Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

ABC Renews Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter!

SuperHeroHype

May 07, 2015

Following the reveal that The CW had ordered “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” to series earlier today, ABC has announced two renewals of its own with “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” set to return for a third season and “Agent Carter” coming back for a second. There’s no official word as of yet on the proposed spin-off for “Agents of SHIELD” or the yet-to-be-titled series in-development with “American Crime” creator John Logan, but check back here for more details as we learn them.

“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse. Co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (“Dollhouse,” “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”), who also serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb (“Smallville,” “Lost,” “Heroes”) and Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”). “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D’Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley. It also featured Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark, Lyndsy Fonseca as Angie Martinelli, and Bridget Regan as “Dottie Underwood,” a member of the Black Widow program. Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Chris Dingess, Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, Stan Lee and Jeph Loeb are executive producers on the series.

Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Henry Simmons Promoted to Series Regular for Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD

SuperHeroHype

Jun 04, 2015

Marvel Entertainment and ABC have announced today that Henry Simmons has also been promoted to a series regular role for the third season of “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD,” reprising his role of Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie. Luke Mitchell, the electrical powered Inhuman Lincoln, was also recently promoted to a regular.

“Mack’s story from Season 2 left him at a great place for us to continue, opening up new possibilities for the character as he takes charge of overseeing S.H.I.E.L.D.’s storehouse of unexplainable or alien objects,” said Executive Producer/Marvel’s Head of Television, Jeph Loeb. “We couldn’t be more excited to add Mack to our regular cast of heroes.”

This will mark Simmons’ third stint as a regular on a TV series, having previously played Detective Baldwin Jones on “NYPD Blue” and Isaac Wright on “Shark.”

“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” is executive produced by Joss Whedon (Marvel’s The Avengers, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, (“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” pilot co-writers, “Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agent Carter,” “Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Lost”).

“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” is produced by Marvel Television and ABC Studios and returns for a third season on Tuesdays this fall on ABC.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:12 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. / 19 Jun 2015

Comic-Con: Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter Returning to SDCC

The TV shows will share a panel once more.

By Evan Campbell

Marvel has announced that Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter will return together for a panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

For the second year in a row, Marvel will host a combined panel for the two series called the Marvel Television Presents panel. Marvel's head of television Jeph Loeb will once again moderate the panel, which will take place from 3 to 4:15 p.m. on Friday, July 10 in Ballroom 20.
Marvel's Agent Carter - Why We Want More Agent Carter - IGN Conversations
12:08

From Agents of SHIELD, the Marvel Television Presents panel includes: executive producers Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeff Bell as well as cast members Clark Gregg (Phil Coulson), Ming-Na Wen (Melinda May), Brett Dalton (Grant Ward), Chloe Bennet (Skye), Iain De Caestecker (Leo Fitz), Elizabeth Henstridge (Jemma Simmons), Henry Simmons (Alphonso 'Mack' Mackenzie), Adrianne Palicki (Bobbi Morse), Nick Blood (Lance Hunter) and Luke Mitchell (Lincoln Campbell).

From midseason series Agent Carter, the Marvel Television Presents panel includes: executive producers Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Chris Dingess and Louis D’Esposito as well as with series stars Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter) and James D’Arcy (Edwin Jarvis).

On July 12, there also will be autograph sessions for Agent Carter from 10 to 11 a.m. and Agents of SHIELD from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Marvel Booth #2329.

So while Marvel Studios is skipping any panels for their movies at Comic-Con this year, the TV side will obviously be at the annual event.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Newsarama:

SECRET WARRIORS Coming To AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. ... And CIVIL WAR?

by George Marston, Newsarama Contributor

Date: 25 June 2015 Time: 02:55 PM ET

In a recent interview with HeyUGuys, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. actor Clark Gregg teased some interesting tidbits for the show's third season, including name-dropping Secret Warriors and mentioning S.H.I.E.L.D.'s involvement in Captain America: Civil War.

"The rogue element of the Inhumans has been more or less defeated and it seems like Coulson's trying to bring his beloved Skye, who is more or less fully realized as Quake, into a new super secret team of powered agents, which very much sounds like something I know from the comics as Secret Warriors, which is very exciting," Gregg said. "it's kind of a rogue, quiet part of S.H.I.E.L.D. that gets very involved in some of the goings-on that happen around Civil War, which is the Captain America 3 film that's shooting right now, which is truly a great chapter in Marvel Comics."

