It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Carrie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Megan Fox Pursuing Lead Role in Carrie?

Source: ShockTillYouDrop

May 24, 2011

She's played a demonic force, now Jennifer's Body star Megan Fox is interested in playing the role of Carrie White in Screen Gems' forthcoming redo of the Stephen King novel.

Showbiz Spy sources (probably Fox's reps just trying to drum up buzz) say: "Megan is a huge fan of the original and would love the chance to play the lead. She's 25 now but she's sure she could still do justice to teenage Carrie. She's told her people to make it happen."

Fox is admittedly a fangirl who likes the genre and comic books, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was interested. Whether Fox will actually get her wish is another story.

Post subject: Re: Carrie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chloe Moretz Confirmed for Carrie

Source: ComingSoon

March 27, 2012

Chloe Moretz has confirmed, via her Twitter feed, that she'll play the title role of Carrie White in Kim Peirce's upcoming remake of the Stephen King novel, Carrie.

"Never been so happy in my life!" Moretz tweeted. "Thank you Kim Pierce and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime i will never forget!"

Released in 1974, Carrie was King's first published novel and tells the story of a high school girl who, through telekinetic powers, takes revenge on peers that have mocked her.

Most famously adapted for the screen by Brian De Palma in 1976, Carrie received a sequel in 1999 and a made-for-TV adaptation in 2002. The story was also the basis for a famously-troubled Broadway adaptation in 1988.

The new version of Carrie, to be scripted by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, is said to be less a remake of the De Palma film and more a re-adaptation of the original text.

Moretz, best known for roles in films like Hugo, Kick-Ass and Let Me In, will soon appear on the big screen again in Tim Burton's Dark Shadows.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Wow what's this like the 4th time they've remade this film?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Carrie Set for March 15, 2013 Release

April 12, 2012

It was revealed late last month that Chloe Moretz will be playing the title role in Kim Peirce's upcoming remake of the Stephen King novel, Carrie. The project, from director Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don't Cry, Stop-Loss) is now set for release on March 15, 2013.

Released in 1974, Carrie was King's first published novel and tells the story of a high school girl who, through telekinetic powers, takes revenge on peers that have mocked her.

Most famously adapted for the screen by Brian De Palma in 1976, Carrie received a sequel in 1999 and a made-for-TV adaptation in 2002. The story was also the basis for a famously-troubled Broadway adaptation in 1988.

The new version of Carrie, to be scripted by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, is said to be less a remake of the De Palma film and more a re-adaptation of the original text.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Julianne Moore Offered Carrie Role

April 27, 2012

Julianne Moore has been offered the role of Margaret White in Kim Peirce's upcoming remake of the Stephen King novel, Carrie, Deadline reports. Margaret is the mother of the titular Carrie White, who will be played by Chloe Moretz.

Moore recently starred in the drama Being Flynn and is set to appear in Joseph Gordon-Levitt's still-untitled directorial debut. She would step into some big shoes with the Carrie role; Piper Laurie received an Oscar nomination for her portrayal of Margaret White in the 1976 film.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: Chloe Moretz Offers a Carrie Update

April 28, 2012

Already a familiar talent to horror fans for her vampiric turn in Matt Reeves' Let Me In, Chloe Moretz teams with director Tim Burton for the upcoming Dark Shadows and ComingSoon.net had a chance to speak with the young star. We'll have the full interview available soon, but we also got a few details about Moretz's upcoming role as the titular Carrie in Kimberly Peirce's big screen remake.

"I start that June 1st," says Moretz. "...It's going to be very well done. I don't want to jinx it, but [Peirce] is a genius, genius, genius director. I would never do it with someone that I don't trust. I trust her more than a lot of the directors I've worked with. She's the right woman for the job."

Released in 1974, "Carrie" was Stephen King's first published novel and tells the story of a high school girl who, through telekinetic powers, takes revenge on peers that have mocked her. Though Brian De Palma directed a highly-acclaimed film version in 1976, Moretz says that Peirce's take sticks more closely to King's text.

"I'm actually not looking at the original," she says, "even though De Palma's movie was one of the best movies ever made. It's completely iconic and I'm proud to be able to be doing a retooling of it. We're kind of going off the book. It's darker and much more psychological. More 'Black Swan.' You're really looking into her mind and it really looks into the relationship of Margaret and Carrie. It's set in modern time, so it's a lot different."

The role of Margaret White (Carrie's mother) was played by Piper Laurie in De Palma's version, earning the actress an Academy Award nomination. Last week, word broke that Julianne Moore had been offered the part for the new film.

Most intriguing of Moretz's comments about the upcoming project was the hint that her Carrie White would offer a very different look for her, physically.

