Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice TV Series Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:04 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Still Hope For YOUNG JUSTICE?

Quote:
As far as helping bring the show back, Weisman stated that fans needed to support the MERCHANDISE particularly the trade of the tie-in comic book, the upcoming video game Young Justice: Legacy and the official soundtrack to the series. "Honestly, they don't care if no one watches the show as long as the toys sell," echoed Lamarr.

Huh. Really.

Oh, well. Too bad it was Mattel that was making them ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:13 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

The problem was not Mattel, although they could have been the solution, if they had anyone intelligent working for them. How many Superman figures did they sell in JLU? DCIH? Movie Masters? Then they push him again in YJ? and the same for Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc. Only a handful of the main characters were new to plastic. They want to target the kid market and kids will only buy so many figures of the same character. The problem is that every toy maker out there who has ever made Batman, Spiderman, or Superman figures should already know that. SHOULD!

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:54 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

LordMudd wrote:
The problem was not Mattel, although they could have been the solution, if they had anyone intelligent working for them. How many Superman figures did they sell in JLU? DCIH? Movie Masters? Then they push him again in YJ? and the same for Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc. Only a handful of the main characters were new to plastic. They want to target the kid market and kids will only buy so many figures of the same character. The problem is that every toy maker out there who has ever made Batman, Spiderman, or Superman figures should already know that. SHOULD!

CCC.

I am kind of confused by your comments-- since Superman wasnt released until the later waves (the ones that never made it to retail)-- and Batman was only in a 2 pack-

Although to be truthfully honest-- we would have then bitched at Mattel for taking a series that features 60 some characters and the filling the shelves with Batman and Superman figures once again..

I think the bigger problem was intial assortments and the whole stealth figures coming right behind the original versions-- could have waited another wave or 2 (or be the figure they put into the 2 packs at least). Of course the whole 9.99 price point with no articulation (although I was fine with the lower POAs)- was the real reason the line was doomed..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:33 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

but had they kept the line in one of the preesablished formats, even JLU, it would have done better and lasted longer with more characters being done, and no need to do any of the big guns because they already existed. I would never have bought them at JLU scale, but at DCIH scale they already had half the team, just fill in the blanks, and that I would have bought. As to the stealth figures, I can see their logic, as flawed as it is. Many years ago they said that the most expensive part of the process was making the mold, which was why you got multicolored Batmen. Now they want us to believe that the paint app process is just as costly as the mold making process, but we are still getting multicolored Batmen. I think that is just a bullcrap smokescreen to cover up laziness, incompetence, or whatever. Creating a whole new line in a whole new scale would cost twice as much money to do for the same return or less, and in retrospect I would say it was the less. Whoever greenlighted this line blew it, and while Mattel continues to say they won't do anymore DCIH, we continue to get new figures in that scale. It may not prove anything, but it's enough to make you stop and think about it.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

SDcomics wrote:
Still Hope For YOUNG JUSTICE?

Quote:
As far as helping bring the show back, Weisman stated that fans needed to support the MERCHANDISE particularly the trade of the tie-in comic book, the upcoming video game Young Justice: Legacy and the official soundtrack to the series. "Honestly, they don't care if no one watches the show as long as the toys sell," echoed Lamarr.

This is classic Weisman. Playing his deluded fans for saps by holding out the non-existent hope that his overrated cartoon will return so that he can someday actually put on-screen the Big Ideas that were in his head the whole time (but apparently were not important enough to actually get around to in two seasons.)

He did the exact same thing with the Gargoyles DVD and I was stupid enough to take what he said seriously. I'm no longer an idiot. If Weisman were TRULY the master storyteller his fans claim he is he would actually give us some pay-off to his endless set-up while he has the chance. He's been coasting on that admittedly great twist from Gargoyles' The Gathering for years, and has never even come close to matching it, much less topping it.

Young Justice is dead. Weisman is a total buttmunch for trying to fill his pockets with the money from suckers who still buy his schtick. I'm done with him.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Ouch. Tell us what you really think. :lol:

I loved Young Justice and would love to see more, but sadly you are most likely correct. YJ is done.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Shellhead wrote:
Ouch. Tell us what you really think. :lol:

He had absolutely no right posting what he did. He doesn't speak for WBA or even hold a position of authority in it. Where does he think the money to make new episodes will come from, out of thin air? Getting his fans hopes up like that when he obviously didn't get the greenlight from CN to say that is frankly, despicable.

Weisman has NO idea how the animation industry works which you'd figure he would after being in it so long. He probably cooked up ten Young Justice spin-off ideas in his head and planned twenty seasons and five DTVs without ever once asking himself where the money to pay for all that would come from. He's taking advantage of the gullibility of his fans and I'm sick of it.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Season 2 Part 2 was released yesterday--

Found it at Walmart-- not at Target.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:04 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

It' also on Amazon for under $13.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:04 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Complete season 1-- coming to Blu Ray in Sept..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 am 
Aspires to be #1

stewbacca wrote:

It's also on Netflix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:06 am 
Variant Head

j1h15233 wrote:
stewbacca wrote:

It's also on Netflix

What annoys me is on Netflix they use pictures from season 2 on the menu. They do it with other shows like Law and order they show the must current season characters but then its seasons from 15 years ago lol. Oh well hopefully someday they put on season 2. I refuse to buy this show until its in season format have never seen season 1 is it really $13 ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66