Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:02 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I gotta tell you, I didn't really like the first movie but I didn't think it was as bad as most people did. Having said that, I REALLY enjoyed the trailer for the second one. Everything looks much improved, even with Bruce Willis lol.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:55 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I still haven't seen the first one. To the best of my knowledge it never got to the various movie channels.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Hmm... I thought it had hit one of them already. I've seen it and it wasn't at the theatre.

On Demand had it last year so maybe that was it ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:58 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

It looks truer to the original (minus the red and blue lasers) than the first one- Ill definitely see it-- but the one adage this brings from me is from Pirates of the Carbbean Ride...

WE WANTS THE RED HEAD---

Scarlett is so much more a part of Joe to me than Lady Jaye....If you dont want whats her face to return-- fine-- but we need Scarlett (with the yellow armor) :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:11 am 
5" Scale

Looks like fun, much like the first one was for me. Anyone know who Willis is supposed to be? Also, did they kill off Duke and the rest of the team? Hard to make out anyone but The Rock and Snake Eyes making it out and I haven't IMDB'd the cast yet. Like I said, I liked the first one. Was it the comic or cartoon I grew up on? No, but it had enough of the key things to entertain me and get the general audience involved too. If anyone wants to check it out, it is available through Netflix's instant streaming. I've watched it a few times and still enjoy it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Rumors are Willis to be Joe Colton-- the First GI Joe (I think he started up in the Marvel Comic Series around issue #86--(that is completely off the top of my head)-- however if I am right-- I am so the winner)... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:09 pm 
Unbreakable

stewbacca wrote:
It looks truer to the original (minus the red and blue lasers) than the first one- Ill definitely see it-- but the one adage this brings from me is from Pirates of the Carbbean Ride...

WE WANTS THE RED HEAD---

Scarlett is so much more a part of Joe to me than Lady Jaye....If you dont want whats her face to return-- fine-- but we need Scarlett (with the yellow armor) :D

I don't know, Adrianne Palicki looks pretty yummy as Lady Jaye. Maybe bring Scarlett back for #3.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:57 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Spoiler: show
My understanding is that everyone from the first one except Duke and Snake Eyes (Ray Park & Channing Tatum) is killed.

Whether that's true or not I don't know, but from looking at the trailer it would seem to be pretty accurate. And yes, Bruce Willis plays Joseph Colton. Can't wait to see him and The Rock on screen together lol...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:44 am 
3 3/4"

I hated ROC, but this already looks 1000 times better, a story (thus far) I can get behind and Cobra looking all bad arsed and unbeatable. Really what I wanted from the first one, glad too there is new director, writers ect on this. I could tell from the first ROC trailer I was going to hate it, but this might just bring the movie franchise back to life.

I hope to goodness we get a cool Jinx figure out of this. She looked great in the dojo type sceane.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:10 am 
5" Scale

I wouldn't go in with any preconceived notions. Because nothing is ever going to live up to the expectations that you've built up in your head. Not to mention what you'd like to see isn't necessarily what is going to work for a general audience. Which is what they want, butts in the seats and kids in the toy aisles afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Check Out a Sneak Peek of the G.I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl Ad

by SuperHeroHype

January 31, 2012

Paramount Pictures has just debuted, through ET, a sneak peek at the G.I. Joe: Retaliation trailer that will air during this Sunday's Super Bowl. The footage is now online, courtesy of Joe fan "JBellHawk". Check it out in the player below.

Set for release on June 29th, 2012, the sequel is directed by John Chu (Step Up 3D, Never Say Never), and continues the toy-inspired world depicted in 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra with a primarily new cast (except for the returning Channing Tatum as Duke, Ray Park as Snake Eyes and Byung Hun-lee as Stormshadow). Newcomers include Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock, Elodie Yung as Jinx, DJ Cotrona as Flint, Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye, RZA as The Blind Master, Ray Stevenson as Firefly, Joseph Mazzello as Mouse and Bruce Willis as General Joe Colton.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:08 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Full G.I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl Spot is Here!

by SuperHeroHype

February 01, 2012

Paramount Pictures has just debuted the full TV spot for G.I. Joe: Retaliation that is set to air during this Sunday's Super Bowl. Check it out in the player below!

In the sequel to G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Ray Park, Adrianne Palicki, Jonathan Pryce, RZA, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. Directed by Jon M. Chu, and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner, from a screenplay by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe characters, the film is scheduled to be released on June 29.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Photo of Snake Eyes in G.I. Joe: Retaliation

by SuperHeroHype

March 15, 2012

Total Film has debuted this new photo of Snake Eyes in Paramount Pictures' G.I. Joe: Retaliation, coming to theaters on June 29. The character is again played by Ray Park in the follow-up.

Directed by Jon Chu, the action adventure also stars Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, RZA, DJ Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Three More Photos From G.I. Joe: Retaliation

by SuperHeroHype

March 16, 2012

Following yesterday's new photo of Snake Eyes (Ray Park) in G.I. Joe: Retaliation come three more photos featuring Roadblock (Dwayne Johnson), Lady Jaye (Adrianne Palicki) and Jinx (Elodie Yung), thanks to Kino Gallery.

Opening in theaters on June 29, the Jon Chu-directed action adventure also stars Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, RZA, DJ Cotrona, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bruce Willis Takes Aim in a New G.I. Joe: Retaliation Still

Source: ComingSoon

March 22, 2012

A brand-new still from Paramount Pictures' G.I. Joe: Retaliation is now online, courtesy of the film's Facebook page. This image focuses on Bruce Willis' Joe Colton, the original G.I. Joe.

Opening in theaters on June 29, the Jon Chu-directed action adventure also stars Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Elodi Yung, Channing Tatum, RZA, DJ Cotrona, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next