Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Heroes Reborn Season 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:04 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Apparently NBC is teasing the return of Heroes in 2015. No idea if it's legit or not but it's all over my Facebook.

Anyone have any info?

Post subject: Re: Heroes Returns to NBC in 2015 as Heroes Reborn!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:24 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Well. Funny you should ask ...

Heroes Returns to NBC in 2015 as Heroes Reborn!

SuperHeroHype

Feb 22, 2014

First rumored last April, NBC is planning to resurrect its superhero-themed series "Heroes" for a special 2015 miniseries event. Thirteen new episodes will be produced with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring at the helm, it was announced today by NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke.

“The enormous impact ‘Heroes’ had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

The original series chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world.

With the return of “Heroes Reborn,” NBC will launch a digital series prior to the 2015 premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines. This leveraging of social media is a way for fans to re-engage with what was one for the true pioneers in multiplatform storytelling.

Plot details for the new episodes are being kept under wraps, but the 13 episodes are said to follow a new stand-alone story arc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 am 
Aspires to be #1

Very skeptical about this. They couldn't even finish season 1 before quality went down.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Zachary Quinto Talks Potential Return for Heroes Reborn

SuperHeroHype

Jul 12, 2014

When it was first announced back in February, NBC teased the potential for the cast members of “Heroes” to return for “Heroes Reborn.” Previously, actress Hayden Panettiere, who played Claire Bennet in the series, revealed she knew nothing about the series. Jack Coleman on the other hand, who played her father on the series, is confirmed to return.

Now, Zachary Quinto, who played the villainous Sylar on the series, has spoken out about potentially returning though he is also uncertain.

“I’ve been in touch with Tim [Kring, creator] and he told me they were doing this and we left the door open for me to be involved, the trouble is really my availability,” Quinto told IGN. “I don’t know that it would really even be possible. And it’s a challenge for me because that experience and role and opportunity really changed my life completely and sent me on a path that I might not have otherwise have been on, but at the same time I’m very interested in forward momentum, I’m very interested in expanding and defying people’s expectations of me….I don’t know that going back to such a definitely iconic character would necessarily do that. So it’s a larger question that I haven’t had to answer because no one’s actually given me an offer. We’ll see. I’m glad they’re doing it and I know that whether or not I’m involved that the fans will enjoy it.”

The original series chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world.

With the return of “Heroes Reborn,” NBC will launch a digital series prior to the 2015 premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines.

Plot details for the new episodes are being kept under wraps, but the 13 episodes are said to follow a new stand-alone story arc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:48 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Heroes Creator Tim Kring Talks Heroes Reborn

SuperHeroHype

Jul 14, 2014

It was revealed back in February that NBC’s “Heroes” would be returning as a new series, titled “Heroes Reborn,” in 2015 and since then few details have been revealed about the project save for Jack Coleman’s confirmed return. Now, in an interview with EW, series creator Tim Kring opened up about the new series and what we can expect.

“To be honest, it wasn’t a pitch from me, it was a pitch from NBC to me,” Kring revealed about the series’ origin. “They saw the value in that franchise and brand and asked if I was interested in helming it again. And we had left the story in a place where we had more story to tell. So given the opportunity, I had ideas of where I wanted the story to go originally when we were hoping for a fifth season and so when we were given the opportunity five years late, some of those same thoughts were there as to where this story goes. But five years had passed and I also had new ideas on how to reboot the brand in away that gives people a whole fresh take on the series with a whole host of new characters but gives you that sense of you’re in that world of Heroes you’re familiar with.”

The initial announcement for the 13-episode series revealed it would focus primarily on new characters instead of those introduced in the first four seasons. Kring went on to reveal why they decided to go that route with the new episodes.

“The vast, vast majority are brand new characters, brand new ideas. [Bringing back previous characters is] really only to give a sense of continuity and a tether to the original world. If it was all completely brand new, we’d miss certain elements that need to be there to give you that bridge to cross to something new. I approached Coleman because he was a character who had a spine through the series that allowed you to meet new characters. So he’s a character I wanted to make sure had a little part at the beginning of this thing.”

With the return of “Heroes Reborn,” NBC will launch a digital series prior to the 2015 premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Masi Oka to Return for NBC’s Heroes Reborn

SuperHeroHype

Mar 27, 2015

NBC has announced another casting addition to the upcoming “Heroes Reborn” as Masi Oka will reprise his Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated role as Hiro Nakamura for a guest-starring arc in the series.

