It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Prometheus 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Prometheus Sequel Targets 2014 or 2015 Release

by SuperHeroHype

August 01, 2012

Plans for a sequel to Ridley Scott's Prometheus were rumored to be on the table before the 20th Century Fox project even began production, but today The Hollywood Reporter confirms that the studio is indeed moving forward with another science fiction thriller, planned to hit theaters in either 2014 or 2015.

Stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are both contracted to reprise their roles of David and Elizabeth Shaw, respectively. Writer Damon Lindelof, however, is not necessarily attached to return as screenwriter and the studio is said to be in talks with other writers to board the project.

The original film, a quasi-prequel to Scott's 1979 Alien, saw a team of scientists and explorers embarking on a journey to a distant world, where they discovered the answers to some of humanity's most profound questions.

Scott's next project, The Counselor, is in production now with Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Dean Norris and John Leguizamo starring.

Post subject: Re: Prometheus Sequel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Damon Lindelof Not Involved with Prometheus Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

December 20, 2012

One of the more divisive films of the year was this summer's Prometheus. The film was decorated with high expectations and many didn't think that they were met with the final film and some placed the blame largely on screenwriter Damon Lindelof. Today, there is potential great news for some of you, as Lindelof has confirmed he is not involved with the proposed sequel to Prometheus.

When asked by Collider if he would be writing the script, he said: "I am not. Ridley [Scott] and I talked at great length during the story process of the first movie about what subsequent movies would be if Prometheus were to be successful. And I think that the movie ended in a very specific way that hinted at, or strongly implied that there were going to be continuing adventures worthy of writing stories. What those stories would be would not necessarily usurp or transcend the Alien franchise as we saw it because we know that the Nostromo hasn’t come along yet. So the idea was to set up a universe that… Is it a prequel? Okay. If that’s what we want to call it, sure. But the sequel to this movie is not Alien. The sequel to this movie is this other thing.

"The thing about Prometheus was it was a rewrite. Jon Spaihts wrote a script and I rewrote it. And still it was a year of my life that I spent on Prometheus, kind of all in. The idea of building a sequel to it—from the ground up this time—with Ridley is tremendously exciting. But at the same time, I was like, 'Well that’s probably going to be two years of my life.' I can’t do what J.J. [Abrams] does. I don’t have the capability. I’m usually very single-minded creatively. I can only be working on one thing at a time. So I said to him, 'I really don’t think I could start working on this movie until I do this other stuff. And I don’t know when the other stuff is going to be done.' And he was like, 'Well, okay, it’s not like I asked you anyways.' He and I are on excellent terms and it was a dream come true to work with him. But much to the delight of all the fanboys, I don’t see myself being involved in Prometheus-er."

At the box office, Prometheus made over $400 million worldwide. The last we heard about the sequel, Ridley Scott spilled a few details about what the plot will consist of. You can check that out by clicking here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Prometheus Sequel Gets Itself a Writer

by SuperHeroHype

June 17, 2013

Ridley Scott's Prometheus was released last year on June 8 and 20th Century Fox and Scott Free Productions are already moving forward with the currently Untitled Prometheus Sequel---which may as well be called "Prometheus 2" until something better comes along--as they've hired Transcendence scribe Jack Paglen to write the screenplay, according to The Wrap.

As some of you may already know, Transcendence is the directorial debut by Christopher Nolan's Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister, a sci-fi film starring Johnny Depp, Paul Bettany, Rebecca Hall, Kate Mara and Morgan Freeman, so it's quite an impressive follow-up for the relative newcomer Paglen.

Although Paglen has been rumored for the gig for some time, Ridley Scott has agreed to his take on the direction for the sequel and negotiations are underway.

While the original Prometheus was meant as a prequel of sorts to Ridley Scott's sci-fi classic Alien, the sequel would probably follow-up from the events in Prometheus and branch away from the Alien connections.

Prometheus grossed $403 million worldwide based on a production budget of $130 million and right now it looks like Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender will reprise their roles as Dr. Elizabeth Shan and the android David in Prometheus 2, though this is unconfirmed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:42 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ridley Scott Offers Updates on Prometheus 2 and Blade Runner 2

by SuperHeroHype

October 30, 2013

Director Ridley Scott did a bit of chatting about Prometheus 2 a few days ago. He didn't offer anything to really chew on. Today, however, some interesting news has surfaced. News that basically makes you wonder if the sequel will happen any time soon.

Scott talked to Empire magazine and confirmed the script has been written. "Prometheus 2 is written... Prometheus was a great experience for me. Chasing number two, we can start evolving the grand idea."

The director has his next two projects lined up for 2014 and 2015, though: Exodus and The Forever War.

In June, Jack Paglen was brought in to work on the script for Prometheus 2. With two projects already on his plate, Scott might not get to the sequel until well after these aforementioned projects.

Scott added that Blade Runner 2 is also still in the works. "Yeah, we're working on [Blade Runner 2] right now - that will happen sooner or later."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:03 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Prometheus 2 Set for 2016, Michael Green Boards as Writer

SuperHeroHype

Mar 24, 2014

On the heels of last week's announcement that 20th Century Fox has set a mystery Ridley Scott film for March 4, 2016 comes confirmation, via TheWrap, that the project in question is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus (and a prequel to the rest of the Alien franchise).

The outlet also reports that Green Lantern scribe Michael Green, who has been working with Scott on the proposed Blade Runner sequel, will rewrite Prometheus 2 and that the script calls for multiple versions of David, the synthetic played by Michael Fassbender in the first film, which also starred Noomi Rapace, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green and Charlize Theron.

Transcendence screenwriter Jack Paglen provided the original draft of the tentatively-titled Prometheus 2, which is expected to enter production this fall.