Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Batman 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I hope theyll put catwoman somewhere in the new batman movies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:24 pm 
Collector Inspector

i've recently been catching up on my last-15-years bat history, and i gotta say, i'm kind of interested in seeing Hush make it into a movie. if they can put Bane in Batman & Robin, surely they can do something cool with Hush, and he doesn't have any super powers or anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:35 am 
serves the Otter

I'd hate to see Robin Williams anywhere near this movie, although I have enough confidence in Nolan to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:31 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

i cant stand robin williams in general

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:58 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Robin Williams would suck as the Riddler and Depp would be even worse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:06 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Is the Batman 3 Script Done?

UPDATED: The latest word from Nolan and location buzz.

July 1, 2010

by Scott Collura

Christopher Nolan's Inception is just around the corner, which means the director is doing the press rounds -- which, in turn, means that he's going to have to answer the inevitable questions that will come up about Batman 3 and his Superman reboot. And in fact, the questions have already begun...

The New York Times got the chance to talk to Nolan recently because, well, they're The New York Times. And even they want to know what's up with his Dark Knight follow-up.

When asked about Batman 3, Nolan says he isn't giving it all that much thought at the moment, despite the film's announced 2012 release date.

"I wouldn't let [Warner Bros.] put out an impractical date," he says. "Put it that way. They know me well enough to know what my process is. I do one film at a time. It's one of my real inefficiencies. As I start to free up on [Inception], I'll be thinking about what to do next. I'm also very fortunate I have a brother [Jonathan Nolan] I work with. He's an incredible asset and has been for many years."

Does that mean Jonathan has finished the bat-screenplay, The Times then asks? This is where Nolan seems fuzzy on the details.

"Oh, yeah," responds Nolan. "He's been working on a script for a long time. And working very hard. So he tells me."

So is that a yes? Or a no? Apparently Nolan is keeping that info locked away in the bat-computer for now.

UPDATED: In related news, Batman-on-Film claims to have been told by a reliable source that Batman 3 will film entirely in England, which contradicts earlier reports that there was already location scouting underway in Chicago. Perhaps, like Batman Begins, most of the threequel will lens in the U.K. with a smaller degree of Chicago shooting than there was in The Dark Knight.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:43 am 
Tis' but a pup

I have a strange feeling Nolan wont use Deep. Right now the actor is just so over exposed in a bunch of mediocre films, that his stage presents would only hinder things.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:28 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

SUPREMEQUEEN wrote:
I have a strange feeling Nolan wont use Deep. Right now the actor is just so over exposed in a bunch of mediocre films, that his stage presents would only hinder things.

I couldn't agree more. No way Nolan would use Depp in this, in ANY role.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:40 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Next Batman Movie Starts Filming in April

by SuperHeroHype

Jul 9th, 2010

Sir Michael Caine reveals the start of filming

Sir Michael Caine, who plays Alfred in Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, told Digital Spy at the premiere for Inception last night at London's Leicester Square that the third film will get underway in April for a July 20, 2012 release. You can watch the interview clip below.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:14 pm 
Tis' but a pup

He might not be Arnold but.... he'll be back

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:23 pm 

When do you guys think we'll get official news of who the villiain(s) are in the third movie and who will be playing him/her/them or whatever? How long before the Dark Knight started shooting was Heath Ledger announced to be The Joker? Anybody remember?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Batman 3 An All IMAX Experience?

Director of photography Wally Pfister loves IMAX. 3-D? Not so much.

July 20, 2010

by Matt Smith

Those who've seen The Dark Knight on Blu-ray surely have noticed the somewhat distracting change in aspect ratio between the scenes that were shot in IMAX and those filmed on traditional stock. If cinematographer Wally Pfister gets his way however, Batman 3 will be an all-IMAX adventure.

Pfister is Christopher Nolan's go to guy, working as director of photography on every one of Nolan's studio films, from Memento to Inception. As a third Batman comes closer and closer to being a reality, Pfister is hoping that he will be able to shoot it entirely in IMAX, and furthermore, not in 3D.

Speaking to MTV News, Pfister stated, "I can't say until I read the script, but it would certainly be my preferred, amazing goal to shoot the whole movie in IMAX... Chris' films are so densely layered and have so much going on visually in every way that IMAX helps enhance that because of the scope and the scale of it- it becomes a much larger canvas to paint on. That's what we found on Dark Knight."

For movie goers who don't consider 3D an awe-inspiring experience, Pfister had some encouraging words. "I'm not a big fan of 3D. I liken it to my View-Master I had 40 years ago. Are you really getting more out of the story with 3D? When you separate those different planes and you're creating artificial depth, it looks phony to me."

Pfister certainly has his work cut out for him as he makes preparations to top the visuals in The Dark Knight and Inception, but just thinking about what the team will come up with makes waiting for the July 2012 release date seem like an eternity. With Thor and Captain America going the way of 3D, it seems that Nolan and Pfister would be making a huge statement against the format if they opt for their Batman saga to remain two-dimensional. Whether Warner Bros. agrees with their sentiment remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 pm 

Any thoughts on when the villains and actors for third Batman will be announced?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:15 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Great minds really do think alike! I effing hate the 3D format & frankly it reeks of gimmick. Marvel movies have been so poor & out of control these past few years that they are desperate to latch on to any & all gimmicks that they think will give them an edge over DC.

Little good it will do them tho. Either your movie has what it takes or not.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:49 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I can't wait for this movie, though I hate the idea of it being the last one, but I'll get over that, anyway I was thinking about the villains they could use for this movie, and thought of these:

1.Talia Al'ghul could play as the main villain, trying to heal her father or just take revenge but then become infatuated with Bats, then have another villain step in like Black Mask or something.
2. A side villain I think Could maybe work is Bane, but i am 99.99% certain they won't use him because of what Schumacher did to him.
3. Catwoman, as long as she never does her pur or meow thing (that was always annoying and stupid, even if it's what her character has always done.)
4. for a supporting character I think Vicky Vale should replace Rachael Dawes, (even though I don't think Rachael is really dead, cause all joker had to do is make Harvey believe she was dead to make him go over the edge, but thats just my silly opinion, ;)
5. for another villain, Riddler could definitely work, but IMO he does not have what it takes to be a main villain, like scarecrow from "Batman Begins"
didn't.
6. Another side villain: Deadshot, (he'd be awesome.)

what do you guys think?

D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 46  Next