Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wolverine
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:23 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Or RDJ as Stark -- who knows what other tidbits he might show up in- rumored in GOG and the next Hulk movie.

IM
IM2
IM3
Avengers
Hulk
Avengers 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I didn't even list Avengers to for Sam, so that would mean 7 for him. But yeah, he and RDJ are certainly running neck and neck.

And from what I hear, Jackman's contract is done after the next two. I doubt seriously they will be able to afford him again, but I could be wrong.

I'm still holding out hope to see Wolverine and Beast in Avengers 3 though... :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:37 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

RDJ's contract is up after IM3, isn't it?

Or did they do the smart thing and lock him up for more?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:06 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Hmm... that's a good point. I remember when Ruffalo was cast that he said he signed the same deal as everyone but Sam Jackson. That is, six movies. Good lord I hope RDJ has been extended...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

texgnome1 wrote:
Hmm... that's a good point. I remember when Ruffalo was cast that he said he signed the same deal as everyone but Sam Jackson. That is, six movies. Good lord I hope RDJ has been extended...

I'm sure they must have worked out an extended deal with RDJ, after all it was his turn as Iron Man that got the marvel universe movies off the ground. And he's never going to fear being typecast as he's done so much before and since.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:30 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman to Answer Fans' Wolverine Questions on May 2

by SuperHeroHype

April 28, 2013

Hugh Jackman will chat with fans about The Wolverine on Twitter via @RealHughJackman on May 2nd at noon ET. Jackman will respond to questions via video. You can tweet your questions using the hashtags #AskHugh and #TheWolverine before and during the Q&A, according to Mashable.

Opening in theaters on July 26, the epic action-adventure takes Wolverine (Jackman), the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world, he will face a host of unexpected and deadly opponents in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality.

The James Mangold-directed film co-stars Will Yun Lee, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hal Yamanouchi, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima and Brian Tee.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First One Sheet Image of The Wolverine's Silver Samurai!

by SuperHeroHype

May 04, 2013

There's a nice little Saturday surprise from The Wolverine director James Mangold who, taking to Twitter this morning, revealed a new stylized poster design for the upcoming release.

"As we are beginning to offer glimpses of Silver Samurai," he writes, "here's a new great one sheet image for #thewolverine"

And it is a very cool image indeed, in the same vein as the early Japanese-style Wolverine teaser one-sheet.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:46 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Potential Cameo in The Wolverine Revealed?

by SuperHeroHype

May 08, 2013

Warning: There are potential spoilers for The Wolverine below.

Fox Creative Consultant Mark Millar once referred to The Wolverine as Fox's answer to Iron Man, meaning the start of an expanded and interconnected universe. Now it appears they're really trying to answer Iron Man.

JoBlo is reporting on a small re-shoot for the film in Montreal. According to their source, a short scene was being filmed, potentially for a post-credits stinger like Nick Fury's appearance in Iron Man, that saw Logan entering an airport and being greeted by Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier.

Now, this raises many points if it turns out to be true. The first of which is that The Wolverine has long been confirmed to take place after the events of X-Men: The Last Stand, and if you recall Xavier died in that film. If you think back further though, the post-credits scene in that film teased Xavier's "revival" in the body of his braindead twin brother on Muir Island. Xavier would be able to walk in his "new body" and JoBlo's sources report that he was in fact not in a wheelchair for the shoot.

Why is Xavier coming to visit Logan at an airport? Could it be to setup the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past? Treat all of this as a rumor for now, but feel free to sound off with your theories below!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Famke Janssen Reveals Details on The Wolverine Cameo

by SuperHeroHype

May 08, 2013

We got our first glimpse at the late Jean Grey in the teaser for The Wolverine two months ago. Since then we've heard little about her appearance in the upcoming film. Given that The Wolverine takes place after the events of X-Men: The Last Stand, and since Jean Grey died (again) in that film, there is really only one possible way that she returns - in a flashback.

Famke Janssen spoke with WhatCulture about her cameo and confirmed the nature of her appearance.

"I couldn’t tell you [how much I’m in it]. It’s a flashback sequence, but that’s all I can say. You’ll just have to wait until July!"

Janssen isn't the only character that could appear in the movie, check out this article from earlier today about a possible post-credits scene.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

More Behind-the-Scenes Images From The Wolverine

by SuperHeroHype

May 14, 2013

Much like he did previously, The Wolverine director James Mangold took to Twitter this morning and posted several behind-the-scenes images from the upcoming film. Check them out with his captions below!

"Directing a Kendo sequence at the Yashida Compound."

"Working with the great Hal Yamanouchi who plays the ailing Yashida. Note the "pin bed" Francois Audouy and I designed."

"We are in the home stretch as we begin recording the score and mixing the film this week."

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:17 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Photo From The Wolverine with Hugh Jackman and Hiro Sanada

by SuperHeroHype

May 14, 2013

The Wolverine director James Mangold has posted this new photo of Hugh Jackman and Hiroyuki Sanada on the set with the following Tweet:

"Hiro Sanada and HJ rehearse clash of claws and blades. Hiro is a truly great actor, martial artist and friend."

Click the photo for a bigger version!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Wolverine Reveals Yukio and Viper Posters

by SuperHeroHype

May 20, 2013

Matching the previously-revealed Japanese paintbrush design posters that featured Logan and Silver Samurai, James Mangold's The Wolverine has debuted two designs that focus on Yukio and Viper. What's more, a new trailer will be online at 6:00am PST May 21. Look for it here at SuperHeroHype, courtesy of the film's official YouTube channel and in theaters before Fast & Furious 6 beginning this Friday.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:24 am 
Loose, Missing Package

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:29 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Wolverine Lands on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly

by SuperHeroHype

May 22, 2013

Hugh Jackman will return for his sixth appearance on the big screen as Logan this summer in The Wolverine and in preperation for the film, he's found himself on the cover of Entertainment Weekly's "Summer 2013 Calendar" issue. The magazine also spoke with him about working on this film as compared to his first solo effort, which didn't get the reception he had hoped for.

“Somehow the first Wolverine movie ended up looking like the fourth X-Men – just with different characters," Jackman said. "I left unsure if we’d achieve our goal, which was to make sure people understood my character. This movie will really get to his core.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next