It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: X-Files 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:19 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Next X-Files: No Script, but Everyone's "Game"

Source: Shock Till You Drop

January 12, 2011

After the truly strange and misguided X-Files: I Want to Believe, are audiences ready for another film culled from The X-Files mythology? It doesn't matter, the X-Files team is ready and they're awaiting on the studio (Fox).

Duchovny, who was quoted in the foreign press saying a script is being written (that turned out to be false), spoke to Showbiz Spy about the possibility of the next film and he said that Chris Carter and Gillian Anderson are "game."

"We're all like this little X-Files family and I, for one, would love to continue. And I think there’s a lot left in the show. You know? And I think we can continue to make good movies. It's just a matter of spending enough on a movie that can compete in the summertime. We made a movie and released it in the summer, but it wasn't really a blockbuster movie. And it got kind of overshadowed by the bigger ones. So, we’re saying, make us big. We'll fight with the big boys."

If Chris Carter were to follow through on the X-Files mythology, he could "go big" by throwing Mulder and Scully into a full-scale alien invasion that the series said would always occur in 2012.

Plenty of alien fare is hitting the screen this year and 2012 is less than 12 months away at this point...

Post subject: Re: X-Files 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chris Carter Talks Third X-Files Movie, Says He Wants to Cast Simon Pegg

by SuperHeroHype

August 27, 2013

X-Files fans have been clamoring after a third film in the series for a long time and every time the subject is brought up, the stars and creators always say they'd love to do it. Be that as it may, the decision still lies with 20th Century Fox and they've yet to say one way or the other about a third film. That doesn't stop series creator Chris Carter from talking about it though.

In an interview with Empire, he had this to say about a potential third X-Files film: "I think all of us are interested in putting the band back together. I have an idea for a third movie in my head. The colonisation date has passed and that is something we wouldn't ignore. For the second movie, we only had the budget for a standalone story, but we want to go back to the mythology."

Furthermore, though Carter said that should a third film get made, he wants to make an addition to the cast - Simon Pegg.

"Gillian [Anderson] worked with Simon Pegg on a movie and told me that he was a big fan. We actually thought about putting him in the second movie, but there was no part for him. I certainly would think about him if we were to go forward in any way."

What do you think? Do you want to see a third X-Files movie? Who should Simon Pegg play in the film? Sound off below!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:16 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I would have about ten years ago. Now, I don't think I care anymore.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:29 am 
5" Scale

I would only be interested in seeing a third film if Chris Carter and the cast approached it as if it were the last X-Files project ever and that they were gonna wrap up EVERYTHING important to do with the mythology. We got a crappy series finale with no resolution anticipating feature films that never came and even when one DID come down the pike Carter wasted it on a monster of the week type story. Unless Carter is FINALLY ready to give fans closure I think Fox should pass on it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:36 pm 
3 3/4"

Shellhead wrote:
I would have about ten years ago. Now, I don't think I care anymore.

Agreed. The mother ship sped off long ago.