Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice Looks Pretty Great!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:39 pm 
Unbreakable

I'm glad I clicked on this as I completely forgot about the premier tonight. DVR is now set...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:59 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Well now that it's over...

Spoiler: show
I enjoyed it but certainly not on the level of Justice League yet. Whoever is voicing Robin needs to be replaced. He sounds way off and I could do with less Aqualad. He was cool but they kind of forced him down our throat a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:30 pm 
categorically opposed

Thought it was great. Put a lot of threads out there to be explored throughout the season.

Looking forward to seeing Roy come back as Red Arrow - and I really want to know who Artemis is supposed to be (likely Mia), and if she'll take on the same identity in the comics, since she's apparently an existing character.

Also interested in seeing how they bring the likes of Garth and Wonder Girl (which incarnation) into the fold.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:04 pm 
Brand Manager

I feel you J on Aqualad "He was cool but they kind of forced him down our throat a bit" He is going to be the leader of the group ! I do not really like that all that much. But all and all this will be ALOT better then Teen Titans! I knew that was Gaurdian in the trailer and who is the light ? Overall I am excited!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:08 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Well, I'm going to say it:

This is the cartoon we've been waiting for since JLU left the airwaves.

Awesome animation, good characterization and excellent fight scenes. It's not JLU, but it's not supposed to be. While it's not the classic team, I think it's an excellent update/reimagining of the Teen Titans concept.

We've got to get over JLU. It's not coming back, and we're not going to get all the original voice actors to play our favorite characters as much as we're convinced so and so is the definitive voice for so and so. I'm hoping YJ lasts at least as long as JLU, maybe even longer.

Robin's a bit off. I think he's supposed to be an amalgum of Tim and Dick. All the computer stuff was a bit much, but I have to remind myself this is Earth-16 so classic continuality is out the window. I though Aqualad was excellent. Yes, he's effectively taken Garth's place, but so did Hawkgirl take Aquaman's place in JLU and we all know how well that turned out. I was very pleased with his personality and powerset. A good start for a new character. Kid Flash is a definite homage to Bart. As I'm not a big Flash guy, I have no problem with this. They're at least keeping portions of Superboy's origin from the comics. I like the fact he doesn't have all of Supes powers . . . yet. Speedy taking off explains his absence and is a much nicer fate than I thought he'd have (I had him KIA). A bit bummed Martian Girl didn't get a chance to shine this time around and no sign of Artemis. I did like Superman's clear issues with having a clone, though. I'm sure we'll see more of that in January. Anybody more versed in DCU lore have any idea who the followers of light are? Brand new villains or what?

Sigh. Now we just have to wait two more months to see what happens next.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:02 pm 
Wonderdog

From an old (57!) fan of DC:
I likewise did not care for the new Aqualad, but I haven't seen enough of him in "Brightest Day" to know much yet, apart from him being the son of Black Manta. Didn't care for White Martian "Miss Martian" being retconned as J'onn's "niece" either. And as far as I know, the Followers of Light are new to the DCU.

But overall I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of the show.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:31 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Loved it. It's not JLU, but it's good.

Just one question:
So what happens to Speedy?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I absolutely loved it. I'm not as attached to JLU (the show) as some here are. So I don't really see the comparison, outside of there being the same League members. At this point I don't even have the most minor critique. I give it an A+.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:23 pm 
Unbreakable

Just watched this off of my DVR and I loved everything about it. I can't wait for January and I can't wait for some sort of toy announcement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:22 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I watched it last night, too, and have the following observations...

Batman reminds me of COTE Batman, definitely not Timmverse. Kid flash with goggles? Jay and Barry never needed goggles. If this is a fashion statement, it is a tactical detriment. Martian Manhunter's costume looked a lot like the Justice Lords version. Yes he deserves "pants," but I don't know if this look works. I wondered about the prominent inclusion of Red Tornado early on, I think his mechanical, unemotional attitude is intended to mimic MM's from JLU as "he who sits and watches." I hope we get to see him do more. Black Canary as their trainer, going back to Wildcat as her trainer, nice continuity. I half expect Zatanna to join the kid team eventually instead of the adults. They have no magical presence on the team now and with Zatara on the adult team, it kind of makes sense. Everyone on the kid team is directly linked to someone on the adult team.

I kept expecting Speedy to come to the rescue with a smarmy "See, I told you so." attitude. I really would like to see the original Titans done right. The original 3 cartoons were ok, but I never could get past Kid Flash's costume being the wrong colors. Maybe if this lasts long enough they will do a crossover episode. :wink:

CCC.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:33 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

alcinde4 wrote:
I absolutely loved it. I'm not as attached to JLU (the show) as some here are. So I don't really see the comparison, outside of there being the same League members. At this point I don't even have the most minor critique. I give it an A+.

Yeah I enjoyed every minute of it, especially Aqualad and Robin.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:35 am 
Brand Manager

I am wondering if we will see Zatanna joing the team ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:41 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Robin and Aqualad stole the show. I think the show is extremely well written so far, and we'll get to see each of the core characters developed sufficiently. I'd like to see if Wonder Woman will have an integral role (or any role at all) in the development of the youngsters.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:47 pm 
5" Scale

That first episode was very well done and much better than what I was expecting.

I like this Aqualad much better than the same Aqualad from Brightest Day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:01 am 
Damage Control

Really good start for this show... Some of the characters are not in tune with what we have seen before, but I don't think it is a bad thing. It allows the writers to veer from the comics to any area they want to. The only weak link in the voice acting, for me, is George Eads' take on Flash. Not a big fan yet, but who knows, maybe he will grow on me. It's really hard to follow Rosenbaum's lead on him. Greenwood did a great job at Batman, evoking just enough of Kevin Conroy to make him plausible as Batman. I didn't think I was going to like Aqualad, but I really like the character so far. He acts as a middle ground to Dick and Wally's light heartedness, and Connor's 'anger'. It doesn't hurt that he is an able badass. Really looking forward to several seasons of this show....oh and the toys. With the toyline, I'd actually like fewer characters represented, but sculpted details and not the JLU cookie cutter model.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 66  Next