Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iron Man 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I'm not sure if it has been confirmed or not, but my hype for this movie went down when they announced that Justin Bieber would be in the movie playing a younger version of Tony Stark.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Andy Lau Joining Iron Man 3?

by SuperHeroHype

April 24, 2012

NeonPunch (via Twitch) is reporting that Andy Lau is in negotiations to play an old friend of Tony Stark in Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3.

The site says the friend "represents China’s technology sector – and will use China’s armored heroes to HELP Iron Man defeat “The Mandarin” who is seen as a terrorist against both the US and China."

He would be joining a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce. Shane Black will direct the third installment, scheduled to be released on May 3, 2013.

As we previously reported, the film will be co-produced in China. Filming will start in May in the United States and move to China later this summer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

CinemaCon: Shane Black Drops Hints on Iron Man 3

by SuperHeroHype

April 24, 2012

The lengthy Disney presentation at CinemaCon may still be going on, but it started off with the Marvel Studios presentation and President of Production Kevin Feige talking about the studio's upcoming slate. For next year's Iron Man 3, they showed a brief sizzle reel, which obviously didn't have any new footage (because they only start shooting in three weeks), but it did have a few soundbites from writer/director Shane Black talking about the direction of the movie.

In the video presentation, Black dubbed the movie a "technological thriller" and a "crisis movie" set in the world of "international war, arms and terror" saying that they will "put Tony Stark through the wringer" as they explore the trials of being Tony Stark. Although no villain has been revealed for the film, he said the villain will be one that will "frighten in today's world." Any idea who he might be referring to?

Unfortunately, we've fallen a bit behind on posting but look for a couple more posts about CinemaCon panels and footage shown very soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

If it's China, it's got to be Mandarin. Who else could it be? I'm wracking my brain here. Titanium Man? Crimson Dynamo? Neither one makes sense.

If it's not Mandarin, I'm going to be disappointed.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Same here Shell. I don't get why studios do this crap. It's agitating. Just like with Avengers. We all knew it was either Skrulls or Chitauri. Just say it. It's not "mysterious" or "suspenseful". It's freaking ANNOYING.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:52 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Plus they need to get away from armor vs. armor combat for a bit.

Mandy's a human opponent so it'll bring realism to the battle. Check out that clip in the Avengers thread where Thor and Iron Man throw down. It looks freakin' fantastic because Thor is a human (deity, I guess) foe.

If everybody has a battlesuit, Iron Man's kinda pointless. Sometimes what looks awesome in the comics just doesn't translate well to film.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Since the Captain America with Thor films threw science/ magic into the mix... the Mandarin's rings are not so far fetched any more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

No Black Widow in Iron Man 3

Scarlett Johansson says she won't be back for Tony Stark's next.

April 25, 2012

With The Avengers domestic release just around the corner, we've been getting a lot of buzz surrounding Marvel's future superhero projects, especially the studio's next, Iron Man 3.

In a recent Avengers press event with Screen Rant, actress Scarlett Johansson revealed that she will not be making an appearance as Black Widow in Tony Stark's next solo adventure. Unfortunately, if you were looking forward to more tight leather spandex topped with untamed, fiery curls, you'll have to wait a little bit longer.

ScarJo did, however, pitch the idea of a Jason Bourne-esque movie featuring Black Widow -- so, you know... I'll leave that one to your respective imaginations.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:13 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: Sir Ben Kingsley's Iron Man 3 Character Still Being Developed

by SuperHeroHype

May 06, 2012

With the enormous opening weekend for Marvel's The Avengers, many people are already looking forward to Marvel Studios' summer 2013 release Iron Man 3, written and directed by Shane Black, and what we can expect from it.

It was announced a few weeks ago that Sir Ben Kingsley would be playing an unnamed villain in the movie--something Marvel Studios has yet to confirm with any sort of press release, mind you--and though it was reported he won't be playing the Mandarin (as suggested by Favreau way back in 2008), when SuperHeroHype had a chance to talk to Sir Ben, we wanted to ask whether he's figured out exatly what level of bad guy he'd be bringing to the movie, knowing full well he wouldn't be able to say much.

Even though the production is starting in Wilmington, North Carolina soon, Sir Ben is actually going to be doing another movie first as he told us:

"I'm filming 'Ender's Game' in New Orleans right now and then I go onto a film called ' The Physician,' which is a beautiful film about a physician and then I go into 'Iron Man,'" he told us during the junket for Sacha Baron Cohen's The Dictator. "Quite soon I'll be with everybody and we'll be discussing the look and the feel and the direction of the character. It's very early days yet, but I'm so thrilled to be on board."

Iron Man 3 is scheduled to open May 3, 2013, and hopefully we'll learn more about Sir Ben's character soon.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:01 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jessica Chastain Will Not Appear in Iron Man 3

by SuperHeroHype

May 07, 2012

Despite reports of her potential involvement last week, Jessica Chastain will not be appearing in Iron Man 3, the actress herself revealed via her Facebook page.

"Sorry to say that 'Iron Man' 3 isn't going to work out," she writes. "My schedule is jammed packed and I can't fit anything else in. The press announced my possible attachment far too soon. I know many of you wanted me to be involved, and I'm so sorry to disappoint you. Hopefully there'll be another Marvel film in my future. Shane Black and everyone on the IM3 team are really wonderful. I'm very excited to see the film when it comes out. xx"

Chastain was said to be up for the role of a scientist that is the intellectual equal of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark. Although it's not confirmed, it's possible that the role is that of Dr. Maya Hansen, a character responsible for the "Extremis" nanotechnology that is said to be a key part of the sequel's focus.

Written and directed by Shane Black (and co-written by Drew Pearce), Iron Man 3 also stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce and is set for release on May 3, 2013.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:41 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Rebecca Hall Eyes Iron Man 3 Role

Source: ComingSoon

May 8, 2012

Following Jessica Chastain's announcement yesterday that she won't be joining the cast of Iron Man 3 comes word, via Variety, that Rebecca Hall (The Town, Everything Must Go) may take the part instead.

The role is said to be that of a scientist that is the intellectual equal of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark. Although it's not confirmed, it's possible that the part is Dr. Maya Hansen, a character responsible for the "Extremis" nanotechnology that is said to be a key part of the sequel's focus.

Written and directed by Shane Black (and co-written by Drew Pearce), Iron Man 3 stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce and is set for release on May 3, 2013.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:03 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

James Badge Dale Joins Iron Man 3 Cast

by SuperHeroHype

May 16, 2012

James Badge Dale (The Grey, Shame) has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3, reports Variety.

The trade says: "Dale will play Eric Savin. In the Marvel comicbooks, he's a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army put in charge of Project: Ultra. After stepping on a land mine, cybernetic surgery is performed on him and he's resurrected as the cyborg Coldblood."

The third installment starts filming this month in North Carolina and stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley and Rebecca Hall. Shane Black will direct a script he co-wrote with Drew Pearce. Iron Man 3 will hit theaters on May 3, 2013.

Dale's upcoming credits include Flight, World War Z and The Lone Ranger.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 pm 

Surely that's not going to be the main villain...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:46 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Coldblood was awesome! I remember when he debuted in Marvel Comics Presents back in the really late 80s!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:08 pm 

Van Statten, I don't care how cool he is. I'm a huge comic geek and I've never heard of him lol...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next