Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hasbro CEO Updates on G.I. Joe 2

by SuperHeroHype

Feb 22nd, 2011

The script completed, the search for a director continues

The script for (official title still pending) G.I. Joe 2 has been completed and the search for a director is still underway, Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner told MTV News today. Though unconfirmed, the list of potential candidates is said to include F. Gary Gray (The Italian Job) and Jon Chu (Step Up 3D, Never Say Never).

Warning: Spoilers for the original film follow

"Obviously, we know coming out of the first film that the president is an impostor," Goldner said of the sequel's plot, "You might begin with the knowledge of having your president as an impostor. What would that mean? From that, you can tell a very big story without only having to rely on the chronology of the first film."

The sequel's script is set to arrive from Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. The first film's director, Stephen Sommers, was last month, said to be out of the running for directing the sequel, though Goldner would not confirm. Sommers is currently attached to the Dean Koontz novelization, Odd Thomas.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jon Chu to Direct G.I. Joe 2

by SuperHeroHype

Feb 26th, 2011

Major roles to be recast?

Paramount Pictures is in negotiations with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never helmer Jon Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, reports Heat Vision.

The site adds that the studio may have to recast major roles, as some actors won't be available. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Sienna Millar may not return, with the latter's Baroness possibly to be played by another actress.

The first film, directed by Stephen Sommers, earned $302.5 million worldwide and carried production costs of about $175 million.

Chu's other directing credits include Step Up 2 the Streets, Step Up 3D and the series "The LXD: The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:46 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Who is Returning for the G.I. Joe Sequel?

by SuperHeroHype

Mar 4th, 2011

Rachel Nichols tweets the characters

Rachel Nichols, who played Scarlett in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, revealed on her Twitter account (via /Film) last night that only three characters from the first film will return in the Jon Chu-directed sequel:

GI JOE 2 News Flash: The only characters to return in the JON CHU directed sequel will be SNAKE EYES, STORM SHADOW, and DUKE...

Snake Eyes was played by Ray Park, Byung-hun Lee was Storm Shadow, and Channing Tatum was Duke in the Stephen Sommers film. The original, made for about $175 million, earned $302.5 million worldwide in 2009.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:30 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

G.I. Joe 2 a Go on August 10, 2012

by SuperHeroHype

Mar 5th, 2011

One week after Bourne Legacy and Total Recall

Just days after Justin Bieber: Never Say Never director Jon Chu was announced to helm the action sequel G.I. Joe 2 with a couple of characters having already been bumped from the roster, Paramount Pictures has decided upon a date for the movie, and they're going with August 10, 2012, which is exactly three years and three days to the date after the Stephen Sommers movie G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra opened.

So far, no other movies are scheduled for that date (it's early) but this will have the movie being released a week after The Bourne Legacy and the remake of Total Recall. With that being just 17 months away, expect there to be casting announcements very soon as they gear up for the highly-anticipated sequel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:34 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

What a mess. I enjoyed the first movie for what it was, but cutting Scarlett and the rest is odd. :?

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

The Rock Joins G.I. Joe 2

Dwayne Johnson reportedly cast in sequel.

June 6, 2011

G.I. Joe 2 just might rock now that word has it Dwayne Johnson is going to be in the sequel.

Variety and Deadline both report that Johnson is poised to join the Jon Chu-directed followup to 2009's G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra.

Deadline says Johnson will play Roadblock, and that Channing Tatum is expected to return as Duke.

Heavy machine gunner Marvin F. Hinton, codenamed Roadblock, was a Joe best known for wielding his light green Browning .50 caliber machine gun and for being a gourmet chef.

Roadblock wasn't in the last film, but the character of Heavy Duty essentially filled that role.

This marks the third franchise Johnson has joined following the success of Fast Five and The Mummy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

The fanboys erupted in nerdrage over at hisstank.com when this news was reported. I don't see a problem with it personally. I like the Rock. He's a decent enough actor. Besides, they need some star power to breath life into this movie.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Elodie Yung Up For G.I. Joe 2?

by SuperHeroHype

Jun 10th, 2011

Casting continues on Paramount Pictures' untitled G.I. Joe sequel. Following a report earlier this week that Dwayne Johnson is likely to join the cast comes, via The Hollywood Reporter, word that Elodie Yung is likely as well.

