Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Amazing Spider-Man 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Sony Sets Release Dates for 3rd and 4th Spider-Man Films!

by SuperHeroHype

June 17, 2013

With Sony Pictures Entertainment now in production in New York on The Amazing Spider-Man 2, slated for release on May 2, 2014, the studio is planting its flag on two future release dates for one of the most successful franchises in studio history, it was announced today by Jeff Blake, Chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures. The next two films in the story of Peter Parker will be released on June 10, 2016, and on May 4, 2018, respectively.

Commenting on the announcement, Blake said, “Spider-Man is our most important, most successful, and most beloved franchise, so we’re thrilled that we are in a position to lock in these prime release dates over the next five years.”

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers. The executive producers are E. Bennett Walsh, Stan Lee, Alex Kurtzman, and Roberto Orci.

The Amazing Spider-Man took in over $750 million at the worldwide box office last year.

Post subject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Sigh.
Marvel's never getting Spider-man back into the fold.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Marc Webb Teases The Sinister Six!

by SuperHeroHype

July 20, 2013

It has long been the subject of rumor for fans of The Amazing Spider-Man series that filmmaker Marc Webb and the rest of the crew are building towards a plot line for "The Sinister Six," a collection of Spidey's biggest enemies that team up to take him down. But how do they come together?

Originally, Doctor Octopus gathered all the baddies together with the intention of crushing Spider-Man once and for all. Since Ock hasn't appeared, or even been mentioned, for this new film series many fans have pointed to the "dying" Norman Osborn as the potential leader for the group. Seems that may not be the case.

When speaking with Crave Online, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb hinted at a very obscure villain to keep our eye on.

“What about The Gentleman? Think about the Gentleman,” he said. “I’m just saying. Put that in your… There’s your little tidbit. Think about The Gentleman.”

The Gentleman first appeared in the novel Spider-Man: The Gathering of the Sinister Six, in which he forms the Sinister Six as a way to destroy Peter. According to the canon of the novel, Peter's parents had something to do with the death of The Gentleman's brother and he creates the group to kill Spider-Man.

What do you think of these possibilities? Is Marc Webb pulling our legs or will we actually see The Gentleman in future Spider-Man films?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marc Webb Teases The Amazing Spider-Man 4

by SuperHeroHype

July 24, 2013

The future of The Amazing Spider-Man film series is quite clear, especially for the next five years. A sequel to the first film is coming out next summer with a third and fourth film already in the development stages and currently scheduled for June 10, 2016 and May 4, 2018. Fans have speculated about the inclusion of a Sinister Six storyline for future sequels with director Marc Webb adding fuel to the fire, and it seems he is continuing his teasing.

In an interview with Crave Online, Webb had this to say about the proposed fourth film.

"Well, I think this was conceived of as a trilogy so there was a defined architecture to the story we were telling and we had sort of a rough outline of what was going to happen. I think [for] the fourth movie, what we've discovered is there are so many ancillary characters, that have enormous, cinematic potential that there may be other ways to exploit those characters, in a way that is exciting and fun and worthwhile. It might not just be a Spider-Man movie."

Could The Amazing Spider-Man 4 be the debut of the Sinister Six? Sound off with your theories below!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:58 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Sony Enlists Writers for The Amazing Spider-Man 3

by SuperHeroHype

October 02, 2013

Having set a release date for the movie a few months ago, it's no surprise that Sony has now hired writers to pen The Amazing Spider-Man 3. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner have been brought back to script the third part in the series which is currently set for release on June 10, 2016 with a fourth film in the franchise to follow on May 4, 2018.

Andrew Garfield is expected to reprise his role as Peter Parker in the film, but what supporting cast and villains will appear remains to be seen. It is also unknown at this time if director Marc Webb will return for the third movie.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2, also written by Kurtzman, Orci and Pinker, will hit theaters on May 2, 2014.

What do you think of this news? What villains do you want to see appear in the third film? Sound off below!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:39 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Paul Giamatti Says He'll Be Back for The Amazing Spider-Man 3

by SuperHeroHype

October 03, 2013

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hasn't even come out yet and all the pieces for its follow-up are starting to fall into place. Just yesterday it was revealed that the sequel's screenwriters Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner have been brought back to script the third part in the series. Now it seems that one of the villain's from next summer's movie will also be returning.

In an interview with Collider, Paul Giamatti confirmed that he signed a muli-picture deal to play Aleksei Sytsevich aka "The Rhino" in the series and believes he'll return for the third film, currently set for release on June 10, 2016.

"I think I'm only doing the next movie, I don't think I'm in the next-next movie," he said.