“I’m excited to return to my ‘Heroes’ roots,” said Oka. “Hiro Nakamura was such an inspirational role to play, and I’m hoping the fans will enjoy seeing him back on TV.”

“We are thrilled to have Masi back in the ‘Heroes’ family,” said creator/executive producer Tim Kring. “The character of Hiro Nakamura was such a huge part of the first series’ success, and a gigantic fan favorite. We felt the fans would really love seeing him back in action again.”

Oka joins a cast that will feature returning cast member Jack Coleman and newcomers Zachary Levi, Ryan Guzman, Robbie Kay, Danika Yarosh, Judith Shekoni, Kiki Sukezane, Henry Zebrowski and Gatlin Green.

“Heroes Reborn” will debut this year as a limited series reboot of the popular show. The original series chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world.

Prior to the debut of “Heroes Reborn” this fall, NBC is expected to launch a digital series that will introduce the characters and new storylines. Plot details for the new episodes have yet to be disclosed, but the series is said to follow a new stand-alone story arc.

“Heroes” creator Tim Kring is executive producing with James Middleton and Peter Elkoff. Matt Shakman is directing the opening episode. You can watch the teaser that debuted during the Super Bowl using the player below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: Director Matt Shakman on Heroes Reborn

SuperHeroHype

Mar 31, 2015

Last February, when NBC announced that they would be returning to the world of Tim Kring’s superhero drama “Heroes” with the planned mini-series “Heroes Reborn,” there were a lot of questions about the direction of the new show. Over a year later and they’re now just days away from starting production on the pilot with the most recent announcement being that Masi Oka would return as his popular Emmy-nominated character Hiro Nakamura, joining the previously-announced Jack Coleman as well as newcomers Zachary Levi, Ryan Guzman, Robbie Kay, Danika Yarosh, Judith Shekoni, Kiki Sukezane, Henry Zebrowski and Gatlin Green.

Before that announcement, SuperHeroHype had a chance to speak with Matt Shakman, best known for directing FX’s “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” and “Fargo,” who had scored the plum assignment of directing at least the pilot for “Heroes Reborn.” We asked him a couple of burning questions about the new show.

The first thing we wanted to know was whether or not people would have to have seen the original “Heroes” to come on board with the new mini-series.

heroes reborn“You could absolutely come to this show completely new, without having watched any of the previous show,” Shakman confirmed. “You can also have been an ardent fan of the previous show and come and find things in there that you will respond to. There will be Easter eggs and just little sort of tidbits and nods to the old show, much like the ‘Fargo’ miniseries. You don’t have to be a student of the Coen Brothers to appreciate that miniseries, but if you are a big fan, you’ll notice a million Easter eggs and homage to other Coen Brothers movies, not just ‘Fargo.’ so we’re definitely trying to do that. We’re trying to create an entry point here for ‘Heroes Reborn,’ where anyone can start watching now, but it will also be something that the fans from before will really respond to.”

“I think that Tim even felt that the first season and the first couple of seasons (were good)… and then they hit the writer’s strike and they were churning out more episodes than they wanted to, but what the network wanted,” Shakman said about the earlier series’ demise as it lost viewers. “It was tough to keep that complicated mythology going in some of the episodes. So here we are, we’re doing a 13-episode season. It’s all intricately-planned out and it’s going to be really something.”

“We’ve done a little bit of shooting already and then we’re still in prep,” he said about the production plans. “We did some complicated pre-shooting stuff, and then we really, really start in on this on April 6th. It’s going to be really fun. It’s big. It’s going to be really ambitious.”

Look for the rest of our interview with Shakman over on ComingSoon.net later this week.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:49 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I've been getting a lot of Facebook updates about this show with casting announcements and what not.

Frankly, its working. I am so excited for the return of this show, even if it is only a limited run "event"...

Post subject: Re: Heroes Reborn Season 1
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Heroes Reborn Set for Thursday Nights This Fall on NBC

SuperHeroHype

May 10, 2015

NBC has released their 2015-2016 Primetime Schedule and among the new shows is the upcoming “Heroes Reborn,” which will air on Thursdays at 8 p.m. EST.

From original creator Tim Kring, the supernatural phenomenon begins again with a fresh crop of inspiring heroes who take on the ultimate struggle between those with extraordinary abilities and those with nefarious motives to hunt and harness their powers. Epic adventures await these newly empowered allies as they cross paths with some of the original characters, unlocking the mysterious fate of the universe and their place within it.

