Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantastic Four Reboot
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:54 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Fantastic Four Director Confirmed While Daredevil Director Exits

by SuperHeroHype

July 11, 2012

While Twentieth Century Fox doesn't have a big presence at the San Diego Comic-Con this year, Deadline reports that there is still news about three of their comic properties.

The site says that, as was previously rumored, Chronicle director Josh Trank is now officially set to direct the Fantastic Four reboot at the studio. They add that production would start on the film after The Wolverine and the untitled X-Men: First Class sequel wrap.

We had also heard rumors that director David Slade had dropped out of directing the new Daredevil movie and that appears to be confirmed now. "The studio has a script it likes, but has to get the film into production by fall or risk losing the property back to Marvel Studios and Disney," says the site. Slade couldn't make the timing work because he's directing the "Hannibal" series pilot for NBC.

And finally, Deadline reports that Attack the Block helmer Joe Cornish is set to direct Rust for Fox. The Archaia graphic novel is described as follows:

"Rust" is a high-octane adventure set in the prairie lands of an unknown time. Life on the Taylor family farm was difficult enough before Jet Jones crashes into the barn, chased by a giant decommissioned war robot! Oldest son Roman Taylor struggles to keep his family's small farm afloat as the area heals from a devastating world war. While the rest of his family may not trust the mysterious boy with the jetpack, Roman believes the secrets of Jet's past may be the key to their survival.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:08 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Fantastic Four Reboot Gets a Writer

by SuperHeroHype

July 13, 2012

After announcing a few days ago that Chronicle helmer Josh Trank will be taking on Fantastic Four, Fox now has a writer on the project.

According to THR, Jeremy Slater has been brought in to write the script for the family superhero movie. The only unfortunate news about the film is that it will not start production until after The Wolverine and the X-Men: First Class Sequel, meaning it won't start until spring or summer 2013.

Slater is a pretty busy guy as he also has a Lovecraftian horror movie in development at Lionsgate and the teen spy comedy My Spy at Universal. Let's hope he does justice to the FF.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

20th Century Fox Taps Mark Millar to Consult on Marvel Adaptations

by SuperHeroHype

September 27, 2012

20th Century Fox announced today that Mark Millar will serve as creative consultant for the studio's Marvel Comics adaptations. Here's the press release:

Marking an expanded commitment to some of its most important franchises, Twentieth Century Fox has brought on comics superstar Mark Millar to serve as a creative consultant on the studio’s upcoming projects based on Marvel Comics properties.

Millar wrote several celebrated Marvel books such as The Ultimates, Civil War and Wolverine: Old Man Logan, before moving on to found Millarworld (millarworld.tv), where he continues to develop existing film franchise titles Wanted and Kick-Ass, as well as newer comic properties The Secret Service, Superior, and Nemesis — the latter also in development at Fox. Millar will work with Fox on developing new avenues for its "X-Men" and "Fantastic Four" tentpoles.

Commented TCF production president Emma Watts: “We are excited to be working with Mark. In addition to his groundbreaking Marvel work, he is simply one of the most original voices in comics today and will be an invaluable resource to us and to our filmmakers as we look for fresh opportunities to innovate within our shared Marvel universe."

Upcoming for the studio is THE WOLVERINE, starring Hugh Jackman, directed by James Mangold; X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, helmed by Matthew Vaughn; and a reboot of “FANTASTIC FOUR, to be directed by Josh Trank (Chronicle).

“As someone who has spent his entire life obsessed with both comic-books and movies, this is essentially my dream gig as it's a unique combination of both,” stated Millar. “I spent ten years working at Marvel and am really happy with the work I did on the comic side of things so the idea of working with these characters now in a brand new medium is enormously exciting for me. I really like the Fox team, love this bold new direction they have for their franchises and am proud to be working alongside some of modern cinema's biggest talents. James Mangold is incredible, Matthew Vaughn's one of my closest pals and Josh Trank gave us, in my opinion, one of the greatest superhero movies of the last decade with Chronicle. The invitation to join this crew was maybe the coolest phone-call I've ever had.”

