Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

PBateman wrote:

The more I watch it themore I feel what you are saying. I think the whole two-face thing was forced. I think the whole Batman knows that the pople on the boat will not pull the trigger was lame. I mean some random thug saves the day ?

If I were in that situation-- the only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger would be the fact that I couldnt trust the joker to not rig that device to the boat I was on. otherwise-- bye bye convicts...

Post subject: Re: Batman 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

remind me not to ever leave you responsible for my son's well being ...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:38 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

No 3D for Next Batman Movie?

Source: superherohype.com

April 21, 2010

Cinematical got a chance to speak to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight director of photography Wally Pfister, who said that there's a good chance the next Batman film won't be released in 3D. A full IMAX release is possible, however.

"What Chris and I have talked about is doing something cool and something interesting," Pfister said. "[Director] Brad Bird was [saying] 'you've got to shoot the whole thing in IMAX!' I was like, yeah, I've talked to Chris about that."

The technology required to do that would be cumbersome. "I did it for one shot of 'The Dark Knight' because he said, you have to say you did it, and literally I had this strapped to my shoulder and I was carrying it. But I think Chris is game for doing something interesting like that, Lord knows that the 3-D fad might pass by the time that summer comes around."

Pfister does know one thing for sure. "He doesn't want to shoot on video, and I'm the same way."

Mike
(Image)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Next Batman Movie Coming July 20, 2012!

Source: superherohype.com

April 30, 2010

Warner Bros. Pictures has set a July 20, 2012 release date for Christopher Nolan's third Batman movie in conventional and IMAX theaters! That is a little over two weeks after Sony Pictures is releasing their Spider-Man reboot on July 3, 2012.

Nolan's second Batman movie, The Dark Knight, opened July 18, 2008 and earned more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

Stay tuned as we'll have lots of news on the Batman and Spidey movies over the next two years!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Christopher Nolan on Batman and Superman

by SuperHeroHype

Jun 4th, 2010

The new movies targeted for 2012

Empire magazine talked to Christopher Nolan, whose new film Inception opens July 16, and got some great quotes from the helmer on the next Batman movie, coming July 20, 2012, and next Superman movie, targeted for a holiday 2012 release.

It was recently revealed that he would take on a mentor (or "godfather") role for the Superman movie, but he's not that comfortable with that title. "It's much more specific than that," he explained, "What it is, while David Goyer and myself were putting together the story for another Batman film a few years ago - you know, thrashing out where we might move on from 'The Dark Knight' - we got stuck. We were just sitting there idly chatting and he said, ' By the way, I think I know how you approach Superman,' and he told me his take on it. I thought it was really tremendous. It was the first time I had been able to conceive of how you would address Superman in a modern context. I thought it was a very exciting idea."

Nolan said he took that idea and pitched it to Warner Bros., and the studio got excited, too. "But it's not something for me to direct," he added. "It's something we were just trying to put together a vision for, and then find the right person to take it forward."

What's important to Nolan is finding the core of what makes the character so indelible; he favors the back-to-basics approach. "What you have to remember with both Batman and Superman," he told the magazine, "is that what makes those the best superhero characters there are, the most beloved after all this time, is the essence of who those characters were when they were created and when they were first developed. And you can't ever move too far from that."

He still hasn't officially signed on to direct new Batman movie. "No I haven't. There is a point where you're just being precious about it and people get annoyed, but the God's honest truth is I work on one movie at a time. I'm only capable of doing that, so my head will continue to be firmly in ['Inception'] for another few months."

There are some things, though, that Nolan can confirm. "My brother is working on the screenplay. We came up with a story that we are very excited about. We particularly like where we are taking the characters and what the ending is... There are things for me to be very excited about in addressing the characters again. But ultimately it always comes down to the script, and can we make a great film from this? That's something I will firmly be turning my attention to figuring out fairly soon." It will be, he said, "the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story."

