It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: X-Force Movie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:41 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Is an X-Force Movie Being Planned?

by SuperHeroHype

July 12, 2013

UPDATE: Following this story, X-Force creator Rob Leifeld said on Twitter that he has known since March that the film is being planned but that no greenlight has been ordered yet. The original story follows:

Within the next ten months, we will see two new X-Men films pop up, The Wolverine in just a few weeks and X-Men: Days of Future Past on May 23, 2014. But what does the future hold? X-MenFilms.com has discovered that 20th Century Fox has registered the domain name X-ForceMovie.com. While this is not official confirmation on the matter, it does at least imply that the studio is thinking of expanding the X-Men films into areas they've yet to explore.

Described as the "militant" and "more aggressive" counter part to the X-Men, X-Force was first launched in the early '90s by creators Fabian Nicieza and Rob Liefeld. The original team consisted of many fan favorite characters including Cable, Cannonball, Domino, Warpath, and Deadpool, but later incarnations have featured Wolverine, Psylocke, Sunspot, and Colossus. Liefeld has spoken previously about Cable appearing in future X-Men films, and it looks like it might be his time to shine.

Do you want to see an X-Force movie happen? Sound off below!

Post subject: Re: X-Force Movie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jeff Wadlow to Write and Likely Direct X-Force

by SuperHeroHype

July 12, 2013

Just hours after we first posted news of a potential X-Force feature film, series creator Rob Liefeld confirmed that such a project was in development. Now, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that it's Kick-Ass 2 helmer Jeff Wadlow who's attached to provide the screenplay for the project and is frontrunner to direct as well.

As to how X-Force will tie into 20th Century Fox's upcoming The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past remains to be seen, but expect some major announcements next week at Comic-Con International San Diego.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:05 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I'd actually like this if they go with the original line-up. Especially as Cannonball is one of my favorite characters. Just as long as they keep Liefeld as far away as possible.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Jeff Wadlow Updates on X-Force Script

by SuperHeroHype

July 20, 2013

The announcement came last week that Kick-Ass 2 writer/director Jeff Wadlow would be bringing Marvel's X-Force to life on the big screen. But how far is he into the film's script?

“I’m pretty deep into it,” Wadlow told Cinema Blend. “I have the whole story completely worked out. I’m about 20 pages into my draft. If I wasn’t promoting Kick-Ass, I would probably have a draft [already], but Kick-Ass is going to slow me down just a little.”

When asked about the importance of the team's leader, Cable, Wadlow responded: "Here’s the thing, I love the current run of Uncanny X-Force. I love the classic run. Part of my take was addressing this idea that X-Force can be many different things, and that’s what got the studio excited. I think the fans will be excited, too.”

Described as the "militant" and "more aggresive" counter part to the X-Men, X-Force was first launched in the early '90s by Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza. The original team consisted of many fan favorite characters including Cable, Cannonball, Domino, Warpath, and Deadpool, but later incarnations have featured Wolverine, Psylocke, Sunspot, and Colossus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jeff Wadlow Continues to Tease X-Force Movie

by SuperHeroHype

August 06, 2013

Kick-Ass 2 writer/director Jeff Wadlow has already spoken at length about the upcoming film version of X-Force. Speaking with Bleeding Cool today, Wadlow added a few more interesting details about what he is doing with the film.

"Tonally it will fit in, quite well with all the other movies… but then I think the other movies cover a wide range of tones. It’s certainly not going to be tonally similar to Kick-Ass...I hope it will have what fans of X-Force will expect. I think it will be a little edgier, I think you’ll see some characters with different takes on what it means to be a mutant. There will be some grey areas that the movies haven’t yet been explored. It won’t be as “overt.” This movie is more about the grey areas in between. I’m going to take some big ideas from the X-universe and flip them, I think in an interesting way."

Wadlow is currently "very deep" into the script and could likely direct the film according to previous reports.

