It is currently Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marvel's Iron Fist
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:51 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel’s Iron Fist Lands Showrunner in Scott Buck

SuperHeroHype

Dec 07, 2015

Marvel’s Iron Fist, the fourth Marvel Studios Netflix series, has today announced that Scott Buck has signed on as showrunner and executive producer. Scott Buck is best known for his work on series like “Dexter,” “Six Feet Under” and “Rome”. On “Dexter,” Scott Buck served as showrunner for the series’ final four seasons.

“Scott came in with a take on Iron Fist that quite simply knocked us off our feet,” says Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “We always look for the most creative minds in the field to help us bring our heroes to life, and with Scott we’ve found someone that can deliver yet another great series in the ongoing story of The Defenders.”

“I’ve always been drawn to writing complex, intriguing characters,” says Scott Buck, “and that’s what most excites me about the opportunity to bring Danny Rand and Iron Fist to life with Marvel on Netflix.”

The Iron Fist series sees Daniel Rand returning to New York City after being missing for years. There, he fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

Marvel’s Iron Fist is the fourth series as part of an overall deal between Marvel Television and Netflix, which has already released the critically-acclaimed first seasons of Marvel’s Daredevil and Marvel’s Jessica Jones, with Marvel’s Luke Cage premiering in 2016. All four heroes will then unite in the mini-series event Marvel’s The Defenders.

Post subject: Re: Marvel's Iron Fist
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Game of Thrones Star Finn Jones is Marvel’s Iron Fist!

SuperHeroHype

Feb 25, 2016

Defenders assemble! After many long months with no word, Iron Fist has emerged from the city of K’un-Lun! First reported by That Hashtag Show, EW has confirmed the news that Game of Thrones star Finn Jones has been cast as Danny Rand, AKA the title hero in Marvel’s Iron Fist, their fourth original Netflix series.

Created by Roy Thomas, Gil Kane, and Bill Everett, Iron Fist is among the many master martial artists having grown up in the immortal city of K’un-Lun. Heir to the Rand Corporation, Danny uses his family’s wealth to help the poor in New York City. Danny has also been a consistent ally for Luke Cage as the pair started the Heroes for Hire business together.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:19 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Finn Jones Confirmed for Marvel’s Iron Fist

SuperHeroHype

Mar 17, 2016

After being widely reported in the media last month, Marvel and Netflix have now officially announced that Finn Jones (“Game of Thrones”) will star in Marvel’s Iron Fist, the newest series coming soon only to Netflix. Check out the gallery below for the first teaser image via the official Iron Fist Twitter account.

Jones will play Daniel Rand, who returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

“Danny Rand is a very complicated character. He’s a billionaire New York Buddhist monk martial arts superhero who’s still trying to figure out what exactly that all means,” said Executive Producer and showrunner, Scott Buck. “Finn is able to play all these levels in such an honest, revelatory way that as soon as I saw him I knew he was our Danny.”

“Finn wonderfully blends confidence with vulnerability, making him the perfect choice as he struggles to find his place in the world,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel TV, Jeph Loeb. “Now that we’ve found our Danny Rand, we’ve completed our principal cast for the upcoming ‘Defenders’ on Netflix and we are thrilled to continue to show audiences unexplored corners of the Marvel Universe.”

Finn will next be seen in the upcoming season of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” where he reprises his role of Ser Loras Tyrell. He is also known for his work on the British series “Hollyoaks” and “Hollyoaks Later.”

Marvel’s Iron Fist is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:43 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel’s Iron Fist Sets Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing

SuperHeroHype

Apr 01, 2016

Marvel and Netflix have locked a key Iron Fist role with the addition of Jessica Henwick. The Game of Thrones actress will play Marvel’s Colleen Wing, joining a cast set to be headlined by Finn Jones, with whom she co-stars on the HBO fantasy drama. Below, you can also check out a teaser image that Marvel posted on the show’s official Twitter account.

Marvel’s Iron Fist, the newest Marvel Cinematic Universe series coming soon only to Netflix, follows Danny Rand (Jones), who returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

Colleen Wing made her first comic book appearance in 1974’s “Marvel Premiere” #19. Raised in Japan by her grandfather, Colleen Wing trained as a samurai. As an adult, Wing moved to New York City where her father, Professor Lee Wing, worked at Columbia University. When his Oriental studies led to the professor being targeted by the deadly Cult of Kara Kai, both Wings crossed paths with Iron Fist for the first time. It was soon thereafter that Colleen Wing’s life was saved by Misty Knight. Becoming best friends, the pair formed a private detective agency, Knightwing Restorations, Ltd. Thanks to a moniker from Rand, however, Knight and Wing soon became better known as the “Daughters of the Dragon.”

