Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

SDcomics wrote:
Comic-Con: Teaser for The Batmobile Documentary

by SuperHeroHype

July 11, 2012

Warner Bros. has revealed a teaser trailer for The Batmobile, the documentary that will be previewed at the San Diego Comic-Con from 7-8 in Room 6DE on Thursday.

The broadcast network premiere will air on Monday, July 16, 8:00-8:30pm ET on The CW. An encore of the special will air from 8:30-9:00pm ET.

From its inception in the late 1930s, the Batmobile has been a symbol of power, hope and justice, as well as the pinnacle of technology as the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman's arsenal. In its contemporary and most robust form as the Tumbler, the Batmobile is a combination of unbridled creativity, advanced technology and the pursuit of "justice on wheels."

The special uses archival footage, images and illustrations of the Batmobile to document its birth and evolution to the present day. Interviews with filmmakers, key designers, builders, stunt drivers, actors and fans of the Batmobile lead the viewer on an exploration of the true impact of this cultural icon. Personal stories will interweave with historical context to tell the definitive story of the world's most recognized automobile. Interviews include actors Christian Bale and Adam West, and directors Christopher Nolan, Joel Schumacher and Tim Burton.

Will this be a special feature on the TDKR DVD? Watching that clip and seeing them all drive alongmade me think, they should make a real life version of the animated series Batmobile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: All New Mondo Poster for The Dark Knight Rises

by SuperHeroHype

July 14, 2012

Mondo, the collectible art boutique arm of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, has announced their second Batman print for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.

For the first time in Mondo's history, a print will be available to anyone and everyone who wants to purchase it. For 24 hours only, beginning at 12:01am CT on Wednesday, July 18, the regular edition of Olly Moss' The Dark Knight Rises will be available for a full 24 hours at MondoTees.com. The final edition number will be set by the total number of people that purchase the print. Follow @MondoNews for more details.

Additionally, a random purchaser of the timed-edition will receive a special "Golden Ticket". In exchange for this ticket, the lucky winner will receive a commissioned print with the subject of their choice directly from Olly Moss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Dark Knight Rises Review and Critics TV Spots

by SuperHeroHype

July 15, 2012

Warner Bros. Pictures has lifted the review embargo for The Dark Knight Rises and you can now read Edward Douglas' thoughts about Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman movie by clicking here.

The studio has also released two critics TV spots for the anticipated July 20 release which you can watch using the players below.

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Morgan Freeman star in the film, coming to both theaters and IMAX.

To view all the photos, trailers, TV spots and clips we've received so far, click here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Countdown Spot for The Dark Knight Rises

by SuperHeroHype

July 16, 2012

Following our review and two critics spots, Warner Bros. Pictures has released another "Countdown" spot for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, opening this Friday in theaters and IMAX.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:13 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mike
(2 Days Until The Dark Knight Rises!)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

85% at RT, with about 100 reviews in. I don't think this'll rate higher than Avengers.

That makes me happy. :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:37 pm 
Cold-cast

Good. Deserves worse though. This movie has ticked me off since they announced the asthmatic son of Reptile would be "Bane". :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:26 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

i really want to ant about how I didn't like it! :lol: It was like one of those awful Marvel The End comic stories

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Batman: The Animated Series Promo Made to Look Like Dark Knight Rises Trailer

by SuperHeroHype

July 17, 2012

The HUB is airing no less than 10 episodes of Batman: The Animated Series this Friday, July 20th at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT. To promote the event, they have created a video that is just like the trailer for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises but with clips from the show and the show's voice talent. You can check it out below!

Opening in theaters and IMAX on Friday, Nolan's third and final Batman movie stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Morgan Freeman.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hot Toys Bane Figure Revealed

by SuperHeroHype

July 18, 2012

Hot Toys is going all out for The Dark Knight fans. They've already shown off their Batman figure, a S.W.A.T. team Jim Gordon, and a brand new Joker. Now we've got a taste of their upcoming Bane figure from The Dark Knight Rises. They also showed off the camouflage paint version of the Tumbler which goes along really well with every other vehicle they've created (picture of the Bat-family vehicles below).

We picked some of the best pics to show you below but you can head over to their Facebook page and see some more.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Check Out a Dozen New Photos From The Dark Knight Rises

by SuperHeroHype

July 18, 2012

Warner Bros. Pictures today provided us with 12 new photos from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, opening this Friday in regular and IMAX theaters.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:47 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I think that this will be a great film, but I believe many have set the bar so high because TDK was so good. But I personally am going to go in, and just enjoy the movie as I have with all I have seen this summer. I myself liked Avengers but enjoyed Spider-Man much more, I couldn't care less about box office numbers. Sure, it is interesting to see how much one movie can make (1 billion bucks in what 3 weeks for Avengers?... crazy 1 billion that is just unbelievable, just like what TDK did back in 08 and how big Avatar was in 09) I find it amazing how much money is made from these films. But again I mainly just want to go see and enjoy the movie for what it is. Comparing it to Avengers or Spider-Man is to me... meh, they are all welcome in my book. Long live the Superhero Movies!!! Marvel and DC!!! (except MOS, ;) )

D.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mike
(1 Day Until The Dark Knight Rises!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Dusty wrote:
I think that this will be a great film, but I believe many have set the bar so high because TDK was so good. Comparing it to Avengers or Spider-Man is to me... meh, they are all welcome in my book. Long live the Superhero Movies!!! Marvel and DC!!! (except MOS, ;) )

D.

Can't disagree with those thoughts. I'm in favorite of continued GOOD/GREAT superhero movies, regardless of which universe they're from (heck, I enjoyed both Hellbody movies).

However, I'm a Marvel Zombie at heart, so while I want the DC movies to do well, I want the Marvel movies to do better! :twisted:

Marvel has been getting its butt kick on the animation side of things for the past 15 years, so I'm glad to see them beating DC in the cineplex.

BTW it's stabilized. DKR's is at 86% with 150 reviews in. I doubt it'll get back to 90%.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 pm 
Cold-cast

I too just want good comic movies. I don't care what company does what. But I HATE directors "tinkering" with characters to "improve" them or make them "relevant". That's how we got Penguin being an animal hanging out in his longjohns or "Catwoman" the movie, etc. When I see Nolanbane I see this.

And that makes me sad because he could have been done right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 46  Next