Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ghostbusters 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Yeah, now they're just screwing with us. You deserved to die in Zombieland Bill! Serves you right!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Aykroyd Says New Writers Join Ghostbusters 3

Source: ComingSoon

July 3, 2012

WIVB has quoted Dan Aykroyd saying that a new writing team has come on board for Ghostbusters 3.

"We've got a new writing staff working on it now," Aykroyd said. "It's got to be perfect. That's the whole thing. There's no point in doing it unless it's perfect. So that's what we're up to now."

Bill Murray previously told David Letterman that, regarding Ghostbusters 3, ”You just have to have a really good script, you know, it’s hard. I think, you know, we’ll try again.”

And it looks like they are. Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky wrote the previous draft of the script.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:14 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Etan Cohen to Rewrite Ghostbusters 3

July 10, 2012

ComingSoon.net has learned that Tropic Thunder and Men in Black 3 screenwriter Etan Cohen has signed on to rewrite Ghostbusters 3 . The news arrives just a week after Dan Aykroyd reported that the project had added new writing talent.

Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky wrote the previous draft, which is expected to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson, although Murray has been a notorious holdout, not wanting to participate until the script is perfect.

Aykroyd previously confirmed reports that the plot will revolve around a new generation of Ghostbusters and hinted at the states of his and Ramis' characters.

"My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can't drive the cadillac," he said, "He's got a bad knee and can't carry the packs... Egon is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that's the promise. We're gonna hand it to a new generation."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

If they can persuade Bill Murray, I'll see this in the theater. Dude is notorious for only picking roles in great movies (Garfield not-withstanding; and hey, a guy's gotta eat). The fact that they are still trying to get him means that if they do it with him, it will probably be as great as the first movie.

New rule: If you don't acknowledge the existence of the federal government, then you don't get to use its Constitution.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bill Murray Definitely Not Appearing in Ghostbusters 3

August 2, 2012

Will Bill Murray appear in Ghostbusters 3? That's been the question asked for years now, but Dan Aykroyd has now made it quite clear - he's not. Talking to Metro, Aykroyd gave an update on the third installment:

Is Ghostbusters 3 finally happening?
Yes, we've got a brilliant new writer on it and we'll be passing the torch on to a new generation. We're working on it to make it just right to satisfy our fans. I'm confident we'll be in production in the next year.

It's been a long process, hasn't it?
Yes, but now we've got the studio on side. We've tried a few concepts which weren't right but now we've got a good structure and will make it happen.

Is Bill Murray doing it?
No, I can tell you he won't be involved.

How do you feel about that?
It's sad but we're passing it on to a new generation. Ghostbusters 3 can be a successful movie without Bill. My preference would be to have him involved but at this point he doesn't seem to be coming and we have to move on. It's time to make the third one.

Aykroyd previously said that in the third film, "my character’s eyesight is shot, I got a bad knee, a bad hip—I can’t drive that caddy anymore or lift that Psychotron Accelerator anymore, it’s too heavy. We need young legs, new minds—new Ghostbusters; so I’m in essence passing the torch to the new regime, and you know what? That’s totally okay with me."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:19 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ghostbusters 3 Planned For Summer 2013 Shoot

October 18, 2012

Rumored for more than two decades, Ghostbusters 3 appears to finally be moving forward, albeit without leading man Bill Murray. Deadline reports that the current schedule calls for Ivan Reitman to return as director with a summer 2013 production start being targeted.

Dan Aykroyd previously confirmed reports that the plot will revolve around a new generation of Ghostbusters and hinted at the states of his and Harold Ramis' characters.

"My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can't drive the cadillac," he said, "He's got a bad knee and can't carry the packs... Egon is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that's the promise. We're gonna hand it to a new generation."

Etan Cohen was recently brought in to rewrite the script, working from a draft by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg.

Assuming Ghostbusters 3 hits its production mark, it's likely that the sequel will be released in 2014, tying into the original film's 30th anniversary.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Dude, it's not gonna be Ghostbusters without Bill Murray. And you mean to tell me that Harold Ramis is not even losing weight to play Egon?? Man, not gonna see this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Dan Aykroyd on Ghostbusters 3 and Beyond

December 5, 2012

Dan Aykroyd has, for years, been hard at work, attempting to bring Ghostbusters 3 to the big screen. There have been quite a few stops and starts, but most recently plans seemed to be for the sequel to shoot in the fall of 2013. Today, Aykroyd tells Esquire that while he thinks a production start is closer than ever, the film still isn't a sure thing.

"[B]ecause of the ever-shifting sands and nature of the motion-picture business, I will just say that hopefully, at some point, it will be morphing into what is known in the business as a 'production number XP39789,'" the actor explains. "Then I will begin to rent cars, get hotel rooms, and bill for writing. But that point hasn't come. All my work has been gratis to this point, as Ivan [Reitman]'s has, and I'm hoping that I can get that production number set up in L.A. and help everyone bring the movie to fruition, as the originator and creator of the concept."

Aykroyd goes on to reveal that, if the film does happen, a third adventure most likely won't be the end of the Ghostbusters as the current draft leads "organically" into a fourth film. His own plans would see him stepping away from the franchise as an actor but remaining aboard as a writer. As far as ideas go, he'd like to see a new team travel to Hell itself.

"Man-hell-ttan," he explains, "and the Ghostbusters in Hell would be so solid. But we gotta get maybe one or two made before that."

You can read the full interview at Esquire by clicking here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm 
Wonderdog

Krypton1976 wrote:
Dude, it's not gonna be Ghostbusters without Bill Murray. And you mean to tell me that Harold Ramis is not even losing weight to play Egon?? Man, not gonna see this.