About Mark Millar
Mark Millar is the writer of Civil War, Marvel's biggest-selling series of the fifteen years, Ultimate X-Men, Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four and The Ultimates (described by Time magazine in 2010 as the best comic series of the decade). His Millarworld line of comics boasts a roster of creator-owned books such as Wanted, turned into a blockbuster movie starring Angelina Jolie; Kick-Ass, which starred Nicolas Cage; and Nemesis, which Fox is presently developing as a theatrical feature. Kick-Ass 2 is currently filming in London and Toronto, starring Jim Carrey and Chris Mintz-Plasse and Universal is also developing his War Heroes series with Mike DeLuca producing. The Secret Service, co-created with Watchmen legend Dave Gibbons and X-Men First Class director Matthew Vaughn, is also currently indevelopment. In his native UK, he's the editor of CLiNT magazine, an advisor on film to the Scottish government and managing director of his film and television company Millarworld Productions."

About 20th Century Fox Film
One of the world’s largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions and Twentieth Century Fox Animation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:34 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mark Millar Speaks About Consultant Role at Fox

by SuperHeroHype

September 28, 2012

Yesterday it was announced that comic book writer Mark Millar would be working with 20th Century Fox as a creative consultant on all of their Marvel comic book properties. Millar took to his message board and Twitter to discuss the announcement. He said on Twitter, "In all seriousness, this is the biggest thing that's ever happened to me & I really want these movies to be as phenomenal as possible."

On his site, he added: "It's way too early to talk about plans just yet, but as you can imagine the idea here is to make exactly the kind of superhero movies you and I want to see most. There literally isn't a more talented bunch of film-makers to be working with and the team at Fox are incredibly excited about this bold new direction too. I also want to post this here to say thanks for the hundreds of emails I woke up to this morning and the thousand-plus tweets I got overnight from well-wishers. I wish I had time to reply to them all today - I usually reply to most of my tweets @mrmarkmillar - but this morning was an AVALANCHE and so I just wanted to so a big thanks, that I've read every one and that they're hugely appreciated. A highlight, I think, was well-wishes from Stan The Man himself. That's like the Pope sending a message. Couldn't have been more exciting.

"But my biggest thanks has to go to director Joe Carnahan, I think. It was Joe who suggested me to the bigwigs at Fox for this role as he's always been a supporter of what I did in comics like The Ultimates and so on. He and Matthew Vaughn - both of whom have a very strong relationship with Fox - really pushed for me to get this gig and I just want to publicly thank them both for their support."

Millar is well known for writing the Marvel event Civil War, Ultimate X-Men, Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four, The Ultimates and the creater-owned series Wanted and Kick-Ass.

Currently, Fox has The Wolverine in production with the sequel to X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, in development with Matthew Vaughn alongside the Fantastic Four reboot with Chronicle director Josh Trank.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

More Details on Mark Millar's Consultant Role at Fox

by SuperHeroHype

November 09, 2012

A few weeks ago, it was announced that comic creator Mark Millar would be taking on the Chief Creative Consultant role for all of Fox's Marvel properties. Since then he's spoken about his role, but never in a detailed capacity. Last night, he was asked about the tentative plans and how he got the gig on the latest episode of The Empire Podcast. Here's a few of the quotes:

"It came about for a couple of reasons. One of my friends Joe Carnahan was saying to them (FOX) Mark was involved with Marvel for years and a lot of the stuff that was used in The Avengers movie, the source material was a book I'd done called The Ultimates. He said, look Mark could be a really good resource for you and the guys at Fox had read The Ultimates and they said if he can bring that same sort of thing to the Fox lane of Marvel characters that could be really beneficial.

"So Fox are thinking, 'We're sitting on some really awesome things here. There is another side of the Marvel Universe. Let's try and get some cohesiveness going.' So they brought me in to oversee that really. To work with the writers and directors to suggest new ways we could take this stuff and new properties that could spin out of it because the X-Men alone feels like a universe of itself. There's so many characters in there and so many great potential spin-off characters.

