Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:54 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'm sorry, but there's simply no way they will be able to top Dark Knight. If I were Nolan, I'd leave the franchise since there's no where to go but down.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:05 am 
Aspires to be #1

I disagree. I think my idea with the Riddler story would make for a fantastic movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

j1h15233 wrote:
I disagree. I think my idea with the Riddler story would make for a fantastic movie.

I'd like to see a sequel but agree with shellhead that it's going to be hard to top "The Dark Knight".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:59 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Well - they said the same of Batman Begins. "The sequel is never as good as the original". Look what happend. They can make a fantasic third part if they take their time with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:02 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

See, I know I'm in the minority, bu I didn't really like Batman Begins. The cheesy climax with the train just didn't do it for me.

I don't even own it.

But Dark Knight was a masterpiece. Mainly because of the Joker.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Shellhead wrote:
See, I know I'm in the minority, bu I didn't really like Batman Begins. The cheesy climax with the train just didn't do it for me.

I don't even own it.

I'm in the minority with you. Batman Begins wasn't very good at all, IMO.

Post subject: Re: Batman 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Fresh Batman 3 Rumours

Are the Riddler and Robin going to Arkham?

by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, February 16, 2010 - Some fresh Batman 3 rumours have hit the Net today, with a scooper – apparently from Warner Bros. – giving Comic Book Movies the lowdown on the plot for Christopher Nolan's sequel.

First up, we have to reiterate that – as with so much The Dark Knight sequel gossip we've heard in the last couple of years – this is unverified by the studio and thus should be taken with a pinch of salt.

The source claims that, with screenwriting beginning this month, the plot is already in place. We heard last week that David Goyer and Jonah Nolan might have already actually finished a first draft.

Furthermore, they claim that the villain of the piece is The Riddler and that Arkham Asylum will feature heavily in the story. Apparently several other classic Bat-villains will cameo – including The Penguin and Mr. Freeze (although only in his Dr. Fries incarnation).

According to the source, Barbara Gordon's role will be beefed up and Dick Grayson may also make an appearance, though probably not as Robin.

Finally and potentially most excitingly, Commissioner Gordon could name-check the Superman universe in the film, with Metropolis and Lex Luthor getting a mention. You'll remember that only last week TDK director Christopher Nolan was hired by WB to "godfather" new Superman films.

So there you go; some pretty juicy Bat-gossip, but we stress again that it should be treated as mere conjecture at this stage. Nonetheless, do you guys reckon any of the above ideas should make it into the finished script for Batman 3?

Mike
(Image)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:28 pm 
4" scale

unless they plan on explaining why the joker isn't in arkham asylum, i'd suggest they stay out of it. i still think this should be a riddler vigilante-to-villain story, and let the joker stay in arkham with just a mention. if batman's in hiding, why would he care to leave? also, batman out of the way, riddler tries to take his place, gets out of hand, forces batman out of hiding, end of the movie, riddler goes in arkham, joker breaks out, call it the best comic book trilogy ever made and be done with it. move on to ryan reynolds and owen wilson as gl & ga in a screen version of the O'Niel/Adams series.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:13 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Christopher Nolan on his Superman and Batman Plans

Source: superherohype.com

March 10, 2010

Geoff Boucher of L.A. Times' Hero Complex had a chance to visit Christopher Nolan in the editing suite for his upcoming sci-fi thriller Inception, and of course, he couldn't pass up an opportunity like that without asking about Nolan's plans for his Superman reboot and Batman.

There was a lot of excitement a few months back when Nolan's name was mentioned as the "godfather" of a Superman reboot at Warner Bros., and speaking on the decision for the first time, Nolan told Boucher that his involvement with the Superman franchise came about from them having reached an impasse on what to do with their third Batman film and David Goyer having an idea of what could be done with the Man of Steel:

"He basically told me, 'I have this thought about how you would approach Superman. I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I've never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way.

As mentioned previously, Nolan would act as a producer for another director, which has yet to be determined as they develop the script. From there, Nolan's involvement may be similar to Peter Jackson's on District 9 as he moves onto the third Batman film. He didn't have a lot more to say about the Superman reboot except that he did have an appreciation for what Singer tried to do in connecting his film to those of Richard Donner:

"A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that's what I know how to do."

It's suggested that like his two Batman movies, the Superman story will take place in a world where Superman is the only superhero, so one probably can't expect this Superman to meet Christian Bale's Batman or either character to be involved with a future Justice League movie.

"Each serves to the internal logic of the story. They have nothing to do with each other," Nolan told them.

Eventually, the Nolans and Goyer got over the earlier impasse with a second Batman sequel, and things are certainly moving forward on that third movie. Nolan wouldn't confirm any of the dozens of internet rumors about who might play the villain but he did say:

"Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story, and in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story. We have a great ensemble, that's one of the attractions of doing another film, since we've been having a great time for years."

You can read the entire story over at the Hero Complex.

Mike
(Image Image)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

DC: The New Harry Potter

Warner Bros. boss says superhero movies will replace the boy wizard. In 3D.

by Scott Collura

March 19, 2010 - Warner Bros.' very lucrative Harry Potter franchise will soon be coming to an end, with the last installment hitting in July of 2011, but Warner Bros. boss Alan Horn already has a replacement in mind for the boy wizard: superheroes.

