Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice TV Series Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:25 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Well, you can't say that any more, superfriend. :lol:

A lot of great moments, although it did feel a bit rushed.

Sigh.

Only one episdoe left. :cry:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:50 pm 
Variant Head

I got to say that felt REALLY rushed. I mean the just glossed right over what the Light was planning. I mean really they wanted to for some reason rule the milky way ? I am going to watch it again tomorrow but it really just did not add up. I loved parts of this show but the overall story arc was meh, some episodes were down right awesome but the final story was just meh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 pm 
3 3/4"

I think the Light are so Xenaphobic they want to rule the galaxy. For being so rushed it had to do with the show getting axed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:28 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I didn't get that the Light were out to rule the galaxy (did they say that outright).

To me it was more that they wanted to cement Earth as the major power and center of the galaxy, not necessarily the same thing.

Maybe I missed it. :?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Aqualad said it in his prerecorded message.

I think it is a viable goal, but not for the entire group. Savage has been around for centuries with lots of time on his hands. Ra's is only a little younger. Brain isn't that old, but his teammate Gen. Immortus is. Klarion is a Lord of Chaos, so not into ruling but definitely into spreading his influence. Of the others, only Luthor might be that ambitious. The rest would settle for Earth, mainly because their lives are so short. They wouldn't live long enough to conquer a galaxy. They would go along with Savage because he is that powerful and therefore their ticket to power as well. This would explain why Savage took the Warworld by himself.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:03 am 
Variant Head

I watched the episode a few more times and man did it feel rushed. Honestly I do not think they knew were they were going with this from day one. I mean a whole 1st season , longer then the2nd if I am not mistaken, to get to Savage having CONTROL OF JUSTICE LEAGUE ! And what does he do ? Has them bust up an alien world I get it but I think Savage bring Earth into the intergalactic ball game was kind of forced. I mean he wants the reach to come and enslave people so he can rule the milky way how exactly ?I mean he had total control of the JL and getting them locked up off world is a good plan but why did the Light need the Reach ? To ward of the GL Corp ? and also I could have Sworn in season 1 we saw Ocean Master as part of the light ? I think YJ originally was going to be all hot and heavy on Aqaualad Black Manta Baby daddy drama with Ocean Master and Lagoon boy playing major roles. I thought there were some awesome stand alone episodes and dont get me wrong I love this Jamie BB more then most of the other characters but I wish they just went with more stand alone episodes and some 3 or 4 part stories cause the end game is no Cadmus JLU story arc I will tell you that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:39 am 

1. They said Ocean Master messed up and got kicked out, they just didn't say what he did wrong.

2. Is Savage wanting to conquer the galaxy a better plan or worse plan than Grodd turning everyone into monkeys?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am 
Variant Head

They never explained how the Light intended to take over the Milky way by opening the front door for a known Alien conquerer race ....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:02 am 

PBateman wrote:
They never explained how the Light intended to take over the Milky way by opening the front door for a known Alien conquerer race ....

Lets see...The Reach gains Earth, with the Metagene, which is a threat to Mongul's plan to conquer everything, bringing Mongul and Warworld to Earth where the Light can steal it from him, putting them in control of the single most powerful weapon known...

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:38 am 
Variant Head

LordMudd wrote:
PBateman wrote:

Lets see...The Reach gains Earth, with the Metagene, which is a threat to Mongul's plan to conquer everything, bringing Mongul and Warworld to Earth where the Light can steal it from him, putting them in control of the single most powerful weapon known...

CCC.

Ok that makes sense but just seems like a shaky plan the rests on a lot of what ifs. I mean the Light got the Warworld right at the end when Aqualad messed up the summit.The Light had to rely on the Reach taking out Mongul for them and stuff. I mean it is not a swiss cheese ending but just in my little mind I guess it did not live up to all the hype. Like I said still love the show certain episodes wayyyyyy more then others. I love watching the Cadmus story arc of JLU but YJ I like the stand alone episodes more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:47 am 

JLU had more stand alones than YJ was ever given the opportunity to have. It looks like Savage went off and abandoned his teammates, but as long as he has Klarion, he has access to them, and if he didn't cut and run, he risked losing Warworld. On the surface it looks like they are defeated, but most of them are still loose, and Savage still has Warworld. Who came out ahead in the end?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 pm 
Aspires to be #1

LordMudd wrote:
JLU had more stand alones than YJ was ever given the opportunity to have. It looks like Savage went off and abandoned his teammates, but as long as he has Klarion, he has access to them, and if he didn't cut and run, he risked losing Warworld. On the surface it looks like they are defeated, but most of them are still loose, and Savage still has Warworld. Who came out ahead in the end?

CCC.

No one, because there's one episode left and we'll be left wanting more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:35 pm 

Ah, but I can see Savage reorganize the Light, return with Warworld, all in the direct to DVD release entitled World War Justice.

:wink:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I will reserve judgement until I see the final episode.

Which is in 4 days.

Sniff. :cry:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:04 am 
serves the Otter

LordMudd wrote:
2. Is Savage wanting to conquer the galaxy a better plan or worse plan than Grodd turning everyone into monkeys?

Worse. Aside from Grodd's plan being hilarious (JLApes! Are you freaking kidding me?!), ANY old bad guy can try to conquer the universe. Been done to death. Bored now. By remaking an entire civilization in your own image? That takes brass monkey balls. Not to mention, the silliness of the plan caused Luthor to step up and say "Oh, no you dinnit!" and take control of the Legion of Doom which led to Darkseid's return. So, yeah, I was happy with Grodd's stupid master plan.

Quote:
Ah, but I can see Savage reorganize the Light, return with Warworld, all in the direct to DVD release entitled World War Justice.
The show is dead. Over. It's never coming back. Pretending otherwise is just enabling Weisman always ending his series with cliffhangers. We'll see next week if Weisman learned his lesson but DTVs take money which the studio isn't going to cough up for a canceled series. If Weisman is going to keep pretending that he's going to someday finish off Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, or this show in a DTV he is playing you all for chumps. And you guys are falling for it again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next