There have also been countless talks about doing a "Sinister Six" plotline for the fourth film in the series, currently set for release on May 4, 2018, but Giamatti says no one has told him any exact details on that just yet.

"They've not told me anything hard and fast about that."

Giamatti will make his big screen debut as "The Rhino" when The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters on May 2, 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Andrew Garfield Might Not Return for The Amazing Spider-Man 4

by SuperHeroHype

December 10, 2013

Sony Pictures surprised the world when they set a release date not only for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 but also The Amazing Spider-Man 4. Now it seems that announcement may have been jumping the gun as Peter Parker himself, Andrew Garfield, says he isn't sure about a fourth go around as the character.

"I mean I’m under contract for another one after this… as far as a fourth one? That's not anything to do with me," he told Yahoo!. "But yeah, I think what we’re doing here is we've established the world. And now we get to really play inside that world."

Garfield also elaborated on how they've expanded the second film from what they set up in the first saying:

"I think there was something missing in the first one because our focus wasn't on character as much we were trying to keep a number of plates spinning in the air – How can we reintroduce the character? How do we not upset this guy or this guy? That was a tough wasteland we had to move through. Now we could say, 'who is this guy?' How can we best serve Spider-Man?'"

Opening in theaters on May 2, 2014, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, Sally Field, Chris Cooper, B.J. Novak and Sarah Gadon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marc Webb Returning to Direct The Amazing Spider-Man 3

SuperHeroHype

Feb 25, 2014

Variety is reporting that The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb will return once again to the director's chair for the planned third film in the series, The Amazing Spider-Man 3. Last October, writers Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner were brought back to script the third part in the series which is currently set for release on June 10, 2016.

Star Andrew Garfield will return for the third film in the series, and even Paul Giamatti, who appears as Aleksei Sytsevich, aka The Rhino, in this summer's The Amazing Spider-Man 2, has said he'll also return for the third film, but what other cast members will return remains to be seen.

The Spider-Man universe will be expanding on the big screen even more after the third film as Sony also has a fourth film planned for May 4, 2018, along with two spin-off films including Venom, to be written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, and Ed Solomon and directed by Kurtzman, and The Sinister Six, which will be written and directed by The Cabin in the Woods' Drew Goddard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:02 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marc Webb Not Directing The Amazing Spider-Man 4, Talks Spidey Universe

SuperHeroHype

Mar 15, 2014

Marc Webb, who directed The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and will return to the director's chair for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (June 10, 2016), says someone else will have to step in for the fourth installment, which Sony Pictures already has scheduled for a May 4, 2018 release.

Talking to The Daily Beast, Webb said that three films will be it for him.

"I'd like to be involved as a consultant," he said about the fourth film, "and I've already talked to these guys about it, but in terms of directing it, that will close out my tenure. I've had so much fun doing it, but after the third movie, it'll be the time to find something else."

The third and fourth Spidey movies are not the only projects in the works at Sony, of course, as Venom and The Sinister Six spin-offs are also in development.

"We're building out a more complicated Spider-Man universe with characters that people haven't seen in other Spider-Man movies—The Sinister Six, Venom, and more. We'd all love to overlap with other studios, but it's beyond my pay grade," he said.

First up is The Amazing Spider-Man, which starts opening internationally on April 16 and swings into North America on May 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:18 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Roberto Orci No Longer Scripting The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Uncertain About Franchise Future

SuperHeroHype

Jul 12, 2014

Several months before The Amazing Spider-Man 2 even opened in theaters, Sony enlisted writers Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner to write the screenplay for The Amazing Spider-Man 3. Between then and now, writers Kurtzman and Orci had an amicable split with Orci going to focus on the “Star Trek” series while Kurtzman was putting his efforts into the proposed Venom spin-off film.

Now, speaking with IGN, Orci revealed that not only is he no longer officially involved in scripting The Amazing Spider-Man 3 but he’s also unaware of Sony’s plans for the future of the franchise.

“I don’t know what their plans are for that franchise,” Orci said. “I don’t ever want to say never, but we have to figure out what their scheduling is in terms of when they want each movie. I’ve read probably as much as anyone else. There’s a love for the Sinister Six, the idea of Venom — there’s an idea of Spider-Man’s going to be one of these characters that’s part of our business. He’s such a popular character. Spider-Man’s not going to go away any time soon. When it all happens and how and all that has yet to be determined.”

Currently, The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is set for release on June 10, 2016 with Venom and The Sinister Six spin-offs also in the pipeline. The most recent entry in the franchise, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, is set for release on DVD and Blu-ray on August 19.