Described as the "militant" and "more aggresive" counter part to the X-Men, X-Force was first launched in the early '90s by Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza. The original team consisted of many fan favorite characters including Cable, Cannonball, Domino, and Warpath, but later incarnations have featured Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool, and Colossus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 pm 

I have NO problem if they want to mix the teams up. Old & new. Give me a big movie cast with Cable, Cannonball, Sunspot, Domino, Warpath, Psylocke, Archangel and Fantomex. Just so long as this doesn't become yet another "Wolverine and..." movie. I love Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. I hate the thought of this getting turned that way.

Put them up against Apocalypse and it's perfect. You have two automatic tie-ins with Cable & Archangel. The rest of the script almost writes itself.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:36 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I have a feeling it'll end up looking a lot more like the recent X-force then the New Mutants makeover from the 90's. That would be the one I'd be more interested in, anyway.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:56 pm 

Oh don't get me wrong Shell, I love Remender's version. That's why so many of them are included in my list. I'm just dreading but resigned to the fact that the cast is probably going to look more like this:

Ultimate Cable (Wolverine/Old Man Logan)
Deadpool
Warpath (already in Future Past)
Psylocke

and either Domino, Colossus or Archangel depending on which way they want to go.

*sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:03 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

THe could throw in Nightcrawler- as well-- hasnt alan cummings changed his tune and said hed love to come back for the role..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 pm 

Yes, but he's dead in the comics for the moment, and to me he isn't in that core group of either the original team OR the Remender team.

For me, the main parts of the original team were: Cable, Cannonball, Warpath, Shatterstar, Domino, Feral and Boom-Boom.

And the Remender line-up, the more recent one I think Wolverine, Deadpool, Psylocke, Archangel, Fantomex, Warpath and X-23.

But of course, that's just my view. I know there were other members, but Rictor and Siryn I more closely associate with X-Factor, and Sunspot never stuck around long lol...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:42 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well I meant the AOA Nightcrawler that joined the team.

And I would include Siryn in that original Team list she was there longer than Feral I belive-- and saying that she is more associated with X-Factor-- would be saying that M was more associated with X-Factor as well (she will always be a Gen X'er first and foremost..)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:36 am 

When I went back through my X-Force issues you're right about Siryn. She was around longer. But I guess it comes to a certain view, because for me X-Factor did far more to advance her character - and M's - than X-Force or Gen X ever did. :D

And AoA Nightcrawler - to me - still doesn't seem as much of a core member as the others. But that's just my take on it. He just never seemed to be in that nucleus.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Rob Liefeld Praises the X-Force Script

by SuperHeroHype

December 03, 2013

Following word earlier this year of an X-Force film being in development at 20th Century Fox comes a brief update from the mutant team's original creator, Rob Liefeld. Liefeld took to his Twitter account today to praise Jeff Wadlow's most recent draft of the screenplay.

"Every film needs a proper script b4 they can cast & shoot," Liefeld writes. "1st mission accomplished for X-Force-When the casting begins we can scream together"

He goes on to laud Wadlow's approach to the characters, which he hints will maintain a balanced roster from throughout the book's long and varied history.

"X-Force cast/film will please/appeal to fans of all eras," he adds, "Wadlow carefully, cleverly navigates the legacy."

Described as the "militant" and "more aggressive" counter part to the X-Men, X-Force was first launched in the early '90s by Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza. The original team consisted of many fan favorite characters including Cable, Cannonball, Domino, Warpath, and Deadpool, but later incarnations have featured Wolverine, Psylocke, Sunspot, and Colossus.

The most recent X-Men film, The Wolverine arrives on DVD and Blu-ray today while the next, X-Men: Days of Future Past, is scheduled for a theatrical release on May 23, 2014.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:15 am 
Loose, Missing Package

But is Liefeld's praise a good thing?... Would he know a good script if he read it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:50 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Jim_Abell wrote:
But is Liefeld's praise a good thing?... Would he know a good script if he read it?

He certainly wouldn't know good heroic anatomy if he saw it.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.