Original cast member Jack Coleman will reprise his role as H.R.G., Jimmy Jean-Louis returns as The Haitian, and Masi Oka will be back as Hiro Nakamura. Also joining the cast are Zachary Levi (of NBC’s “Chuck” and Thor: The Dark World), Ryan Guzman (The Boy Next Door), Robbie Kay (“Once Upon a Time”), Danika Yarosh (“Shameless”), Judith Shekoni (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2), Kiki Sukezane (Death Yankee 3), Henry Zebrowski (NBC’s “A to Z”) and Gatlin Green (“Criminal Minds”).

With the return of “Heroes Reborn,” NBC will launch a digital series prior to the premiere that will introduce new characters and storylines that will take the “Heroes” phenomenon to new places. NBC’s digital platforms, as well as Hulu and video-on-demand, will debut the online prequel to the series prior to the show’s premiere.

Tim Kring serves as writer and executive producer. Peter Elkoff and James Middleton also executive produce. “Heroes Reborn” is produced by Universal Television, Imperative Entertainment and Tailwind Productions.

You can read NBC’s full 2015-2016 primetime schedule by clicking here.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:49 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Greg Grunberg Set to Return for Heroes Reborn

SuperHeroHype

May 21, 2015

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that former “Heroes” star and J.J. Abrams’ “good luck charm” Greg Grunberg is set to reprise his role of telepathic detective Matt Parkman on the upcoming “Heroes Reborn.” Grunberg will have a guest starring arc on the series, joining other original cast members Jack Coleman as H.R.G., Jimmy Jean-Louis returns as The Haitian, and Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:29 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Heroes Reborn is Coming to Comic-Con

SuperHeroHype

Jun 16, 2015

Universal Television is arriving at Comic-Con with one of the most highly-anticipated new shows of the fall, “Heroes Reborn.” The panel is described as follows:

Heroes Reborn
Sunday, July 12, 1:45-2:45 p.m., Hall H

From Tim Kring, who imagined NBC’s original critically-acclaimed “Heroes” series, comes “Heroes Reborn,” an epic 13-episode event series that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities. Watch an exclusive extended trailer. Moderated by returning cast member Greg Grunberg, participate in a Q&A session with Tim Kring and the cast: Jack Coleman, Zachary Levi, Robbie Kay, Kiki Sukezane, Ryan Guzman, Gatlin Green, Henry Zebrowski, Judith Shekoni, Danika Yarosh and Rya Kihlstedt. (All subject to production availability.) Also learn about the digital prequel series and the video and mobile games.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:05 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Heroes Reborn Key Art Revealed

SuperHeroHype

Jun 22, 2015

NBC has released the first official piece of key art for the upcoming revival series “Heroes Reborn” which you can check out in the gallery below!

Returning cast members include Jack Coleman as H.R.G., Jimmy Jean-Louis as The Haitian, Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura, and Greg Grunberg as Matt Parkman. The cast also includes Zachary Levi (of NBC’s “Chuck” and Thor: The Dark World) along with Robbie Kay (“Once Upon a Time”), Danika Yarosh (“Shameless”), Judith Shekoni (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2), Kiki Sukezane (Death Yankee 3), Henry Zebrowski (NBC’s “A to Z”) and Gatlin Green (“Criminal Minds”).

The supernatural phenomenon begins again with a fresh crop of inspiring heroes who take on the ultimate struggle between those with extraordinary abilities and those with nefarious motives to hunt and harness their powers. Epic adventures await these newly empowered allies as they cross paths with some of the original characters, unlocking the mysterious fate of the universe and their place within it.

Tim Kring serves as writer and executive producer. Peter Elkoff and James Middleton also executive produce. “Heroes Reborn” is produced by Universal Television, Imperative Entertainment and Tailwind Productions.

“Heroes Reborn” will air on Thursdays at 8 p.m. EST this fall.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:15 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The New Heroes Reborn Trailer is Here!

SuperHeroHype

Jun 25, 2015

Following a promo that asked “Where are the Heroes?” earlier this week, NBC has debuted the new trailer for the series revealing that the heroes are definitely here! Check it out in the player below.

“Heroes Reborn” will air on Thursdays at 8 p.m. EST starting September 24.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:29 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Meet the Cast of Heroes Reborn with New Character Posters

SuperHeroHype

Jun 29, 2015

Though a revival of the fan-favorite TV series, the cast of the upcoming “Heroes Reborn” will primarily feature new faces. With that in mind, NBC (via Yahoo!) has debuted some character posters introducing fans to the new characters at the center of the story. Featuring stars Ryan Guzman as Carlos and Francesca Eastwood as Molly, you can check them out below!