Yung, a French actress best known for her role in District 13: Ultimatum, would play Jinx, a ninja that joins the Joes. The actress will also soon appear in David Fincher's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

The entire cast of the original 2009 G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra is not slated to return, but Channing Tatum is expected to return as Duke, as is Ray Park in the role of Snake Eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

DJ Cotrona And RZA Likely For G.I. Joe 2

By SuperHeroHype

Jun 28th, 2011

RZA and DJ Cotrona are likely for Paramount Pictures' upcoming Untitled G.I. Joe Sequel, according to a story at The Hollywood Reporter.

The film, to be directed by John Chu (Step Up 3D, Never Say Never), will continue the toy-inspired world depicted in 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra with a primarily new cast (except for the returning Channing Tatum as Duke and Ray Park as Snake Eyes). Newcomers include Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock and Elodie Yung as Jinx.

RZA, who next directs, writes and appears in The Man With The Iron Fists is expected to play a character called the Blind Master, who trained both Snake Eyes and Jinx. Though referenced in the animated "G.I. Joe" continuity, the character was never depicted in any form.

Cotrona, who previously appeared alongside Tatum in Dear John, will take on the role of Flint.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Lorenzo di Bonaventura on G.I. Joe 2

By SuperHeroHype

Jun 30th, 2011

MTV has posted an interview with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura in which he talks more about G.I. Joe 2.

He told the site that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's character Roadblock is a "full-on lead role... In a way, he and Snake Eyes, their stories are really dynamic and very important."

Di Bonaventura added that "The ninja fans are going to love it. There's a tremendous amount of it. What's interesting is, we both have that going on in the Snake Eyes story, but we've found a way to bring that element into the Joes' story. I think anybody who's a fan of dark, in the middle of the night [action with] a dangerous foe arriving, this is a movie for you."

You can watch the interview here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Adrianne Palicki Enlists for G.I. Joe 2

By SuperHeroHype

Jul 1st, 2011

Adrianne Palicki is the latest name to board Paramount Pictures' upcoming Untitled G.I. Joe Sequel, says a story at Deadline. She will play a key part of Joe team, Lady Jaye.

The film, to be directed by John Chu (Step Up 3D, Never Say Never), will continue the toy-inspired world depicted in 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra with a primarily new cast (except for the returning Channing Tatum as Duke, Ray Park as Snake Eyes and, likely, Byung Hun-lee as Stormshadow). Newcomers include Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock, Elodie Yung as Jinx, DJ Cotrona as Flint and RZA as The Blind Master.

Paliciki is best known for her role on "Friday Night Lights" and for her casting in the recent "Wonder Woman" pilot that was, ultimately, not picked up. Her character is an integral part of the Joes and a master of espionage.

Deadline's story meanwhile suggests that one key part remaining to be cast is that of Joe Colton, the original G.I. Joe. A number of actors are said to be in the running and Bruce Willis is listed among them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:15 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ray Stevenson Enlists For G.I. Joe 2

By SuperHeroHype

Jul 9th, 2011

Ray Stevenson is the latest name to board Paramount Pictures' upcoming Untitled G.I. Joe Sequel, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter. He will play the film's central villian, a COBRA operative nicknamed Firefly.

The film, to be directed by John Chu (Step Up 3D, Never Say Never), will continue the toy-inspired world depicted in 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra with a primarily new cast (except for the returning Channing Tatum as Duke, Ray Park as Snake Eyes and, likely, Byung Hun-lee as Stormshadow). Newcomers include Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock, Elodie Yung as Jinx, DJ Cotrona as Flint, Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye and RZA as The Blind Master.

Stevenson most recently appeared as Volstagg in Thor and previously visited the Marvel Universe with Punisher: War Zone. Coming up, he'll play Porthos in Paul W.S. Anderson's The Three Musketeers.

GI Joe 2 is headed into production very soon with an eye towards a summer 2012 release.

Post subject: G.I. Joe: Retaliation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:31 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

The trailer is finally here, and it's pure awesomeness.

http://youtu.be/bSX2oxLdcWA

I tried to embed the video but it won't let me. The official trailer is on Youtube. The trailer alone is infinitely better than the entire first movie. Discuss.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:33 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The Rock as Roadblock (or is he Heavy Duty, sorry) is cool I guess, and the Ninja fight rappelling down the side of the mountain will be AWESOME...

But Bruce Willis????

I'll catch it on DVD or HBO ...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:35 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Cobra Commander looks like Cobra Commander this time it seems! So yay!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next