Marvel fans have speculated for some time what the catalyst for the events of the Civil War movie adaptation will be. The death of the New Warriors initiated the moral conflict in the comic book, but since there's no such team in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, would Marvel really up the ante on the TV-feature film crossover and have a green S.H.I.E.L.D. team of Secret Warriors stand in for the New Warriors and be the super-team that gets massacred on live television, jump starting the storyline?

Gregg said the changes coming to S.H.I.E.L.D. could be as momentous as the destruction of the original organization in the wake of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"The question is: Will it make Fury reassume the directorship of S.H.I.E.L.D.? If not, will somebody else?" Gregg poses. "It's really interesting what S.H.I.E.L.D. will become now, and if it ever will become this giant organization under the World Council or if it'll be a bunch of different splinter groups. I don't know."

Check out the whole interview right here:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:02 am 
Peg Hanger

Whatever happens, I hope Fury returns to the show.

To paraphrase Huey Freeman: "This show is wack. Needs more Sam Jack."

ThunderCats Wish List: Mumm-Ra (Everliving), Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, WilyKit, WilyKat, Snarf, Jaga, Bengali, Pumyra, Lynx-O, Hachiman, Ratar-O, Grune, Snowman, Hammerhand, Ram-Bam, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Safari Joe, Mongor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Secret Warriors Characters Coming to Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD Season 3

SuperHeroHype

Jun 26, 2015

Variety brings word that some new additions are coming to the cast of “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” as characters from the comic team “Secret Warriors” will be making their way to the series.

Assembled by Nick Fury in the source material, members of the Secret Warriors include the super speedster Slingshot; Stonewall, the son of Absorbing Man (another “Agents of SHIELD” character); the teleporting Manifold; the mystic Druid; Phobos, son of Ares the god of war; and the pyrotechnic Hellfire. One of the founding members of the team is already a character on the series, Chloe Bennet’s Daisy “Quake” Johnson. Check back here for more news on the Secret Warriors in “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” and check out the teaser art below.

The outlet also reports that at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, SHIELD ambassadors will be “roaming the convention to find the most dedicated fans and rewarding them with limited edition ‘Secret Warriors’ pins.” Fans will be able to track the movements of the ambassadors on Twitter (@AgentsOfSHIELD) to secure their own pin.

“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” is executive produced by Joss Whedon (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel’s The Avengers); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, (“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” pilot co-writers, “Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agent Carter,” “Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Lost”).

“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” is produced by Marvel Television and ABC Studios and returns for a third season on Tuesdays this fall on ABC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:40 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts Constance Zimmer for Season 3

SuperHeroHype

Jul 30, 2015

Marvel has announced that Emmy-nominated actress Constance Zimmer (“Entourage,” “House of Cards,” “Boston Legal”) will join the cast of ABC and Marvel’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” for the upcoming third season.

Zimmer is set to play the head of a mysterious new government agency that will cross paths with S.H.I.E.L.D. as both seek out new Inhumans following the events of last season. This agency head will act as principal antagonist for Clark Gregg’s Agent Coulson and might be more than his match, though it is unclear if she will turn out to be a friend or foe as the season plays out.

“When casting this role, we needed someone that could go toe-to-toe with Coulson,” said series Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “Constance brings a level of wit and spark to the role we could have only dreamed of, and we’re beyond excited to add her to our already stellar cast going into the new season.”

In addition to Zimmer’s new character, fans can also expect Marvel comics villain Lash along with several characters inspired by the Secret Warriors to play a prominent role in the upcoming season.

“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” is executive produced by Joss Whedon (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel’s The Avengers); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, (“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” pilot co-writers, “Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agent Carter,” “Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Lost”).

“Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” is produced by Marvel Television and ABC Studios and returns for a third season on Tuesdays starting September 29.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:30 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Alright, this is only marginally related to AoS but it's as good a place as any to put it... Wanna talk about random discoveries?... Found a list of the top K-Pop of 2011 and was going through and watching the videos that I hadn't seen before and I got to this one and got a little surprise around the 45 second mark...