"It's something that's very different from me," Moretz says of Carrie's wardrobe. "It's an out of body thing. I'm becoming a totally different person for it. I'm letting go of all of my self-esteem issues and just kind of going into it. You have to."

Although shooting won't begin for another month, Moretz and Peirce have already been impressed with the outpouring of fan support and, in particular, the fan-made poster pictured below. Designed by Pierre-Luc Boucher, the teaser was posted to his Deviant Art page and soon found its way to Peirce.

"That was a cool poster!" Moretz laughs. "Kim sent that to me. She said, 'Oh my god, you've got to look at this. It's really, really, really cool!' We both felt so pumped. Now we're chomping at the bit to get in there."

Carrie is scheduled for release on March 15, 2013. Check back for updates as they become available and catch Dark Shadows in theaters on May 11th.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:48 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: Sissy Spacek Thrilled by Potential for New Carrie

Source: ComingSoon, ShockTillYouDrop.com

May 4, 2012

Earlier today, ComingSoon.net had a chance to talk to Oscar-winning actress Sissy Spacek about her new memoir "My Extraordinary Ordinary Life," which is released this week. While we plan on running that interview sometime next week, we were surprised to learn that she hadn't been asked about MGM's planned new movie based on Stephen King's Carrie, being that the 1976 Brian De Palma movie was a breakout for her.

It would probably be a racier story if Spacek hated the idea of them doing a remake but like with everything else, she had a great attitude about the whole thing, including the idea of 15-year-old Chloe Moretz taking on the difficult title role (which she talked to us about last week.)

"I think she's a wonderful actress," Spacek said and got even more excited when she learned that Julianne Moore would be playing the Piper Laurie role of Carrie's mother. "That's great!" she exclaimed.

"They hired a really wonderful director, very talented," she continued. "It'll be interesting. Our film, it is what it is what it is, and it stood the test of time, but I think that's great, it's like an homage not only to the book but to the film, not only to Stephen King but to Brian De Palma. It's been made many times. There have been several television movies, 'Carrie 2,' two musicals! I remember thinking the first time there was a musical on Broadway, 'Oh my Gosh! The people who ordinarily go to the theaters, that's not really the audience.' The first audience of 'Carrie' has aged now, so I think out of curiosity, I think it's cool. As I understand it, they're not remaking our film; they're going back to the source material, to the book."

And Ms. Spacek even suggested she'll probably go to see that movie whenever it comes out, so if that isn't a ringing endorsement, then we don't know what is.

Look for the rest of our interview with Ms. Spacek talking about "My Extraordinary Ordinary Life" (available now at all the finest booksellers) and other aspects of her career next week.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Julianne Moore Confirmed As Carrie's Mom, Actress Circles Sue Snell

by ShockTillYouDrop

May 11, 2012

When the question of: Who will play Carrie's mom in the Carrie remake? came about, it was reportedly down to Julianne Moore and Jodie Foster. Not long ago, we told you Moore was offered the part and, today, Deadline has confirmed that Moore is, in fact, going to co-star alongside Chloe Moretz, who is playing Carrie White. The site adds one more name to the mix - a potential actress to play Sue Snell.

According to Deadline, Gabriella Wilde of The Three Musketeers is in talks to take on the role.

Amy Irving played Sue in Brian De Palma's film and Kandyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica) took on the part in the 2002 made-for-TV flick. Shooting begins on Carrie next month under the direction of Kimberly Peirce.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chronicle Star Added to Carrie Remake Cast

by ShockTillYouDrop

May 16, 2012

Alex Russell and Ansel Elgort will join Chloe Moretz, Julianne Moore and Gabriella Wilde in Screen Gems' remake of Carrie, which is getting set to shoot next month. Russell also starred in this year's Chronicle. Later, you'll see him in the upcoming Bait 3D.

Elgort hails from the Off-Broadway scene. In the film, he'll play one of Carrie's friends who takes her to the prom, says Variety. Russell will play a bully.

Kimberly Peirce is directing this adaptation of Stephen King's novel. Brian De Palma turned it into a film, starring Sissy Spacek, once before in the '70s.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Carrie Remake Adds Two

June 14, 2012

Portia Doubleday and Judy Greer have joined the cast of Kim Peirce's upcoming remake of the Stephen King novel, Carrie, Deadline reports. Doubleday will play the central antagonist, Chris Hargensen and Judy Greer will play gym teacher Miss Desjardin.

Doubleday is best known for roles in Youth in Revolt and Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son while Greer recently appeared in Jeff, Who Lives at Home and The Descendants.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:53 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Moretz: Carrie Remake Has a Black Swan Quality To It

by ShockTillYouDrop

June 15, 2012

Chloe Moretz spoke to Vanity Fair about her upcoming turn in Carrie, a remake being directed by Kimberly Peirce.