"They asked me to come in and work out a plan. So unfortunately at this point I can't get too specific. I do have a three to four year plan of where things could go, but you know, I'll be working with guys like Matthew and Josh Trank, who's the new director on Fantastic Four, and just figuring out how everything can work together and not contradict each other. But I also don't want to make it too much of a mess either, with everyone showing up in everyone else's films.

"What my dream is, as a fan, is that when you go and see any Marvel movie that it feels as if they're all taking place in the one universe like when you pick up a Marvel comic. You should feel as if they're all taking place in one big kind of cohesive place."

X-Men: Days of Future Past is currently in pre-production for a targeted July 18, 2014 release date with Fantastic Four in active development.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:42 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Release Date Set for Fantastic Four Reboot

by SuperHeroHype

December 07, 2012

Twentieth Century Fox Film has set a March 6, 2015 release for Chronicle director Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot. No other films are scheduled for that date yet.

Michael Green and Jeremy Slater wrote the script for the new film.

The 2005 Fantastic Four and 2007 sequel Rise of the Silver Surfer were directed by Tim Story and starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis.

In related news, Fox also announced that The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will all be 3D releases.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fantastic Four Reboot Will Contain Things 'You Haven't Seen in a Superhero Movie Before'

by SuperHeroHype

January 09, 2013

Little is known about the upcoming reboot of Fantastic Four at Twentieth Century Fox Film, but the person most likely to know something, and spill the beans a little, is Fox creative consultant Mark Millar.

"From what I've seen and from talking to him – he and I have had dinner a couple of times and we talk quite regularly as well – he's contemporising it," Millar said in an interview with SciFiNow. "I think he's just making it work for the screen – he's a great storyteller.

"Chronicle, if you think about it, was similar to Fantastic Four in that it was a bunch of people who were transformed into something more than human – that turned out almost his calling card to come and do something like Fantastic Four.

"What I wasn't expecting actually was just how funny and likeable he could make this as well as getting the more awesome moments on screen – I use awesome in the traditional British sense and not the California sense awesome, you know? The Ridley Scott moments, and the Fantastic Four really are jaw-dropping in the same way you feel when you saw Alien for the first time. There's some moments in this – not to be specific – that are actually gonna be phenomenal on screen and stuff you haven't seen in a superhero movie before."

The film is slated for a March 6, 2015 release date. Michael Green and Jeremy Slater wrote the script. Are you excited about the Fantastic Four reboot?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:58 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

SDcomics wrote:
Are you excited about the Fantastic Four reboot?

If done right I will be. For me the following things need to be done to make it work visually:

The Thing needs to be motion capture CGI like Hulk in Avengers, or Gollum in LOTR. He should be not much taller than 6 foot but really wide.

Sue Storm needs to be a white, blonde haired blue eyed hottie (I think Jessica Alba is lovely to look at but she was never right as Sue)

Johnny Stom needs to be a blonde haired, blue eyed charmer. (Why they didn't even dye his hair in the last films amazes me). And they should look like brother and sister!!!

Reed, well he's just Reed so you can't really screw him up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:01 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

See, now I thought Reed was awful in the last films. The actor just WAS NOT the Reed I imagined.

I agree about your Sue and Thing critiques, but I have to disagree with your concerns over Johnny. He was the only character that I thought was done "right" in the films, regardless of his hair color.

Maybe that speaks more to the actor's ability though ....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:35 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Which in turn is why I dont think he is as good in the CAP role-- he fit much better as Johnny Storm..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
See, now I thought Reed was awful in the last films. The actor just WAS NOT the Reed I imagined.

I agree about your Sue and Thing critiques, but I have to disagree with your concerns over Johnny. He was the only character that I thought was done "right" in the films, regardless of his hair color.

Maybe that speaks more to the actor's ability though ....