Aykroyd did say they were passing the torch to a newer generation of Ghostbusters, it kinda makes sense... But then again a total relaunch with all new actors would be a great idea too

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:13 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Webslinger wrote:
Aykroyd did say they were passing the torch to a newer generation of Ghostbusters, it kinda makes sense... But then again a total relaunch with all new actors would be a great idea too

Or, sometimes you just gotta leave a classic alone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 pm 
4" scale

agreed. i even feel like gb2 should never have been greenlit. why the hell would new york be the only place in the world with paranormal activity? it was fine in the first because there was a legitimate explanation for all the goings on and the guys were coming together to figure it out, so naturally where they lived and started their paranormal research organization would be where they'd first lay the spectral smack down, but why werent there ghosts to be busted or at least investigated anywhere else in the world in that five year period? and why did the scary painting wait til it got to new york to get all evil? and why did we change the term ecto plasm to "slime?" seems like something egon would not have stood for. and why dana's baby? fine, she was the host of zuul, but thats never mentioned. he's just like, "oh, that chick looks like she could mother a living god. and hey, she's got a baby already. bingo! guess i'll come out of this painting and make slime everywhere! derp!" oh, cant forget the giant thing walking through new york again. that tested well with audiences of the first film! ooh, what if we got kinda hip hop with it, too! the kids do love that inner city music now. what if, after not having busted a ghost together in 5 years, the white guys do a little zap and trap and then break into a pre-rehearsed ghetto-rhyme. it's embarrassing to watch. good thing janine's not still hung up on egon. now she's free to date a bigger more ironic nerd. oh, and make her seem kinda stupid this go round. i guess she was huffing airplane glue for 5 years. janine with the bug eyes would never have given a baby french bread pizza. it's like dan ackroyd was sad his awesome film and family legacy had been turned into a cartoon and toy line that featured a hungry green booger that sounded like a hyperactive deaf kid doing pantomime and was like, "i'm just gonna kill the franchise now. get me bobby brown on the phone." seriously, the only thing i liked about that movie was brian doyle murray.

anyhow, not to seem overly critical without something constructive to add, i do think the guys that are writing the current ongoing ghostbusters comic series have hit on something thats as close to the first movie as i've seen anything that uses those characters so far. they give nods left and right to things from all over the ghostbusters mythos without being a snarky jerk like i am about it, and even make thinly veiled references to the ghost of john belushi and the ghostbusters' new rivals are led by a guy who i will bet all my ghostbusters figures against was modeled directly after chevy chase. let those guys handle it. ghostbusters isnt star wars. you can't just put out turd after turd after turd and expect people to be like, yum! sell me 15 more slightly different gungan figures from the extended cut of ewoks on ice. this has more of an indiana jones following, and you see what happened with crystal skull. speaking of crystal skull, you crap this one out, ackroyd, might as well finish up blues brothers 2012. i like the idea of new blood in the ghostbusters company. from all over the country or even the world. but give it to people who are actually funny, no the cast of the watch. dude. let broken lizard do it.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Dan Aykroyd Reveals New Ghostbusters 3 Plot Details

May 20, 2013

The much-anticipated Ghostbusters 3 is getting closer and closer to becoming a reality. Leading man Dan Aykroyd spoke today on "Larry King Now," revealing new details about the sequel's plot.

"It's based on new research that's being done in particle physics by the young men and women at Columbia University," he tells King. "...Basically, there's research being done that I can say that the world or the dimension that we live in, our four planes of existence, length, height, width and time, become threatened by some of the research that's being done. Ghostbusters -- new Ghostbusters -- have to come and solve the problem."

Unfortunately, it's looking quite likely that Bill Murray will not reprise his role as Peter Venkman in any way, shape or form, although Aykroyd is still optimistic for a last-minute change of heart.

"There will be a hole for him," Aykroyd says of his friend and co-star. "If Billy wants to walk in the door and be in the movie, we will find a place."

As previously revealed, Ghostbusters 3 will include a new team of younger Ghostbusters, all of which begin as Columbia University students. Although casting has not yet taken place, Aykroyd did confirm the return of one new actor from the original: Larry King will again play himself.

"Of course, we're going to be doing you in your new format as you comment on what's happening in Manhattan up there at Morningside Heights," Aykroyd tells King. "It's going to be quite a spectacular scene once the stuff starts to break."

Ivan Reitman is slated to direct Ghostbusters 3 with a script from Gene Stupnitsky, Lee Eisenberg and Etan Cohen. A release date has not yet been determined, but it has been rumored for 2014, the 30th anniversary of the original.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:55 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Until I sit down in theatres to see it, I still won't believe it. They will really have to wow me with the new Ghostbusters though for me to be impressed.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:29 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ghostbusters 3 to Film in Cleveland Next Year?

November 8, 2013

Is Columbia Pictures getting ready to start production on Ghostbusters 3? According to NBC Cleveland, Ohio affiliate WKYC, filming will take place in the city in spring 2014:

"More movie projects are on the way. One being the sequel to "Ghostbusters" as Sony has penciled in spring 2014 date to start shooting the third installment here in Cleveland."

We reached out to Columbia Pictures about this, but the studio told us there is nothing to report at this time.

In related news, Schmoes Know said yesterday that they "have it on good authority that none other than Jonah Hill and Emma Stone have been offered the parts of Jeremy and Anna respectively."

Again, that's not confirmed, but it's interesting that these two reports came out right after another.

There's no release date yet for the third installment. Dan Aykroyd previously said this of the plot:

"It's based on new research that's being done in particle physics by the young men and women at Columbia University... Basically, there's research being done that I can say that the world or the dimension that we live in, our four planes of existence, length, height, width and time, become threatened by some of the research that's being done. Ghostbusters -- new Ghostbusters -- have to come and solve the problem."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:59 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Jonah Hill?... Sounds like a Belushi character right there...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next