“I’m very excited to have Jessica as our Colleen Wing,” says Executive Producer and Showrunner, Scott Buck. “She’s shown us that she can bring both a sense of quiet strength as well as an engaging vulnerability to the character.”

“Jessica brings both a youthful vitality mixed with a strong sense of authority crucial to the character,” adds Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “And as anyone who’s seen her in ‘Game of Thrones’ can attest, she can throw down with the best of them, making her the perfect Colleen Wing.”

It was announced last year that Simone Missick is set to make her debut as Misty Knight on the upcoming Marvel’s Luke Cage, which hits Netflix September 30. Given the character’s history, it’s a pretty safe bet that we’ll be seeing Missick interacting with Jessica Henwick on Iron Fist.

Marvel’s Iron Fist is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:42 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

David Wenham Joins Marvel’s Iron Fist Cast

SuperHeroHype

Apr 11, 2016

Marvel Television has announced that David Wenham (The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, 300) has joined the growing cast of the Netflix Original Series Marvel’s Iron Fist in the role of Harold Meachum.

A ruthless corporate leader, Harold Meachum was partners with Danny Rand’s parents at the time of their deaths. What role he plays in Danny’s past and future will be revealed over the course of the series. In the source material, Meachum is directly responsible for the death of Danny Rand’s father. The character’s daughter, Joy Meachum, was previously mentioned in a teaser image for the series.

“I’m very excited to have David as our Harold Meachum. David is capable of displaying raw, visceral strength as well as extremely keen intelligence,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Scott Buck. “This will add up to a character of complex depth who will keep us off balance all season.”

“David brings both a vulnerability and a danger to his many diverse roles,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “This key quality creates a gravitas our series requires as Danny unravels the secrets behind Rand Enterprises.”

Wenham joins the previously-announced Finn Jones and Jessica Henwick, who will play Danny Rand/Iron Fist and Colleen Wing, respectively.

In Marvel’s Iron Fist, Daniel Rand returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Finn Jones Talks Preparing for Marvel’s Iron Fist

SuperHeroHype

Apr 12, 2016

Danny Rand spent ten years in the mystical city of K’un-Lun in the pages of Marvel Comics, and now Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones is getting a taste of that training himself as he prepares to become the living weapon for the Netflix original series, Marvel’s Iron Fist. Speaking with EW, Jones reveals he’s in the middle of training now and hasn’t yet tried on the iconic costume.

“At the moment I’m in the physical preparation for the role. Every day for the last month, I start my day with about two and a half hours of martial arts – which is kung fu and wushu mixed with a bit of tai chi, and other stuff as well. In the afternoon I’ll do weight training with a trainer to bulk me up and get my physically right for the part. And in evenings I’ve been doing meditation classes and learning buddhist philosophies.”

Jones went on to talk about what drew him to the character and what will make him interesting on screen.

“I love the character. What really drew me was the character and the story. I really enjoy how he’s a superhero with a real heart but has spiritual elements as well. I think it’s going to be an exciting character to play because there’s this contradiction of on one hand he’s from a very wealthy family, he’s a billionaire, on the other hand he’s been in this world of K’un-Lun for a long time where he’s learned kung fu and buddhist philosophy. There’s a contradiction in those elements that’s going to be really fun to play.”

Jones leads the cast of the series as Danny Rand, The Immortal Iron Fist. He’s joined by Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing and David Wenham as Harold Meachum. The series is being executive produced by Scott Buck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:34 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jessica Stroup and Tom Pelphrey Board Marvel’s Iron Fist

SuperHeroHype

Apr 18, 2016

Marvel and Netflix have announced today two new additions to the cast of their upcoming Iron Fist series. The Following‘s Jessica Stroup and Banshee‘s Tom Pelphrey will play Rand Enterprise’s sibling pair of Joy and Ward Meachum. You can check out a teaser image released by the show’s official twitter account at the bottom of this page. Marvel’s official character description for the sibling pair reads as follows:

The children of Harold Meachum (David Wenham), Joy and Ward have spent their lives building Rand Enterprises to its current standing in the world, only to have all their work put in jeopardy when Danny returns to claim his birthright.

“With the terrific addition of the very talented Jessica and Tom, we’ve now brought the entire Meachum family together,” says Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “While Marvel couldn’t be happier, Danny’s mission just got a lot more complicated.”

“I’m very happy to have Jessica and Tom as our Joy and Ward Meachum,” adds Executive Producer and Showrunner Scott Buck. “Much like Danny Rand’s past is a mystery to us, we’ll discover along the way that the Meachum children have intriguing secrets of their own.”

Jessica Stroup and Tom Pelphrey join a cast that also includes Finn Jones as Danny Rand and Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing.