It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fast 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Furious 8 is Coming in April 2017!

By ComingSoon

April 23, 2015

With Furious 7 already having earned $1.158 billion at the worldwide box office, it’s no surprise that Vin Diesel just took to the stage at CinemaCon and announced that Furious 8 is coming to theaters on April 14, 2017!

Furious 7 marks Universal’s first film to achieve $1 billion during its initial release, with 1993’s Jurassic Park having reached $1.044 billion after the 3D re-release in 2013. Furious 7 has earned an estimated $857.9 million overseas and an estimated $300.5 million in North America.

Furious 7’s 17 day climb to $1 billion marked a new record for the fastest film to reach that milestone (The Avengers, Avatar and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 crossed $1 billion in 19 days). The only original live-action film franchise to achieve this magnitude of box office success, Furious 7 has propelled the “Fast & Furious” series past $3 billion worldwide.

Post subject: Re: Furious 8
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

The Fast and The Furious 8 / 24 Jun 2015

Jason Statham Will Return for Furious 8

He really does know the definition of nemesis.

By Nathan Lawrence

Jason Statham is coming back for another round of The Fast and the Furious franchise.

Speaking with Access Hollywood, Statham revealed he'll be returning for the inevitable next entry in the series.

"We're already talking about doing another one. Part eight. I'm a newcomer. I just got invited to the party in this last one, so it's nice to know I'm going to be doing another."

Furious 8 has been talked about a bunch since the box-office success of Furious 7, which has grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide.

Vin Diesel has said it will be set in New York, and there's a rumour that Eva Mendes will be returning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Furious 8 Locations Could Include Russia, Iceland and Cuba

By ComingSoon

January 6, 2016

The Fast and the Furious series has been known for its globe-hopping. Though the action started in the streets of Los Angeles with the first film, the crew has traveled to Miami, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro and Abu Dhabi among many other locations, and now they’re preparing for a previously-closed off location.

Both Variety and THR bring word that Universal Pictures is in the process of gaining permission to shoot a scene for the upcoming Furious 8 in Cuba, making it the first Hollywood studio film to shoot in the country since the 1960s.

“Universal Pictures is currently in the process seeking approval from the United States and Cuban governments to explore shooting a portion of the next installment of the Fast & Furious series in Cuba,” the studio wrote in a statement.

Principal photography on the film will take place in both New York and Atlanta, Georgia with THR revealing that two other possible locations for the film could be the previously-unexplored Russia and Iceland.

Series star Vin Diesel announced Furious 8 at last year’s CinemaCon after the unprecedented success of the seventh film, which earned $1.515 billion at the worldwide box office, and he along with Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson and Kurt Russell are expected to return, along with franchise regulars Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Elsa Pataky and Lucas Black reprising their roles as street racers-turned-international criminals-turned-super-secret agents.

To be directed by F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton, The Italian Job), Universal Pictures will deliver Furious 8 for an April 14, 2017 release. The film will be the start of a new trilogy that will close out the franchise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fast 8 to Blow Up Iceland

By ComingSoon

January 26, 2016

It was reported previously that Universal Pictures was looking into Cuba, Russia and Iceland to serve as locations for their upcoming sequel Fast 8. Although the majority of filming is expected to take place in New York and Atlanta, Visir (via Iceland Review) reports that an Iceland shoot is indeed forthcoming, and that the increasingly globe-hopping franchise isn’t coming there for a Bjork concert but to blow up a significant chunk of the country.

According to the article, Mayor Regína Ásvaldsdóttir confirmed that her West Iceland harbor town of Akranes (sitting about 28 miles north of Reykjavík) will play host to Vin Diesel and company in April. The shooting will entail the “largest explosion ever in Iceland,” which is not hard to believe considering the increasing scope of destruction and mayhem in the Fast & Furious franchise. We wouldn’t expect any less from what has turned into a “James Bond-on-wheels” series, despite claims that part 8 could return the crew to their street-racing roots.

To be directed by F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton, The Italian Job), Universal Pictures will deliver Fast 8 for an April 14, 2017 release.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:18 pm 
not exactly street legal

Is there any rhyme or reason as to which movie titles in the franchise get the "Fast" or the "Furious" designations? Are the Fast movies faster and the Furious movies more furious? Are the ones with "Fast and Furious" in the title a little of both? I've always wondered.

