero. Along with tons of alien GLs and a glimpse of Tomar Re's homeworld.

One of my favorite re-imaginings has been Aquaman. I think he's been in two episodes so far, and both times he had me laughing out loud. Heroic but arrogant, and just friggin' funny.

A few others have come across as too weak or even effeminate--Atom (Ray Palmer) was especially wussy. Maybe part of that was to find the "hero within," but it didn't quite work for me.

Yeah, I'm loving this show. Nice tributes to Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age (is that what the Outsiders would be?) and Modern Age comics. Can't wait to see how they work in more of the characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:46 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Is there anywhere to watch these online? I tried the CN site and Hulu but no luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:18 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
Is there anywhere to watch these online? I tried the CN site and Hulu but no luck.

There are a bunch of them on YouTube but all seem to be broken into the "between commercial" segments. I've watched several and have enjoyed them a lot but I'd really love to be able to sit down and watch a show from start to finish without having to puzzle-piece them together... Can't wait for the DVDs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:41 am 
buzz word garbage hater

I've greatly enjoyed this show from what I've seen of it, actually. It's a lot of fun.

Enjoy what they've done with slightly different takes on some of the characters and the 'before the opening' segment is smart, imo. Gives them a chance to show some really fun, obscure characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:19 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Next week we see the multiverse- and it looks like enough characters in one episode to make the toyline last for 5 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:05 pm 
Prototype

I just love what the writers did with Green Arrow and Aquaman on the show. The chemistry between them and Batman is pretty funny. My fave episode so far is the new one they showed last week with the Terrible Trio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:35 pm 

The opening of the most recent show had Batman saving Jonah Hex from a "Wild West" Royal Flush Gang. Ace was the only one with a speaking role but it was a fun reimagining.

I also the opener with Plastic Man and Elongated Man arguing over which one Bats likes more and end up getting stuck in a taffy puller. Classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 pm 
5th Horseman

Love this show so much! Can't get enough. Totally dig every bit of camp and corniness. It's like watching the pages from the comics in the 50's and 60's come to life, with a little bit of modern "oomph". Fantastic! I love it!

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:31 pm 

Platelet, you were a valiant steed!

PLATELET!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm 
5th Horseman

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

PLATELET!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:41 am 
buzz word garbage hater

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

PLATELET!!!!!!!!!

Platelet was AWESOME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:14 am 
serves the Otter

Here's a great interview with producer James Tucker about the series, how it's doing, and where it's going: BTBB the Musical? There are a few spoilers in there, so be careful if you wanna.

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/090226-jame ... -bold.html

If Producer James Tucker sounds satisfied with himself, he has very good reason for it. The ratings are in for his show Batman: the Brave & the Bold, and it’s become a solid lead for Cartoon Network’s Friday night action block. It’s done so well, that CN has picked up the second half of the show’s first season. That means an additional 13 episodes.

How did Tucker take the news? He now will take Batman into places the Caped Crusader has never gone before, at least in the animation world. This not-so-Dark Knight is going to be pitted against Owl Man of DC’s third universe. While there’s no sign of Ultra Man or Superwoman, and Tucker has his reasons for that, it will kick off an incredible two-part mini-series that’s sure to keep Bat-fans on the edge of their seat. This then goes into overdrive next week when, in true BBB tradition, Batman must team up with another famous, or should we say infamous, DC character.

For those who want to know what we’re talking about immediately, read on. If you want to be truly surprised, wait until 8:00 pm Eastern Tim Friday. With that, here’s what Tucker has to say about these two episodes, and a bit more:

NEWSARAMA: A lot of people are going to look at Owl Man and think Watchmen. The thing is, that’s not quite the case, right?

JAMES TUCKER: I hope not. This one is basically from the Crime Syndicate. I based the design on Blue Falcon though. I’m a huge Blue Falcon fan.

NEWSARAMA: I saw you went with episode directors Ben Jones and Michael Chang. Who’s the writer? He’s new to me.

JT: Joe Kuhr. Coincidentally that is his real name. He’s been around for a while. He did a couple of Justice League and Legion episodes. He’s also been on the Batman. I think his star is rising. He’s been paying his dues for a while now. Joe’s good. My fellow producer Michael Jelenic came to me and said ‘I want to use Joe,â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:28 am 

This has become one of my favorite shows on tv currently. I find that the writers/producers ahve such a good concept of how they want to portray each individual character and how they relate to Batman, it makes for some truly great development.

Little things about the latest episode espeically excite me. Watching Owlman "create" the Joker/Red Hood and how he behaves familiarly but at the same time as a Hero would. Asking about his counterparts efforts on Bats' world... great.

Bats trying to go covert as owlman in a lair that was high above ground and full of light. Blue Bowman challenging Bats' authority. Silver Cyclone's hatred of humanity ... all nice twists on the characters origins as well.

The only complaint I have is that tey named Gentleman Ghost's alter ego Shade. Seems like a slight to our Shade who hase become a very interesting character in his own right.

Great reading the interview. I love how much they love what they are doing and how much it shows through. I had so many reservations about this program when I first started hearing aobut it. So glad I was wrong.

Now to see how Batman and the Joker team up to stop Owlman. Should be a fun ride to the end of the season.

My hats/cowl off to you gents. Keep up the good work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next