It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Kick-Ass 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Andy Nyman Joins Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

August 26, 2012

Kick-Ass 2 starts filming in a few weeks and there are still a few spots left in the cast. Andy Nyman confirmed via his website that he will be joining the cast as 'The Tumour,' who joins the group of villains started by Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

He will be joining Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Robert Emms, Morris Chestnut and Lindy Booth in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic.

The sequel will be directed by Never Back Down helmer Jeff Wadlow and will feature a script by Matthew Vaughn. It is scheduled to hit theaters on June 28, 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:38 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mark Millar on the Casting of Jim Carrey in Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

September 05, 2012

Two weeks ago, it was reported that Universal Pictures was in talks with Jim Carrey to play Colonel Stars in Kick-Ass 2.

While the studio hasn't confirmed the casting, director Jeff Wadlow (Never Back Down) first hinted on Twitter that it was a done deal. On September 1st, he posted: "6 days till we start shooting... and we officially have our Colonel. Alrighty f'n then!"

Creator Mark Millar has followed that up with this post on his Forums about the casting:

Matthew Vaughn, Jeff Wadlow and I did a conference call with Jim a couple of weeks back and we've been itching to talk about this ever since because the energy Jim's going to bring to Colonel Stars has me buzzing as much as Nic Cage with Big Daddy. You have to remember that Big Daddy's role before Cage came on was a much more straightforward bad-ass. It was Nic who gave him that Adam West delivery and brought this incredible warmth to the character, especially with regard to Mindy.

Nic is really good friends with Jim Carrey and it's well known to everyone that Jim loved the first movie. In fact, I think he had lunch with Vaughn the day before that Conan O'Brien kick-Ass/ Superman duet you can see in the link. So we've been talking very informally about this for a little over two years now. We didn't quite know what Jim was going to be doing in the sequel, but the entire team loves him to bits and I've been a fan since I first saw him. I remember reading an interview with Spielberg, a great one back in Empire for a JAws anniversary, where he was saying that Jim would be his choice for Chief Brodie were he shooting Jaws now. He said he could see the brilliant dramatic range Jim had as well as the comedy people knew him for at that time. For all these reasons, combined with the conversation we had with him on the phone, I'm so genuinely excited about this. I can't wait to see what he does once the cameras are on.

So as you can see from the online reports there's a Hell of a cast shaping up here. The movie runs from Hit-Girl #1 to Kick-Ass 2 #7 and fans of the comic will know that the part of Uncle Ralphie is still to be announced. He's the big-bad from the Hit-Girl series and you, my friends, are in for a treat.

But this is all incredibly cool. Millarworld has had two movies released so far and several in various stages of production right now (another one starts shooting in the New Year). But I think this is the closest to starstruck I've been on anything so far. LOVE Jim Carrey. Can't wait to meet him at Pinewood.

MM

PS A lot of people have been asking what Kick-Ass graphic novels are available in stores and the answer is below...

Kick-Ass 1
Kick-Ass 2
Hit-Girl mini-series.

Hit-Girl bridges the gap between the first two stories and is the first 30 mins of the Kick-Ass 2 movie. Issues 1 and 2 have third printings out this week and issue 3 is out the week after next. Issues 4 and 5, concluding the series, are out in October and November. The series will be collected into a hardcover early in the New Year as Johnny and I move into Kick-Ass 3.

Carrey is joining Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Robert Emms, Yancy Butler and Morris Chestnut in the June 28, 2013 release.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Kick-Ass 2's Mother Russia Revealed

by SuperHeroHype

September 10, 2012

Bleeding Cool has managed to confirm who will playing the role of Mother Russia in Kick-Ass 2 and they've found it to be Russian bodybuilder Olga Kurkulina. Take a look at the teaser photo for the actress below. In the film, the character is the bodyguard of Christopher Mintz-Plasse's Red Mist where he claims she is a former member of Spetsnaz and the KGB.

Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Mintz-Plasse, Jim Carrey, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Robert Emms, Yancy Butler and Morris Chestnut star in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic.

The sequel is being directed by Never Back Down helmer Jeff Wadlow from a script by Matthew Vaughn and hits theaters June 28, 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Aaron Johnson Talks Kick-Ass 2 Adaptation

by SuperHeroHype

September 10, 2012

MTV caught up with Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson and asked him how things are going with the sequel that has just started filming. He offered a lot of vague details about the overarching arc of the film, the costumes, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse's Red Mist.