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fast and Furiosa? Charlize Theron Eyes Fast 8 Villain Role!

By ComingSoon

February 9, 2016

Having proven herself rather deadly behind the wheel in last year’s Mad Max: Fury Road, Charlize Theron is reportedly eyeing the Fast 8 villain role. Variety reports that the Academy Award-winning actress has entered talks to star in director F. Gary Gray’s upcoming entry in the Universal Pictures franchise.

Fast 8 is set to hit theaters April 14, 2017 and is planned to launch a new trilogy of films. Whether or not that means multiple films for the Fast 8 villain remains to be seen. Fast 8 will be followed by a ninth film to be released April 19, 2019 and a tenth film planned to hit theaters April 2, 201. Fast and Furious 8, 9 and 10 aren’t the only films new that Universal has planned for the franchise, either. It was recently revealed that plans are underway for both Fast and Furious spinoffs and prequels.

Vin Diesel is confirmed to return for Fast 8 with franchise regulars Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Elsa Pataky and Lucas Black reprising their roles as street racers-turned-international criminals-turned-super-secret agents. Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson and Kurt Russell are expected to return as well.

Principal photography Fast 8 is planned to take place in both New York and Atlanta, Georgia. Recent reports suggest that two other possible locations for the film could be the previously-unexplored Russia and Iceland.

Theron is currently shooting director David Leitch’s The Coldest City and is attached to headline The Gray Man at Sony Pictures. A gender swapped take on Mark Greaney’s 2009 thriller novel, The Gray Man has Captain America: Civil War helmers Joe and Anthony Russo attached to helm.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:34 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fast & Furiosa! Charlize Theron Officially Joins Fast 8!

By ComingSoon

April 7, 2016

It’s official! After much rumoring, Universal Pictures has confirmed that Oscar winner and expert wheel-woman Charlize Theron (Mad Max: Fury Road, Monster) will be playing the villain in the upcoming Fast 8! This comes after yesterday’s news that Game of Thrones star Kristofer Hivju will play one of said villain’s henchmen. Besides her expert war rig driving in last year’s Mad Max sequel, Theron previously did some heavy driving for Fast 8 helmer F. Gary Gray on 2003’s remake of The Italian Job.

Gray is directing the April 14, 2017 release, which is planned to launch a new trilogy of films. Fast 8 will be followed by a ninth film to be released April 19, 2019 and a tenth film planned to hit theaters April 2, 2021. Fast and Furious 8, 9 and 10 aren’t the only films new that Universal has planned for the franchise, either. It was recently revealed that plans are underway for both Fast and Furious spinoffs and prequels.

The cast is confirmed to include franchise regulars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Elsa Pataky and Lucas Black reprising their roles as street racers-turned-international criminals-turned-super-secret agents. Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson and Kurt Russell are expected to return as well.

Principal photography for Fast 8 is planned to take place in both New York and Atlanta, Georgia. Recent reports suggest that two other possible locations for the film could be the previously-unexplored Russia and Iceland.

Theron will next be seen in Universal’s The Huntsman: Winter’s War, which opens on in the U.S. on April 22.

Post subject: Re: Fast 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Suicide Squad’s Scott Eastwood Joins Fast 8 Cast

By ComingSoon

April 11, 2016

Universal Pictures has announced that Suicide Squad co-star Scott Eastwood has been added to the upcoming Fast 8 cast! The son of Clint Eastwood will be playing a protégé of Kurt Russell’s Mr. Nobody.

Besides his work in this summer’s Suicide Squad, Eastwood has supporting roles in Oliver Stone’s Snowden and Ben Affleck’s Live by Night.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:43 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Helen Mirren Joins the Fast 8 Cast!

By ComingSoon

June 15, 2016

Helen Mirren has talked previously about wanting to be part of the “Fast & Furious” franchise and now it is actually happening. Speaking to Elle, the actress confirmed that she has joined the Fast 8 cast! Asked if she is a fan of cars, she said:

“Well, yes. I’ve always rather loved driving. I said, ‘I’ll be in it, but only if I’m allowed to drive if I do drive in it.’ But we’ll see. We’ll see how it transpires. Film is a wonderful thing and it can be so many different things. I don’t want to turn my back on any of the different ways movies can be. I love the movies. I love going to the films. I like very serious films, I love foreign films, and I love big, fun movies–as long as they’re well made and they’ve got good scripts. That’s the most important thing.”