Slashfilm hit the industry event ShoWest this week, where several such interesting tidbits regarding the studio slipped out.

"As we ease out of Harry Potter, we hope to bring you the excitement of the DC [Comics] library!" Horn reportedly said.

The exec didn't back the statement up with any specifics, but it does make sense in a way -- there are many un-mined possibilities in the world of DC. Something that may not make as much sense, though, is Horn's announcement at the same event that Warner Bros. will release all of its "tentpole" movies in 3D moving forward. That includes five films in 2010 and nine in 2011. Horn apparently was very specific that this will include all of the DC films, including Superman and Batman 3.

And lastly, in the non-superhero world, it looks like Warner Bros. is making a fifth Final Destination picture because, according to Horn, "we can't resist."

Mike
(Image Image)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 am 
proverbial old fart

SDcomics wrote:
From IGN:

DC: The New Harry Potter

Warner Bros. boss says superhero movies will replace the boy wizard. In 3D.

by Scott Collura

March 19, 2010 - Warner Bros.' very lucrative Harry Potter franchise will soon be coming to an end, with the last installment hitting in July of 2011, but Warner Bros. boss Alan Horn already has a replacement in mind for the boy wizard: superheroes.

Slashfilm hit the industry event ShoWest this week, where several such interesting tidbits regarding the studio slipped out.

"As we ease out of Harry Potter, we hope to bring you the excitement of the DC [Comics] library!" Horn reportedly said.

The exec didn't back the statement up with any specifics, but it does make sense in a way -- there are many un-mined possibilities in the world of DC. Something that may not make as much sense, though, is Horn's announcement at the same event that Warner Bros. will release all of its "tentpole" movies in 3D moving forward. That includes five films in 2010 and nine in 2011. Horn apparently was very specific that this will include all of the DC films, including Superman and Batman 3.

And lastly, in the non-superhero world, it looks like Warner Bros. is making a fifth Final Destination picture because, according to Horn, "we can't resist."

Mike
(Image Image)

They better do a much better job than the last Superman flop... Maybe have some of the comic folks work on a scrip. Anything...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:53 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Frequency wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

I don't even own it.

I'm in the minority with you. Batman Begins wasn't very good at all, IMO.

Im in the minority of the minority as I didn't like Batman Begins- as I felt the characterization was off- and I though Dark knight was an average movie- that got over hyped due to a dead actor- that I couldnt stand due to that stupid lip licking thing that made me wonder if he was pretending to be Grimer Wormtounge- and had so many plot holes- sometimes it made Transformers 2 look like it had actual continuity.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 am 
Brand Manager

Im in the minority of the minority as I didn't like Batman Begins- as I felt the characterization was off- and I though Dark knight was an average movie- that got over hyped due to a dead actor- that I couldnt stand due to that stupid lip licking thing that made me wonder if he was pretending to be Grimer Wormtounge- and had so many plot holes- sometimes it made Transformers 2 look like it had actual continuity.[/quote]

The more I watch it themore I feel what you are saying. I think the whole two-face thing was forced. I think the whole Batman knows that the pople on the boat will not pull the trigger was lame. I mean some random thug saves the day ?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:09 am 
3 3/4"

PBateman wrote:
The more I watch it themore I feel what you are saying. I think the whole two-face thing was forced. I think the whole Batman knows that the pople on the boat will not pull the trigger was lame. I mean some random thug saves the day ?

I think to say that the "whole Two-Face thing was forced" is to fail to grasp the thematic thrust of the movie. If there was no Two-Face--no white knight to be corrupted--the movie wouldn't have been as strong. Harvey was Bruce's hope for a normal life. A legitimate man to inspire hope in people and do things the right way. For Harvey to then be corrupted in the Joker's scheme is a bigger blow to Batman than any punch or blow, outside of Rachel's death.

The movie wouldn't work without Harvey. But to each their own. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Does Catwoman Wear Prada?

Rumor mill suggests a Marvel movie contender may be Batman 3 villain.

by Jim Vejvoda

April 6, 2010 - Has Christopher Nolan found his purrrrrrrfect Catwoman?

Batman-on-Film stresses that even their industry source is calling this a rumor, but the scuttlebutt is that English actress Emily Blunt passed on playing the female lead in Captain America in order to play Selina Kyle in Batman 3.

BoF emphasizes again and again in their report that it's just a rumor, and that they can't even confirm that the felonious feline will be in the threequel. That said, Blunt was previously considered to replace Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight, but that part ultimately went to Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Blunt, 27, was also supposed to play Black Widow in Iron Man 2, but had to drop out due to a scheduling conflict and was replaced by Scarlett Johansson. Might Catwoman finally be her chance to play a sexy comic book anti-heroine in a tight black costume? We shall see if this rumor pans out.

The Golden Globe-winning actress' credits include The Wolfman, The Devil Wears Prada, The Young Victoria, Dan in Real Life, Charlie Wilson's War, and Wind Chill. Her upcoming films include The Adjustment Bureau and Gulliver's Travels.

Mike
(Image Image)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next