Empire asked whether the villain could be a returning (and recast) Joker. "No," said Nolan resisting to elaborate, "I just don't feel comfortable about it."

Nolan reiterated that you won't be seeing a Batman/Superman crossover in his movies. "Marvel are doing what they do and people will respond to that really well, or they won't," said Nolan. "It's not something I ever really applied a blanket rule to, but Marvel characters are very different to DC characters, and the key DC characters are very different to the minor DC characters. You've got to go back to that element of, 'What do I see when I close my eyes and think of Batman? What do I see when I close my eyes and think of Superman?' And for me a big part of that is their individuality. They are extraordinary beings in an ordinary world. And the reason I think the two are fascinating is because Superman is very specifically superpowered and obviously otherworldly; Batman is very human and flawed. They're two very different characters, but there's an elemental feeling of power in the iconography of those characters. To me that's originally because they stood alone. I need to hang on to that in my imagining of them."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm 
buzz word garbage hater

I'm now very excited for the second 6 months of 2012.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:17 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Me too. I just hope that who ever does the costuming on the Superman movie gets it right this time. I want to see a blue suit with a red cape and boots this time. Not something thats blueish green and rusty brown!! :x

(That said, I did get to see one of the Returns suits in a dispaly in Toys R Us in Times Square, and the colors weren't too bad in real life, the red was a dark maroon but it was still clearly a red. It's just that Singer decided to put a bloody horrible filter on the film that adjusted all the colors wrong. Thats why what ever you watch it on, even Blueray or Hi Def, everything that should be blue looks green and everything that is red or yellow gets turned to orange or brown.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:15 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

According to an article on imdb.com there's no Penguin or Mr. Freeze for the third Batman movie either. Nolan confirmed it in his last interview. I'm releaved about Mr. Freeze but kinda dissapointed about Penguin. I think Nolan could of made him an interesting character and he could work well in his Batman world. Oh, well. I am SO excited for July 2012 though!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:58 am 
3 3/4"

elvis8batman wrote:
Thats why what ever you watch it on, even Blueray or Hi Def, everything that should be blue looks green and everything that is red or yellow gets turned to orange or brown.[/i])

I think you need to calibrate your set. It's not that bad. The blue is still blue and the red is a dark maroon. Oppo Digital has a great calibration disc to make sure your Blu-ray player and TV are displaying the correct colors.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:39 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

UncleMarsellus wrote:
elvis8batman wrote:
Thats why what ever you watch it on, even Blueray or Hi Def, everything that should be blue looks green and everything that is red or yellow gets turned to orange or brown.[/i])

I think you need to calibrate your set. It's not that bad. The blue is still blue and the red is a dark maroon. Oppo Digital has a great calibration disc to make sure your Blu-ray player and TV are displaying the correct colors.

Nope, it does appear better on some tv's than others, but it always has a bad hue to it. I downloaded a clip that someone did where they colour corrected some footage and the difference is amazing. I don't know how to load video clips or I'd put it on here to show you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Riddle Me This

When is an Inception co-star like a Batman 3 villain?

June 9, 2010

by Jim Vejvoda

When is an actor like a Batman 3 villain? When he's also in Christopher Nolan's new movie, Inception.

Movieline points out a report at their sister site, Hollywood Life, that claims Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Nolan's "first pick" to play the Riddler in Batman 3.

"Chris really dug Joseph [as an actor]," the site's purported insider claims. "There was a joke at first between them [on the set of Inception] that Joseph wanted to read for Batman 3 and things heated up as filming continued."

The site's source continued, "It's not 100% confirmed that he's getting [the role of The Riddler] but there's certainly talk about it. Joseph is definitely on the short list."

The rumor mill first churned out Joseph Gordon-Levitt's name in relation to Batman 3 as a possible replacement for the late Heath Ledger's Joker, but Nolan recently dismissed the idea of recasting the role and said the Joker will not return in any sequels.

