Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Inhumans
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:53 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN

Marvel's The Inhumans Onscreen?

The cosmic comic reportedly getting the movie treatment.

March 7, 2011

There is yet another Marvel comic said to be in development as a feature film.

Badass Digest noticed a posting at the industry tracking board It's On the Grid that claims Marvel is developing a feature film based on their cosmic comic book The Inhumans.

It's On the Grid says the project is currently out to screenwriters, and describes it as being about "aliens who were put on Earth as sleeper cell aliens to eventually call back their race to take over the planet. Ultimately, the group of aliens fully assimilates and don't want to cause war." No release date was mentioned for the project.

Click here for Marvel's official page all about The Inhumans.

What do you think of Marvel bringing one of their more complex cosmic books to the screen? Are they biting off more than they can chew?

Post subject: Re: The Inhumans
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

There would have to be some serious promotion on Marvel Entertainments part, leading up to this movie if it's true. Comic fans will totally get it, and love to see it. But the average person has no freaking clue who Black Bolt, Gorgon, Crystal, Lockjaw or Karnak are. It would be different if they tied them into the FF franchise somehow.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Why does the average person need to know who the characters are?

In terms of box office, Avatar was the most successful movie in history, and no one knew who any of those characters were.

Mike
(The script will be the key. I think as long as the story's good, word of mouth will get around and people will see it.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm 

I guess you're right. But I'm sure Cameron's track record with making blockbusters played into the success of Avatar as well. That and it actually was a pretty damn good movie. I saw it twice in theaters. I'd never done that as an adult before.

I guess it's just the fanboy in me that wants comic based movies to be successful. I'm a big Inhumans fan, and I hope if it gets done, it gets done well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:31 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I think you can, and should, do the Inhumans independent of the FF. They have a rich history and mythos all their own. It should probably be a little darker. I'd be excited for it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Sometimes the weird stuff strikes the right vibe.

We have had Constantine, the Losers, the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Kick Ass, and the Human Target.

Why not the Inhumans?

It's just far enough removed for the Marvel Universe proper that they could package it as a decent sci fi flick.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 pm 

So, is there any traction to the rumors about this movie?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

alcinde4 wrote:

Nope. I was hoping that Marvel Studios would use Comic-Con or last weekend's D23 Expo to announce some of their Phase 3 plans, but no go. Kevin Feige has said that they won't talk about Phase 3 until 2014 at the earliest. I guess he wasn't kidding.

All we know for sure about Phase 3 is Ant-Man will premiere on November 6th, 2015. And Disney and Marvel Studios set release dates for three untitled Marvel films. May 6, 2016, July 8, 2016 and May 5, 2017, respectively.

There's been plenty of name dropping by the Marvel Studios honchos. Besides The Inhumans, they've mentioned Doctor Strange, Black Panther, The Runaways, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel, Dazzler and Power Pack, among others.

You know they're gonna wanna do Cap 3, Thor 3, Avengers 3 and Iron Man 4 at some point. The last Iron Man made over a billion dollars, so I can't see them NOT wanting to make another one.

If the Guardians of the Galaxy is a big hit, I'm sure they'll want to make a sequel to that, as well.

And then Marvel Studios recently got the rights back to Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, Ghost Rider and Elektra. So there's that to consider.

In other words, I really have no idea.

You're probably more confused now than you were before you asked the question. Sorry about that. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Eh it's about par for the course. Marvel Studios seems to know what movies to do when, and when to announce them. Guess they decided it was too soon, although like you SD I thought for sure we'd see something this past weekend.

I'd LOVE to see an Inhumans movie. Even just focusing on the royal family, there is SO much potential there. Give me the main ones like Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton and Lockjaw up against Mad Maximus (hehe) and we're set.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:11 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Id love them to go in a darker direction and do Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers or Avengers Academy-

Could you imagine if they ever did a Civil War type storyline-- that spans across multiple movies-- that would be cool as well..

And dear god Power Pack-- if someone gets their figures before we finish excalibur Im not gonna be happy..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 pm 

SDcomics wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:

Nope. I was hoping that Marvel Studios would use Comic-Con or last weekend's D23 Expo to announce some of their Phase 3 plans, but no go. Kevin Feige has said that they won't talk about Phase 3 until 2014 at the earliest. I guess he wasn't kidding.

All we know for sure about Phase 3 is Ant-Man will premiere on November 6th, 2015. And Disney and Marvel Studios set release dates for three untitled Marvel films. May 6, 2016, July 8, 2016 and May 5, 2017, respectively.

There's been plenty of name dropping by the Marvel Studios honchos. Besides The Inhumans, they've mentioned Doctor Strange, Black Panther, The Runaways, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel, Dazzler and Power Pack, among others.

You know they're gonna wanna do Cap 3, Thor 3, Avengers 3 and Iron Man 4 at some point. The last Iron Man made over a billion dollars, so I can't see them NOT wanting to make another one.

If the Guardians of the Galaxy is a big hit, I'm sure they'll want to make a sequel to that, as well.

And then Marvel Studios recently got the rights back to Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, Ghost Rider and Elektra. So there's that to consider.

In other words, I really have no idea.

You're probably more confused now than you were before you asked the question. Sorry about that. :wink:

Thanks, Mike. That's a lot to digest. I'm excited about them getting they're Marvel Knights properties in house. Can we get rid of Nic Cage as Ghost Rider now? *crosses fingers* Now they have to work on Fox and Sony...

I'll be patient (for once) and wait it out until next year for news about the Inhumans. :|

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel Studios Moving Forward with The Inhumans?

SuperHeroHype

Aug 12, 2014

Following the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, it’s no surprise that Marvel Studios would be looking to try and push the boundaries of superhero movies even further with future projects. Collider reports that they’re prepared to do just that as they have a completed script for The Inhumans ready, penned by Joe Robert Cole, which they’re reportedly gearing up to show to filmmakers for the project.

Marvel Studios took a similar approach with “Guardians,” which was initially written by in-house writer Nicole Perlman before writer/director James Gunn boarded the film. It would appear they’re going the same route with The Inhumans, which they’ve been developing since 2011.

Vin Diesel also recently teased on Facebook that “I get the strange feeling that Marvel thinks I’m Inhuman” and just yesterday we debuted a new piece called 11 Characters Marvel Studios Should Consider for a Female-Led Movie, including the new Ms. Marvel, who is actually an Inhuman.

Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and introduced in the pages of “Fantastic Four” #45 back in 1965, The Inhumans were regulars in that series for decades before being given a high-profile mini-series in the late ’90s and they’ve been very active in the Marvel Universe ever since. Given their powers by the Terrigen Mists, the powerful Inhumans have a wide array of powers ranging from the life like and constrictive hair of Medusa to the destruction causing voice of their king Black Bolt.