I didn't think Reed was any good in those films either, but the actor looked the part.
Chris Evans played Johnny well enough, but didn't look the part for me.
But hey, as much as I like Hugh Jackman in the Xmen films, he's too tall and too much of a leading man to be an accurate looking Wolverine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Allison Williams Eyes Fantastic Four Role

by SuperHeroHype

April 30, 2013

Although her casting is far from a sure thing at this point, Deadline is reporting that Allison Williams, one of the stars of HBO's "Girls," is up for a role in Josh Trank's Fantastic Four. Whether that part is the female lead of Invisible Woman Susan Storm or another role remains to be seen.

Details are currently few on the project all around outside of Trank directing from script by Seth Grahame-Smith, Michael Green and Jeremy Slater. Production is slated to begin soon, however, with the film targeting a March 6, 2015 release.

The rebooted Fantastic Four will mark the third time Marvel's first family has hit the big screen. Tim Story directed the original Fantastic Four in 2005 and also helmed a sequel, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer in 2007. There was also a 1994 version, produced by Roger Corman. That version has never received an official release.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chronicle Star Michael B. Jordan Reportedly in Talks for Fantastic Four Reboot

by SuperHeroHype

May 02, 2013

TheWrap is reporting that Chronicle star Michael B. Jordan is in talks to reunite with director Josh Trank for the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot. Jordan is said to be up for the role of Johnny Storm, aka The Human Torch, played by Chris Evans in the first two films. Though just a rumor at this point, Jordan's prior working relationship with Trank could make it a reality.

Previous casting rumors for the film include "Girls" star Allison Williams in an unspecified role that many believe to be Sue Storm aka The Invisible Woman.

Details are currently few on the project all around outside of Trank directing from script by Seth Grahame-Smith, Michael Green and Jeremy Slater. Production is slated to begin soon, however, with the film targeting a March 6, 2015 release.

The rebooted Fantastic Four will mark the third time Marvel's first family has hit the big screen. Tim Story directed the original Fantastic Four in 2005 and also helmed a sequel, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, in 2007. There was also a 1994 version, produced by Roger Corman. That version has never received an official release.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Michael B. Jordan Addresses Potential Fantastic Four Role

by SuperHeroHype

May 17, 2013

A rumor began to circulate two weeks ago that Chronicle star Michael B. Jordan was being eyed for the role of Johnny Storm, AKA The Human Torch, in Josh Trank's upcoming Fantastic Four reboot. The internet almost caught on fire, and the man himself won't say whether there is truth to it this nugget of information or not.

"That's not real yet," Jordan said in an interview with The Huffington Post.

"Everyone knows we're good friends. It's something that if it happened I would be ecstatic," Jordan also told USA Today "giving a big wink." "I'd love to be a part of it."

Jordan's enthusiasm to challenge conventional norms appears to be another indicator that he's up for the role.

"Things change and time goes on, it's 2013 right now," he said. "The characteristics of the Human Torch are his name is Johnny Storm, he's charismatic, and he's a playboy. That's it. You know what I'm saying? That's all there is."

Details are currently few on the project all around outside of Trank directing from script by Seth Grahame-Smith, Michael Green and Jeremy Slater. Another casting rumor for the film includes "Girls" star Allison Williams in an unspecified role that many believe to be Sue Storm, AKA The Invisible Woman. Production is slated to begin soon, however, with the film targeting a March 6, 2015 release.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:03 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fantastic Four Reboot to Shoot in Louisiana

by SuperHeroHype

July 24, 2013

According to The Wrap, production on Josh Trank's upcoming Fantastic Four reboot will roll cameras in Louisiana instead of the previously-rumored Vancouver. Production is slated to begin sometime this September.

Casting has still yet to be announced for the film, but Chronicle star Michael B. Jordan has long been rumored to appear as Johnny Storm with another rumor citing "Girls" star Allison Williams as potentially Sue Storm.

Details are currently few on the project all around outside of Trank directing from script by Seth Grahame-Smith, Michael Green and Jeremy Slater, but Fox creative consultant Mark Millar says the film will contain "stuff you haven't seen in a superhero movie before."

Fantastic Four is targeting a March 6, 2015 release.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next