If he is indeed cast as the Riddler -- that is if the Riddler is even the villain in Batman 3 -- then it wouldn't be Gordon-Levitt's first turn as a comic book villain. He played Cobra Commander in last summer's G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:15 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

The Dark Knight's Start Date

Christopher Nolan reportedly locks in Batman 3 shoot.

June 10, 2010

by Scott Collura

Could it be that Christopher Nolan has finally locked in a start date for his much-anticipated follow-up to The Dark Knight?

According to The L.A. Times' Hero Complex, yes, he has. The blog offhandedly mentioned today that the film starts shooting in March.

Now, before you dismiss this as another Internet rumor, keep in mind that Hero Complex will be hosting a film festival this weekend in Lost Angeles, and Nolan will be in attendance to screen his film Insomnia as well as The Dark Knight (while also, certainly, promoting his upcoming Inception). And it was also Hero Complex that nabbed that interview with the filmmaker this past spring where he confirmed that he would be "godfathering" the Superman reboot.

The point is Hero Complex has an in with Nolan. So if they say March, they're probably on to something. Expect some more tidbits of news regarding both DC franchises to emerge from the festival this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Williams Interested in Riddler, Donner Wants Wonder Woman

by SuperHeroHype

Jun 25th, 2010

Both talk about their desire to be involved in the projects

Robin Williams told Empire magazine (via MusicRooms.net) that he would be interested in playing a role in Christopher Nolan's next Batman film, scheduled for a July 20, 2012 release.

Williams, who starred in Nolan's 2002 release Insomnia, said: "I would do Batman in a second, playing anyone, I'd play The Riddler in the next one, although it would be hard to top Heath as the villain and I'm a little hairy for tights... The Batman films have screwed me twice before: years ago they offered my The Joker and then gave it to Jack Nicholson, then they offered me The Riddler and gave it to Jim Carrey. I'd be like, 'OK, is this a real offer? If it is, then the answer's yes. Don't pump me again motherf**kers.'"

Regarding another DC Entertainment property, "X-Men" films producer Lauren Shuler Donner tells SCI FI Wire she really wants to take on a Wonder Woman movie.

"I'm campaigning to produce Wonder Woman for DC and Warners. They don't want it, but I just think she's the greatest character. She's right up there, as you know, with Superman and Batman, the three of them. I want to produce Wonder Woman," she said.

We're not sure who she means when she says "they don't want it," but Shuler Donner added she would know how to adapt the character. "Look, she's a goddess and a superhero. How great is that? I think you need to stay close to the myth, but the studio I know wants to make it accessible, i.e., somewhat contemporary. I think there is a way to do it."

The producer said that she would want to cast a young up-and-comer. "I think so, because I'd like it to grow. I think there's a lot of Wonder Woman stories that would be great to tell. I see a couple of them."

What do you think of Robin Williams as The Riddler and Lauren Shuler Donner taking on Wonder Woman?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm 
4" scale

robin williams as the riddler would've made batman forever possibly bearable. i really can't see someone his age playing a batman villain in chris nolan's batverse, although he did do a pretty awesome job of being a super creepy villian in that movie that he did with nolan right after momento. i can't remember the name, but i just can't see robin williams as the riddler in any way that anyone's ever thought of him before. ledger's joker was a pretty fresh take on joker, but at least had some sort of similarity to the original concept of the character. i COULD see robin williams as the mad hatter, but then, who gives a shingbling about the mad hatter? haha, maybe johnny depp should play the riddler. oh wait, that was already a rumor wasn't it? i still like the idea of phillip seymore hoffman as the penguin. and dustin hoffman as his father. no matter what, i trust nolan not to screw the pooch with 3, and if he has an idea in his head that robin williams should play the riddler, then it's probably gonna be something interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:40 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Sorry, but I don't think Robin Williams would work as Riddler at all in Nolan's world. In Burton's movies maybe, in Batman Forever? maybe but not in Nolan's universe. He's way too old now anyway. I think both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Johnny Depp would be great choices but I picture someone less famous than Depp to get the part.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 46  Next