"I'm back in the wet suit but there are quite a few alterations on others' (costumes) but you'll see that there's not such a transition in him at first but there is a journey that he goes on," said Johnson.

When asked about how far would Mintz-Plasse's Red Mist go in the film as compared to the comic, he offered an answer some may find comforting, "It's pretty surprising the journey he goes on and it's fantastic, a really strong role for him. In the comic books they tackle quite a few disturbing things that I don't think we're going to put in, for the better, but I think it's got more of a narrative in the script."

Johnson is joined by Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jim Carrey, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Robert Emms, Yancy Butler and Morris Chestnut star in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic.

The sequel is being directed by Never Back Down helmer Jeff Wadlow from a script by Matthew Vaughn and hits theaters June 28, 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Official Synopsis for Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

October 16, 2012

We've got the official synopsis for Kick-Ass 2 from Universal Studios and for fans of the comic, it sounds very familiar, though it's dropped the comic book's subtitle.

Kick-Ass, Hit Girl and Red Mist return for the follow-up to 2010's irreverent global hit: Kick-Ass 2. After Kick-Ass' (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation.

When we last saw junior assassin Hit Girl and young vigilante Kick-Ass, they were trying to live as normal teenagers Mindy and Dave. With graduation looming and uncertain what to do, Dave decides to start the world's first superhero team with Mindy. Unfortunately, when Mindy is busted for sneaking out as Hit Girl, she's forced to retire—leaving her to navigate the terrifying world of high-school mean girls on her own. With no one left to turn to, Dave joins forces with Justice Forever, run by a born-again ex-mobster named Colonel Stars and Stripes.

Just as they start to make a real difference on the streets, the world's first super villain, The Mother F%&*^r, assembles his own evil league and puts a plan in motion to make Kick-Ass and Hit Girl pay for what they did to his dad. But there's only one problem with his scheme: If you mess with one member of Justice Forever, you mess with them all.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloë Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison and Jim Carrey star in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic.

Kick-Ass 2 hits theaters on June 28, 2013.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mark Millar Talks Kick-Ass 2 Editing

by SuperHeroHype

November 08, 2012

Mark Millar is a very busy man and fortunately for him, the production for Kick-Ass 2 is in London, so he can pop in whenever he's needed. He wrote an extensive piece on his Millarworld forums about the shooting and editing process of the film. Take a look at an excerpt below.

Let me tell you that yesterday as I was sitting in Eddie Hamilton's edit suite (think James Coburn's apartment in Our Man Flint) I literally for the first time thought this might actually be BETTER than the original. This was a huge moment for me because there is no bigger fan of the first movie than me. I think it's pretty close to perfect. But there's so much in this, the whole thing so rich, that I honestly think this might be the Empire Strikes Back to Star Wars. I'd seen over 40 mins before, but seeing the edited version of the next 20 mins gave me a very comprehensive look for how the finished movie is going to look and I was actually quite shocked. I won't spoil scenes for anyone who hasn't read the source material (the Hit-Girl series and Kick-Ass 2 comic), but there are so many great moments here. Kubrick said that a great movie has eight terrific moments. I lay in bed this morning and counted fourteen genuine movie-moment scenes. You can look at the book and probably guess these, but they're articulated so beautifully. I was really happy when I came away a couple of weeks back, but the Millar Gang and I were ecstatic when we left Eddie's suite yesterday. People are going to LOVE this and we all had a feeling that this was going to go really wide when it opens next June.

He also mentioned those Matthew Vaughn rumors that have been circulating the web.

Caught up with Vaughn yesterday and got a snoop around his new place before we hit his local and talked about everything from the Star Wars rumours to The Secret Service to the Superior movie he bought the rights to last year. As I explained on CBR yesterday, in an interview done last week, Vaughn departed X-Men because our Secret Service project was being copied by a few scripts doing the round and we didn't want anyone to beat us out there with our own idea. Star Wars has since, of course, announced an Episode 7 and he's been touted as a possible director for that movie. All I can say is that if he DOES get picked to helm the next Star Wars there would be nobody with more passion or enthusiasm for the project.

You can read the rest of his Kick-Ass 2 report by clicking here.

