Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:41 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Photo of Storm Shadow in G.I. Joe: Retaliation

by SuperHeroHype

April 04, 2012

Stark Industries has posted this new photo of Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Opening in theaters on June 29, the Jon Chu-directed action adventure also stars Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, RZA, DJ Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New International TV Spot for G.I. Joe: Retaliation

by SuperHeroHype

April 06, 2012

A new international TV spot for Paramount Pictures' G.I. Joe: Retaliation has hit and can be watched below. You can check out the previously-posted TV spots by clicking here.

Directed by Jon Chu, the action adventure stars Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, RZA, DJ Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation opens in theaters on June 29.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Three New Photos From G.I. Joe: Retaliation

by SuperHeroHype

April 17, 2012

Three new photos from Paramount Pictures' G.I. Joe: Retaliation have come online and can be viewed below.

Directed by Jon M. Chu, the June 29 release stars Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, RZA, DJ Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis.

Click the photos for bigger versions!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:41 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Click on the thumbnails for bigger pics!

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:27 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Debuts a New International Poster

Source: ComingSoon

April 23, 2012

Following the debut of seven new character posters for G.I. Joe: Retaliation earlier this week, a new, Korean poster for the film is now online, courtesy of Generals Joes and Twitter user toycollector962. Check it out below!

Starring Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Dwayne Johnson, Byung-hun Lee, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, RZA, DJ Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis, G.I. Joe: Retaliation is directed by Jon Chu and hits theaters on June 29th.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

DJ Cotrona's Flint Marks the Final G.I. Joe: Retaliation Character Poster

by SuperHeroHype

April 23, 2012

A final G.I. Joe: Retaliation character poster has been revealed thanks to director Jon M. Chu, who Tweeted the below image of DJ Cotrona as Flint.

Also starring Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, RZA, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis, G.I. Joe: Retaliation hits theaters on June 29th.

Check out all the other recently-released character posters in our gallery by clicking here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:44 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The New Trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation Hits!

by SuperHeroHype

April 24, 2012

Following the new character posters, Paramount Pictures has now also released the new trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation which you can watch using the player below! We also got a chance to check out more footage from the film at CinemaCon and we'll have a description of that for you soon.

In this sequel to the 2009 release G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence.

The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. The June 29 release was directed by Jon M. Chu.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:21 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Whatever doubts I had about this movie, that last trailer completely alleviated them. Wow.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:16 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Finally started watching the first movie this morning.

So far, it's not too bad, although the thought of Duke having dated the Baroness is kinda weird. Scarlett's pretty hot, though.

I'll watch the rest of it tonight.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:11 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New International Trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation

by SuperHeroHype

April 25, 2012

We just got a new domestic trailer for Paramount Pictures' G.I. Joe: Retaliation and now here is the new international trailer as well!

In the sequel, opening on June 29, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:24 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Okay, I finished the first movie, finally.

Overall, ugh. C at best.

The CGI was cheap and the acting was terrible except for proto-Cobra Commander, Baroness, and Destro. Stormy was okay. The Joes were just plain bad. And why exactly did we need to United Nations the G.I.Joe team? :roll:

They've got nowhere to go but up.

I'll wait for the reviews before I decide to plunk down money for the sequel.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:25 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New International TV Spot for G.I. Joe: Retaliation

May 6, 2012

Paramount Pictures has released a new Japanese TV spot for director Jon Chu's G.I. Joe: Retaliation featuring an intro by Byung-hun Lee and an outro by Bruce Willis.

Opening in theaters on June 29, the action adventure also stars D.J. Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum and Dwayne Johnson.

In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:15 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: The Final Poster for G.I. Joe: Retaliation!

May 8, 2012

Following the debut of 8 character posters last month, we now have the exclusive final poster for G.I. Joe: Retaliation, hitting theaters on June 29.

In this sequel to the 2009 release of G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, which grossed over $300 million worldwide, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. The movie is directed by Jon M. Chu and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner, from a screenplay by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe characters.

Click the poster for a bigger version!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Delayed Until 2013

by SuperHeroHype

May 23, 2012

In a surprising move, Paramount Pictures has delayed the release of their upcoming G.I. Joe: Retaliation until March 29, 2013, a full nine months after its originally planned release date of June 29th.

Part of the postponement allows for the film to undergo a full 3D conversion.

"It is increasingly evident that 3D resonates with movie-goers globally and together with Paramount, we made the decision to bring fans an even more immersive entertainment experience," said Brian Goldner, Hasbro's President and CEO in an official statement.

The new date puts the sequel up against Andrew Niccol's adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's The Host.

Starring D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson, G.I. Joe: Retaliation is directed by Jon M. Chu.

In the sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:59 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

This just seems crazy to me. That long of a delay, this close to the release date? Wow. And I was actually looking forward to this one. Wonder what the heck Hasbro is going to do? I bet they had all KINDS of product already on the way...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next