“I am changing everything about me - my hair, my look,” the actress told the magazine. “I’m doing my own take on [the character]. The script is totally different from the [original]. It’s more like the book. It’s a more Black Swan version - it messes with your mind. You’ll see things, and you don’t know if you’ve seen them.”

Moretz stars in the redo of the Stephen King novel alongside Julianne Moore, Gabriella Wilde, Alex Russell, Ansel Elgort, Portia Doubleday and Judy Greer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

MGM and Screen Gems' Carrie Reimagining Starts Filming

June 27, 2012

Principal photography has commenced in Toronto, Ontario on the horror film Carrie, it was announced today by MGM and Screen Gems. Director Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don't Cry, Stop-Loss) reimagines Stephen King's best-selling novel for MGM and Screen Gems' take on the enduring genre classic. Starring Chloë Grace Moretz (Hugo), four time Oscar-nominee Julianne Moore (Crazy, Stupid, Love, The Kids are Alright) and Judy Greer (The Descendants), Carrie tells the supernatural tale of a telekinetic teenage girl tormented by her peers. Carrie is slated for a 2013 theatrical release.

The film is described as follows:

The quiet suburb of Chamberlain, Maine is home to the deeply religious and conservative Margaret White (Moore) and her daughter Carrie (Moretz). Carrie is a sweet but meek outcast whom Margaret has sheltered from society. Gym teacher Miss Desjardin (Greer) tries in vain to protect Carrie from local mean girls led by the popular and haughty Chris Hargenson (Portia Doubleday, Youth in Revolt), but only Chris’ best friend, Sue Snell (Gabriella Wilde, The Three Musketeers), regrets their actions. In an effort to make amends, Sue asks her boyfriend, high school heartthrob Tommy Ross (newcomer Ansel Elgort), to take Carrie to prom. Pushed to the limit by her peers at the dance, Carrie unleashes telekinetic havoc. Brian De Palma’s 1976 film version of CARRIE earned Oscar nominations for stars Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie.

Carrie is produced by Kevin Misher (Public Enemies). J. Miles Dale (The Vow) serves as executive producer and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Big Love) wrote the script from King’s original story. The creative team includes Director of Photography Steve Yedlin (Looper), Production Designer Carol Spier (Eastern Promises), Costume Designer Luis Sequeira (The Thing) and Editor Lee Percy (Boys Don't Cry).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:48 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chloe Moretz Spotted on the Carrie Set

June 27, 2012

The film now shooting in Toronto, leading lady Chloe Moretz has been spotted in costume on the set of Kimberly Peirce's Carrie by Splash News Online. Check out her costume below!

"It's something that's very different from me," Moretz said of Carrie White's wardrobe in an interview earlier this year. "It's an out of body thing. I'm becoming a totally different person for it. I'm letting go of all of my self-esteem issues and just kind of going into it. You have to."

Released in 1974, "Carrie" was Stephen King's first published novel and tells the story of a high school girl who, through telekinetic powers, takes revenge on peers that have mocked her. Though Brian De Palma directed a highly-acclaimed film version in 1976, Moretz says that Peirce's take sticks more closely to King's text.

"I'm actually not looking at the original," she explained, "even though De Palma's movie was one of the best movies ever made. It's completely iconic and I'm proud to be able to be doing a retooling of it. We're kind of going off the book. It's darker and much more psychological. More 'Black Swan.' You're really looking into her mind and it really looks into the relationship of Margaret and Carrie. It's set in modern time, so it's a lot different."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Gabriella Wilde's Sue Snell Spotted on the Carrie Set

July 3, 2012

Kimberly Peirce's Carrie remake is currently shooting in Toronto and, today, Egotastic (via ShockTillYouDrop.com) managed to grab some shots of Gabriella Wilde's character, Sue Snell.

Julianne Moore, Judy Greer, Portia Doubleday and Ansel Elgort co-star in the film which is expected to hit theaters on March 15, 2013.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:24 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Greer on Moretz's Performance in the Carrie Remake

July 29, 2012

How good is Chloe Moretz in the new Carrie remake? The jury's still out until the film arrives in theaters early next year, however talk to any of her co-stars and there appears to be praise.

Judy Greer ("Californication") spoke to E! about the film which is currently shooting in Toronto under the direction of Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don't Cry). The actress had plenty to say about Moretz's turn as Carrie White...and the new prom sequence.

"Chloe's performance - and this is literal - has brought me to tears on set. She's made me cry because I find her performance to be incredibly moving. I'm feeling a lot of compassion for her," the actress told the outlet. Greer plays Mrs. Desjardin in the film.

The pig's blood-filled prom sequence has yet to be fimed, but Greer says they'll be shooting that iconic moment in about a week. Based on concept pieces, she describes Peirce's take on the scene as "kind of beautiful. It's really totally jarring and creepy but also in a strange way gorgeous."