Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:10 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

A New DC Comics Team-Up Series is Spinning Off Arrow and The Flash!

SuperHeroHype

Feb 26, 2015

The expansion of DC Comics on the small screen continues today as Deadline reports that a new series is in the works over at The CW, planned to spin off of “Arrow” and “The Flash.” There’s even a list of familiar actors and actresses planned to reprise their roles on the new show, but please be aware, one of the names constitutes a potential major spoiler.

According to the outlet, the new series is designed to serve as an ongoing team-up of superheroes with Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz all planned to star. Lotz’s name is the one that may be a huge spoiler. She previously played Sarah Lance, “Arrow’s” first Canary, but was killed off at the beginning of the current, third season. Does that mean that Sarah isn’t really dead on “Arrow”? Not necessarily! The new show could have flashback segments and the original report even suggests that she may even be playing a new character altogether.

Although the new show has not yet revealed a title, the approach sounds like it could be a live-action adaptation of the popular team-up comic book series, “The Brave and the Bold.” Launched in 1955, the book jumped around the DC Universe, teaming up heroes (and villains) on all sorts of adventures.

As if that’s not enough to fuel some serious fan speculation, the outlet also notes that the series will introduce at least three DC Comics characters that have never before appeared on live-action television!

Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Marc Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter are set to executive produce the new show, which could get a straight-to-series pickup and air as early as next midseason.

Post subject: Re: New CW DC Comics Team-Up Series
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:08 pm 
not exactly street legal

God, I hope Sara isn't really dead and they Lazarus Pitted the heck out of her. But if not I'm not crazy about her actor playing a different character in the same continuity. Arrow and Flash have always been super careful about that before.

Is Robbie Amell involved?

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:53 am 
Peg Hanger

Calling it now Elongated man will be one of the three and I would guess anyone else DR Wells said he "killed" when the particle reactor had its boo boo.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:37 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'm calling some name drops like "Rex Mason", "Carter Hall" and (hopefully) "Adam Strange"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Dominic Purcell Joins Arrow/The Flash Spin-Off Series

SuperHeroHype

Mar 17, 2015

Deadline brings word that another cast member has joined the upcoming “Arrow”/”The Flash” spin-off series as Dominic Purcell is slated to appear. Purcell appears as Mick Rory, AKA Heat Wave, on “The Flash.” Like his previous appearance, he will star alongside Wentworth Miller’s Captain Cold in the new series.

Brandon Routh, Victor Garber and Caity Lotz round out the cast for the series, which is also set to feature three more DC heroes who have never appeared on a live-action series before. You can read the character descriptions for those characters by clicking here.

Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Marc Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter are set to executive produce the new show, which is targeting a mid-season premiere next year.

Purcell can next be seen on “The Flash” in next week’s episode, titled “Rogue Time.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:51 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Flash/Arrow Spinoff Series Adds a Hawkgirl!

SuperHeroHype

Mar 30, 2015

Relative newcomer Ciara Renée, best known for performing in “Big Fish” on Broadway, has joined the cast of The CW’s upcoming (still-untitled) DC Comics team-up series, set in the same continuity as “Arrow” and “The Flash.” According to Deadline, Renée will play the Kendra Saunders version of Hawkgirl!

Created by David S. Goyer, James Robinson and Steve Sadowski, Saunders made her first appearance in 1999’s “JSA Secret Files and Origins” #1. The grandniece of former Hawkgirl Shiera Hall, Saunders took her own life, allowing Hall’s soul to enter her body, retaining Saunders’ memories.

In the “New 52″ continuity, Saunders is Earth 2’s Hawgirl, a professional treasure hunter who has had powerful wings grafted onto her back as the result of a World Army experiments.

Renée joins Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell and Caity Lotz on the new show, which has Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Marc Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter set to executive produce. Although no official timeline has been revealed, the series is expected to target a mid-season premiere in 2016.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:34 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Doctor Who’s Arthur Darvill Joins The Flash/Arrow Spinoff Series

SuperHeroHype

Mar 30, 2015

Arthur Darvill, best known for playing former “Doctor Who” companion Rory Williams, appears to have some more time traveling in his future. On the heels of word that Broadway actress Ciara Renée had joined the series as Hawkgirl, The Hollywood Reporter now brings word that Darvill will also be joining the cast of The CW’s upcoming “Arrow” and “The Flash” spinoff as Rip Hunter!

It was previously revealed that Hunter would be one of the show’s featured characters, although he is being officially referred to as “The Traveler”. Described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.”

Created by Jack Miller and Ruben Moreira, Hunter made his comic book debut in 1959’s “Showcase” #20. A time traveler in search of his original timeline, Hunter has fought alongside the likes of Superman and who fought off the Anti-Monitor.

Still without a title, the upcoming show is already set to also feature Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell and Caity Lotz. Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Marc Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter are set to executive produce. Although no official timeline has been revealed, the series is expected to target a mid-season premiere in 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:05 pm 
not exactly street legal

I am really excited about this show. Especially the potential of Sara still being alive. I can't wait.

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:48 am 

I don't think they are going to set up that Sara is STILL alive, but with the addition of Rip Hunter and some Time Travel elements, I think we will get some pre-Arrow Sara action.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:05 am 
not exactly street legal

Except she's a series regular. They wouldn't do that if it was just flashbacks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:45 am 

I wasn't thinking "flashbacks" ... I'm thinking a series that Time Travels. I fully expect to see episodes happen where the cast gets dropped into other time periods and some members get picked up from those disparate times.

SO ... future Rip Hunter, past Sara, "alternate" time stream Hawkwoman ... etc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 am 
Bob Vila

Disparate times call for disparate measures.

Seriously, if they had the balls to do something like that, it could not only be amazing, it could kinda be a way to even bridge the dccu with the dctu.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:08 am 
Loose, Missing Package

This one is messing with my mind... So far 4 1/2 heroes and 2 villains that are series regulars with time travel, apparently, being a big part of the plot. Color me confused...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:49 am 
Bob Vila

My guess is rip hunter comes back to the time when the flash discovers the speed force. That would be the obvious jump off point, in my mind. I wish I had been watching arrow this whole time now. I just never cared about green arrow as a character. I think he was the only super powers guy I never got. And robin, for some reason. Just never ended up with him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:50 pm 
not exactly street legal

shishalzafrazz wrote:
My guess is rip hunter comes back to the time when the flash discovers the speed force. That would be the obvious jump off point, in my mind. I wish I had been watching arrow this whole time now. I just never cared about green arrow as a character. I think he was the only super powers guy I never got. And robin, for some reason. Just never ended up with him.
You should catch up with the show on Blu-Ray. It's terrific.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next