Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Batman '66 on DVD!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:58 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

News broke on the front page yesterday...

Why is no one talking about it yet?

All I have to say is:

"Holy plastic discs, Batman! It's about damn time!"

Post subject: Re: Batmn '66 on DVD!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:19 am 
Loose, Missing Package

hmmm... Surprised that it's being released by WB... If that's the case, Fox must have got the product licensing deals or WB just paid them a crap-load of money for everything...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:39 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

crazy news...I'll be interested to read about how this deal finally happened.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:58 pm 
MINT!

Better late than never. I'm sure Adam West Batman fans who already have bootlegs will still be willing to upgrade to Blu-ray. It's great that parents will now get to share such a fun family show with their kids.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:06 pm 
Peg Hanger

The thing that excited me most about the Batman 66 toyline announcement was that I knew it meant this wouldn't be far behind. I haven't seen this show in years. I hope it's as funny/purposefully lame as I remembered it was.

ThunderCats Wish List: Mumm-Ra (Everliving), Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, WilyKit, WilyKat, Snarf, Jaga, Bengali, Pumyra, Lynx-O, Hachiman, Ratar-O, Grune, Snowman, Hammerhand, Ram-Bam, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Safari Joe, Mongor.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:08 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm hoping for a West/Ward commentary track on every episode after the riot they were on the film's track.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:42 am 
Wonderdog

Jim_Abell wrote:
I'm hoping for a West/Ward commentary track on every episode after the riot they were on the film's track.

Oh, yes, this -- please!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:46 am 
5" Scale

It would be really nice if they had commentary with some of the remaining cast that are alive. I've been discussing the cultural significance to members who are clearly younger than me and a few others on another board. Who think because it didn't take itself seriously or wasn't in wide syndication through the years it isn't relevant. I'm looking forward to this and hope it isn't an insane amount.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

NOVEMBER?!?!?!?!?!

Ugh, I can't wait that long....
... but it will make for a truly awesome Christmas gift now, won't it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: First Promo for Batman: The Complete Television Series

SuperHeroHype

Jul 02, 2014

Earlier this year, it was revealed that the fan favorite "Batman: The Complete Television Series" will finally be making its way onto DVD and Blu-ray and now the first promo for the release has made its way online. Check out the promo below and stay tuned during the San Diego Comic-Con for even more information on the release as a panel on Thursday, July 24 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. in Hall H featuring stars Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar will debut exclusive information on the packaging content, and footage seen in the set.

Starring Adam West as the titular hero, "Batman" ran for 120 episodes from 1966 to 1968 and also featured Yvonne Craig as Batgirl, Burgess Meredith as the Penguin, and Cesar Romero as the Joker.

Post subject: Re: Batman '66 on DVD!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:01 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Batman: The Complete Television Series Get an Official Release Date

SuperHeroHype

Jul 17, 2014

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced that the long awaited “Batman: The Complete Television Series” will debut on digital, DVD, and Blu-ray on November 11, 2014. In addition, they’ve revealed that the fan-=favorite series will be featured on thousands of hotel keys at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, which you can check out below.

A panel for the release will also take place at San Diego Comic-Con, featuring “Batman” stars Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar who will discuss the landmark home entertainment release at a special Comic-Con panel in Hall H on Thursday, July 24 from 6:00-7:00pm. Moderated by Ralph Garman, the panel will give fans an inside sneak peek at dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series, as well as an advance look at the limited edition box set and reveals of the exclusive bonus content.

Starring Adam West as the titular hero, “Batman” ran for 120 episodes from 1966 to 1968 and also featured Yvonne Craig as Batgirl, Burgess Meredith as the Penguin, and Cesar Romero as the Joker.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:22 pm 
5" Scale

*Sigh* I just made the mistake of seeing who's signing autographs and saw that Lee Merriweather will be there and I won't :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:02 pm 
MINT!

I'm probably in the minority on this one but I liked Lee Merriweather better as Catwoman than Julie Newmar. She was more attractive back then for sure. Ralph is a Huge fan of the show, so hes living the dream. Should be a fun time all around in San Diego .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:00 am 
Loose, Missing Package

No comments since July?...

I've been slowly going through the discs (so far only the special features and the first disc) and am amazed at how much I'd forgotten considering I watched the show every day for years. Was also surprised seeing how the series series influenced things in later versions, even the super-serious Nolan films aren't exempt. For example, the Joker mimes to a recording from Pagliacci while wearing a rubber clown mask which is far too similar to the one worn by Heath Ledger during The Dark Knight's bank robbery scene to be a coincidence. George Sander's Mr. Freeze had to have been the inspiration for Schwarzenegger's performance, even the plot point of stealing diamonds seems to have come from there.

I'd also been under the impression that Ridder's suit had been requested by Gorshin because the other villains had suits while he had the leotard. Not sure about if that story is true or not anymore considering the first episode filmed was a Riddler episode and the first time we see him he's in the suit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:21 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well I just finished the series last week, and although I know it was the time period and a farce, but the way they treat women on the show is pretty much worse than anything mad men ever did.

Another thing I did not forget is how painful the Chandel episodes were, just as bad now as then.

Overall it was a trip down memory lane, but honestly I don't think I could sit through them all again.

Somethings I sort of forgot, how sexy Julie Newmar really was, how often they put yvonne into tight sweaters, the macking that bruce does on barbara, the amount of people you can knock out with a cardboard box, that Burgess Merideth was really good as the penguin, and although I still think Romero is the best live action Joker, I think King Tut is really my favorite villain from the show, many of his offhanded comments are great.