In the sequel, after Kick-Ass's insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes, our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist, only the blade-wielding Hit Girl can prevent their annihilation.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloë Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison and Jim Carrey star in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Official Image From Kick-Ass 2!

by SuperHeroHype

January 19, 2013

The first official image from the upcoming Kick-Ass 2 is now online and can be seen in this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly (via Popculturology).

Jim Carrey is featured in the photo along with Kick-Ass himself, Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Carrey plays Colonel Stars and Stripes in the film who invites Kick-Ass to join his group of superheroes called 'Justice Forever.'

After Kick-Ass' insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes, our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl can prevent their annihilation.
Chloë Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo and Donald Faison co-star in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Images of Hit-Girl From Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

January 28, 2013

The first official image from Kick-Ass 2, revealed last week, featured Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Kick-Ass with Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars and Stripes. The ferocious Hit-Girl was noticeably absent, but now there are a few images from the film as featured in the upcoming issue of Empire with the first look at Hit-Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) in the sequel as well as the rest of Kick-Ass' newly formed 'super group,' Justice Forever.

In the sequel, after Kick-Ass' insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes, our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl can prevent their annihilation.
Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo and Donald Faison co-star in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic. Kick-Ass 2 hits theaters on June 28, 2013.

Click on the images for bigger versions!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:02 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Graffiti-Inspired Banner for Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

May 28, 2013

Kick-Ass 2 will land in theaters on August 16 and Universal has released a new banner for the upcoming sequel (via Cine1). Check it out below!

After Kick-Ass' (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation.

Written and directed by Jeff Wadlow, Kick-Ass 2 stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloë Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison and Jim Carrey.

Click on the image to see a bigger version!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:14 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New International Poster for Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

June 19, 2013

Empire has revealed the first international poster for the upcoming Kick-Ass 2 and it features all of the main players in the film. Check it out below!

In the sequel, after Kick-Ass' (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation.

Written and directed by Jeff Wadlow, the film also stars Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo and Donald Faison. Kick-Ass 2 will be released in North American theaters on August 16.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jim Carrey Pans the Violence in Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

June 24, 2013

Jim Carrey surprised many people this weekend when he took to Twitter to decry his upcoming film Kick-Ass 2. Citing the sheer amount of violence in the movie, Carrey appears to have lost any interest in promoting the movie.

"I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence," the actor wrote on his Twitter. "My apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart."

Kick-Ass creator and writer Mark Millar then published a response on his Millarworld forums recounting his excitement in having Carrey board the project and after seeing his completed role in the film. Ultimately, Millar wrote: "Kick-Ass avoids the usual bloodless body-count of most big summer pictures and focuses instead of the CONSEQUENCES of violence, whether it's the ramifications for friends and family or, as we saw in the first movie, Kick-Ass spending six months in hospital after his first street altercation....Ultimately, this is his (Carrey's) decision, but I've never quite bought the notion that violence in fiction leads to violence in real-life any more than Harry Potter casting a spell creates more Boy Wizards in real-life."

"Jim, I love ya and I hope you reconsider for all the above points. You're amazing in this insanely fun picture and I'm very proud of what Jeff, Matthew and all the team have done here."

Written and directed by Jeff Wadlow, the film also stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloë Grace Moretz, Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo and Donald Faison. Kick-Ass 2 will be released in North American theaters on August 16.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:04 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

While I'm inclined to side with Carrey here (Sandy Hook spooked me from too much violence too) I have to wonder why he took the role to begin with. Didn't he see the first one? I understand the idea that SH changed things for him but it still would have been the same film with or without SH happening. Why was he okay with the level of violence before?

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:55 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Justice Forever Wants You as Kick-Ass 2 Goes Viral

by SuperHeroHype

June 28, 2013

Two new viral videos have come online that feature characters from the upcoming Kick-Ass 2 promoting their superhero group "Justice Forever." The first video features Battle Guy (Clark Duke) and Insect Man (Robert Emms) while the second focuses on Doctor Gravity (Donald Faison). Check them both out in the players below!

In the sequel, after Kick-Ass' (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation.

Written and directed by Jeff Wadlow, the film also stars Morris Chestnut and John Leguizamo. Kick-Ass 2 will be released in North American theaters on August 16.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:35 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:44 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC