Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice Looks Pretty Great!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:11 am 
Variant Head

Veil1 wrote:
Really good start for this show... Some of the characters are not in tune with what we have seen before, but I don't think it is a bad thing. It allows the writers to veer from the comics to any area they want to. The only weak link in the voice acting, for me, is George Eads' take on Flash. Not a big fan yet, but who knows, maybe he will grow on me. It's really hard to follow Rosenbaum's lead on him. Greenwood did a great job at Batman, evoking just enough of Kevin Conroy to make him plausible as Batman. I didn't think I was going to like Aqualad, but I really like the character so far. He acts as a middle ground to Dick and Wally's light heartedness, and Connor's 'anger'. It doesn't hurt that he is an able badass. Really looking forward to several seasons of this show....oh and the toys. With the toyline, I'd actually like fewer characters represented, but sculpted details and not the JLU cookie cutter model.

Yeah the voice acting was a little weak. I did not mind Robin all that much but Flash seemd off even Superman was kind of meh. Batman did shine though he sounded right for the roll.And was that Phil Lamar doing Aquaman ? was not a fan of Aquaman voice either.But overall the show is going to be pretty good

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:45 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I think the voice of Batman is fantastic! Think he did a really great job!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:49 am 
Aspires to be #1

I agree with everyone about the voice work. It was only episode one so I'm sure it'll improve but most of them felt a little off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:56 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

To Paraphrase Robin ...

"I wasn't Over-whelmed, I wasn't Under-whelmed, I was just whelmed."

Definitely looking forward to more though.

The biggest problem for me was Superman's reaction to Superboy. It just seemed really out of character to me. I'll see how it plays out over the course of the season, maybe I'll be surprised with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:01 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

See, I actually liked that part a lot. I think his reaction was perfect. I mean, how would you feel if you had found out not only that you'd been illegally cloned, but that your clone was now a teenager?

I would have freaked out totally. The fact Supes kept his composure for the most part reflects the hero he is.

Besides, it provides a source of conflict/angst for later. :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:11 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I've never really understood the preoccupation with voice work. Granted some actors are better than others, but I've never seen this as a big issue. I didn't hear anything that made me think, " (insert name here) doesn't sound anything like that". Or "that's too over the top". I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 am 
Aspires to be #1

alcinde4 wrote:
I've never really understood the preoccupation with voice work. Granted some actors are better than others, but I've never seen this as a big issue. I didn't hear anything that made me think, " (insert name here) doesn't sound anything like that". Or "that's too over the top". I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

A lot of has to do with understanding their character, the show, and their cast mates. One of the things that made JLU great was that the voice cast all worked together and seemingly loved working together and that kind of cohesion pays off in the final product.

I hope to see a few changes to the voices before the show comes back but again it's only been one episode so the cohesion will come as they interact more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 pm 

Assuming they're all in the same room when they record. That's not the way it's usually done (based on all the DVD extras I tend to watch; most of the time it's just one person alone in a booth).

My biggest problem was Robin's voice. I thought the others were pretty good (especially Superboy and Aqualad).

Anybody notice Red Tornado didn't speak at all yet? Kinda weird for a guy who's supposed to be the team's mentor/guardian.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:40 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Shellhead wrote:
Assuming they're all in the same room when they record. That's not the way it's usually done (based on all the DVD extras I tend to watch; most of the time it's just one person alone in a booth).

My biggest problem was Robin's voice. I thought the others were pretty good (especially Superboy and Aqualad).

Anybody notice Red Tornado didn't speak at all yet? Kinda weird for a guy who's supposed to be the team's mentor/guardian.

Technically, he wasn't until the end, and as a machine he would tend to speak only when he had something to say. moreso that MM would. I also think that is why Batman picked him for the job, no emotions for the kids to manipulate.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:15 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

The animation looked similar to the G.I. Joe: Resolute mini-series. Much like that effort, it left me in neutral mode. I liked the combination of elements from Super Friends, JLU, and the comics. I think I'll give it another shot in January.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 pm 
An Insider

DAMN! .. I totally forgot it was on last week and forgot to DVR it :evil:

Is it on YouTube or somewhere where I can see it? I don't see any replays on my Comcast for it ..

Thanks,
Dx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

If you can be patient, it will replay at the "official" launch of the series in Jan. Either same day as the 1st episode, or as the 1st episode followed by the show airing in its scheduled time slot.

But if I were you, I wouldn't wait. I'd scour the net looking for it to watch and enjoy :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:58 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Hadn't heard this about Wonder Girl before...

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/sea ... ?qid=12352

...sounds promising...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:55 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Jim_Abell wrote:
Hadn't heard this about Wonder Girl before...

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/sea ... ?qid=12352

...sounds promising...

I still haven't, firewall at work.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:19 pm 

Wow, I didn't know the show was in the hands of the guy behind Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-man. Now I'm feeling even more confident about its potential.

On another note, I was watching CN this morning and saw another promo for YJ, this time with some new footage.

Spoiler: show
Superboy's fighting some kind of electric dude up in the air that I couldn't make out, and Aqualad was on a bike in street clothes about to use his water whips on somebody.

Looks good. I wonder if they'll bring Deathstroke into it? That would kiss all kinds of @ss! :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 66  Next