All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Iron Fist Movie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel Moves on Iron Fist

by SuperHeroHype

Aug 25th, 2010

Rich Wilkes comes aboard to write the screenplay

An Iron Fist film is moving into the scripting stage, says a report at Deadline.

Marvel Studios has brought aboard Rich Wilkes (the xXx film series) to write the screenplay, which will adapt the story of Danny Rand, the Marvel martial arts superhero created in the 1970's.

In the Marvel Universe, Rand is the son of a wealthy explorer who trains in the mystical arts and eventually gains the power of the legendary Iron Fist, a magical fighting power that gives him indestructible fists. First using the power his father's death, Rand continued to bear the mantle in the fight against evil. Later, Iron Fist popularly teamed with Luke Cage (Power Man), who allegedly has his own film in development.

In the current comic book continuity, Iron Fist is member of the New Avengers, a team that includes Cage, Jessica Jones, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Mockingbird and The Thing (of the Fantastic Four). Studio rights preclude several of those characters from appearing on the big screen together for the time being, but a Power Man and Iron Fist crossover is certainly possible.

Post subject: Re: Iron Fist Movie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:06 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Please let this come to fruition. It would be relatively easy to make (i.e. it wouldn't need a monster budget). I am so, so very glad to see that this is Marvel Entertainments baby, and not the makers of the X-crap and Wolverine movie.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:19 pm 
The Last Word

alcinde4 wrote:
I am so, so very glad to see that this is Marvel Entertainments baby, and not the makers of the X-crap and Wolverine movie.

Yeah, FOX's terrible X-flicks and not-so-Fantastic Four movies really don't need any company.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:50 pm 
5" Scale

I wonder if Ray Parks is still going to play the title role? I spoke with him a few years ago at SDCC and he was still game, if the movie ever got made.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:38 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Damon Lindelof Wants to Do an Iron Fist Movie

by SuperHeroHype

June 01, 2012

Prometheus co-writer and Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof is a very ambitious guy. After his already lengthy resume, he shows no signs of settling down for smaller projects.

In an interview with CBM, he was asked what characters he would want to adapt.

"I think I would rather do a character that not many people knew, and maybe saw as lame and couldn't carry their own movie. One character I've always loved is Iron Fist, and Matt Fraction's incredible run with him a couple of years back. I always thought that would make a really cool movie."

When the fact that an Iron Fist film had been brought up at the studio level before, Lindelof added: "Yeah well I mean I think it's because he's even more fringy than Iron Man was, and also because he's called IRON Fist they may be worried about some confusion with the Iron Man franchise, even though obviously they are very different characters. But I have to imagine that with the success of The Avengers, they are planning to give Black Widow and Hawkeye their own spin-offs, and there are many more characters on the fringe of the Marvel universe that I feel are equally worthy, like Iron Fist."

What do you guys think? Lindelof on an Iron Fist movie sound as appealing to you as it does us?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:41 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I always said there should be a Power Man and Iron Fist movie! You can do that whole 48 Hours/ Rush Hour/ Buddy Cop style movie... with Danny being a fish out of water from Tibet come to the big city who falls in league with Luke Cage whose own frame ups cross over into Danny's personal mission.