Back in March of 2015, Helen Mirren revealed her wish to Yahoo! Movies: “My great ambition is to be in a Fast and Furious movie. I so want to be a mad driver in a Fast and Furious movie. My claim to fame is I always do my own driving — I was on Top Gear, and I did [my lap] in a very good time. I keep putting it out there, and they never ask me. I’ll be in Fast and Furious 8. I have to say Vin Diesel is brilliant. I love Vin Diesel. He’s a great guy, smart — I love him. It’s partly because of him I’d like to be in one, but also the driving. I’d also love to do another Red-type movie, because those are such fun to do.”

Later that year, Vin Diesel also supported Helen Mirren being part of the franchise to MTV: “They’ve gotta get in line behind Helen Mirren. She is on the list. Be careful what you wish for, Helen.”

Directed by Straight Outta Compton helmer F. Gary Gray, Fast 8 is planned to launch a new trilogy of films. Fast 8 will be followed by a ninth film to be released April 19, 2019 and a tenth film planned to hit theaters April 2, 2021. Fast and Furious 8, 9 and 10 aren’t the only films new that Universal has planned for the franchise, either. It was recently revealed that plans are underway for both Fast and Furious spinoffs and prequels.

The Fast 8 cast is confirmed to include franchise regulars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Elsa Pataky, Nathalie Emmanuel and Lucas Black reprising their roles as street racers-turned-international criminals-turned-super-secret agents. Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson and Kurt Russell are confirmed to return as well. Charlize Theron is confirmed to play the villain, with Kristofer Hivju as one of her henchmen. Scott Eastwood will be playing a protégé of Russell’s Mr. Nobody.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Fast 8 Cars Revealed from the Iceland Set!

By ComingSoon

June 24, 2016

Production continues on the upcoming eighth Fast and Furious film and Universal Pictures has released some new photos of the Fast 8 cars from the shoot in Iceland! Check out the five new Fast 8 cars below!

A Universal Pictures release, Fast 8 is filming in Iceland, New York, Atlanta and Georgia with reports also suggesting that Russia could be utilized as well.

Image Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:36 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Fast 8 Photo Features The Rock on Ice

By ComingSoon

ON June 28, 2016

Production continues on the upcoming eighth Fast and Furious film and Universal Pictures (via The Rock’s Instagram) has released a new Fast 8 photo of Dwayne Johnson from the shoot in Iceland! Check out the photo below!

Directed by Straight Outta Compton helmer F. Gary Gray, Fast 8 is planned to launch a new trilogy of films when it hits theaters on April 14, 2017. Fast 8 will be followed by a ninth film to be released April 19, 2019 and a tenth film planned to hit theaters April 2, 2021. Fast and Furious 8, 9 and 10 aren’t the only films new that Universal has planned for the franchise, either. It was recently revealed that plans are underway for both Fast and Furious spinoffs and prequels.

The Fast 8 cast is confirmed to include franchise regulars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Elsa Pataky, Nathalie Emmanuel and Lucas Black reprising their roles as street racers-turned-international criminals-turned-super-secret agents. Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson and Kurt Russell are confirmed to return as well. Charlize Theron is confirmed to play the villain, with Kristofer Hivju as one of her henchmen. Scott Eastwood will be playing a protégé of Russell’s Mr. Nobody and Dame Hellen Mirren has also joined the cast.

A Universal Pictures release, Fast 8 is filming in Iceland, New York, Atlanta and Georgia with reports also suggesting that Russia could be utilized as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:25 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Dwayne Johnson’s Hobbs Goes to Jail in a New Fast 8 Photo

By ComingSoon

July 11, 2016

Production continues on the upcoming eighth Fast and Furious film and Dwayne Johnson (via his Instagram) has released a new Fast 8 photo. Check out Johnson’s Hobbs in jail below!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Check Out the Toy Shop in a New Fast 8 Set Video

By ComingSoon

July 15, 2016

Production continues on the upcoming eighth Fast and Furious film which means a new “Fast Friday” video from the Fast 8 set, this time featuring the “toy shop” with pretty much every amazing vehicle you can imagine. It’s like Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory for gearheads. Check out the video below!