It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Three Stooges
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

20th Century Fox Takes Over The Three Stooges

Source: comingsoon.net

December 2, 2010

Twentieth Century Fox is taking over The Three Stooges from MGM now that the latter has received approval for the pre-packaged bankruptcy. Deadline says that Fox has scheduled a March 14 start date (that's not confirmed yet) for the comedy, that will still be directed by Bobby and Peter Farrelly from a script they wrote with Mike Cerrone.

The project is without a cast at the moment, with Jim Carrey and Sean Penn leaving the project a while back. It is unclear if Benicio Del Toro will still play Moe, though casting is expected to begin immediately. The Farrellys are looking at filming in Atlanta.

According to the site, the movie "takes place when the trio are dumped out as newborns at the door of an orphanage, and they are talking with Richard Jenkins to play the head nun who is terrorized by the precocious Stooges. The comedy follows them to adulthood and is very much in the spirit of the original shorts, in which the blue collar bumblers got the best of the wealthy society matrons that tried to exploit them."

Deadline adds that The Three Stooges "will be divided into three segments, each 27 minutes long, which gives the Farrellys the chance to use all three of the signature theme songs that started the classic shorts."

Conundrum partner Bradley Thomas will produce with Charles B. Wessler. Earl Benjamin will executive produce.

Post subject: Re: The Three Stooges
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Three Stooges Movie Story Structure

Source: Entertainment Weekly, comingsoon.net

January 8, 2011

While shooting down some recent casting rumors, The Three Stooges co-writer/co-director Peter Farrelly revealed more details about how the film's story will be structured.

He said that you'll be seeing the Moe, Larry and Curly you know on-screen. "They’re going to look the same, dress the same, sound the same, act the same, with the same sound effects."

While it was know the movie will be divided up into three acts, Farrelly talked more about each part.

Most of it will be set in the present day, except for the first act, which begins 40 years ago. "A car whips by an orphanage, throws a duffel bag out its window and keeps going," Farrelly says. "A nun sees the duffel and opens it up, and a little baby hand comes out and — Boink! — hits her in the eye. So that first episode is them growing up in the orphanage."

The second act picks up with them as adults, in their early 40s, leaving the orphanage and heading out on the road together. After various misadventures, the trio splits up and the third act starts with them alone — and finding that all the slapping, eye-gouging, and head-bonking isn't a useful way of dealing with the outside world.

"Suddenly, when Moe hits somebody he doesn't know, that's assault and battery," Farrelly says, laughing.

Farrelly added that they are shooting for a PG rating, keeping the "violence" cartoony.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:24 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

OK, acts 1 and 2 then seem to be good news. Act 3 .... oy :roll:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:30 am 
proverbial old fart

Hum... From the sound of it, this is a movie that should never be made. :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Cher Up for The Three Stooges?

Source: comingsoon.net

February 16, 2011

While Peter and Bobby Farrelly, during their press this week for February 25th's Hall Pass, have repeatedly insisted they've cast nary a Stooge in their upcoming The Three Stooges big-screen film, they have now told The LA Times that they do have one actor in mind for a supporting role: Cher is their top choice to play a nun called Mother Superior.

Describing Cher as "the coolest chick ever," the brothers say that they've had her eyed for the part for a decade, ever since they worked with her on their comedy Stuck on You. As to whether or not a deal can be made remains to be seen.

The singer/actress recently appeared in last year's Burlesque, which won a Best Original Song Golden Globe for her performance of "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me."

The roles of the Stooges themselves, meanwhile, remain up in the air with the brothers still trying to lock down the perfect Moe, Larry and Curly. While neither are guaranteed, the Farrellys do comment that they "like both" Andy Samberg and Johnny Knoxville, two actors said to be in the running for leading roles (Larry and Moe, respectively). Benicio Del Toro is also said to still be under consideration for the part of Moe, though the brothers told ComingSoon.net that they're about a month away from any official announcement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:27 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Will Sasso Joins The Three Stooges

Source: ComingSoon

March 26, 2011

Will Sasso looks to be joining the Farrelly Brothers comedy The Three Stooges, Deadline is reporting.

Sasso will star as Curly in the tribute to the original comedy legends, performing alongside the yet-to-be-cast characters of Larry and Moe. The plot, inspired by original "Three Stooges" shorts, will have the trio left as newborns outside an orphanage and will follow them into adulthood, the full film being divided into three half-hour shorts.

Further casting for the film is expected to be announced shortly, though the brothers (who recently directed Hall Pass) announced that they have a role in mind for Cher (who previously appeared in their Stuck on You.)

Sasso, best known for appearing on "Mad TV" and, more recently, "$#*I My Dad Says," also had a role in last year's Life as We Know It and will provide a voice in Arthur Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:50 am 
proverbial old fart

Well, he's got the right build and hair style...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:50 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

X-Men's Marsden as a Stooge?

Cyclops may join Azaria and Sasso in Farrellys' film.

March 28, 2011

Former X-Man James Marsden may get slapped around soon as one of The Three Stooges.

Deadline claims that the former Cyclops-turned-Hop star is the actor whose name is most associated now for the role of Larry. Yes, pretty boy Marsden as the balding, curly-haired Larry.

$#*! My Dad Says star Will Sasso has been cast as Curly, while Deadline reports that "Hank Azaria has emerged as a frontrunner for the role of Moe, the group's stern disciplinarian and the guy who dishes out the slaps and eye pokes."

The site claims the Farrelly brothers will complete the casting of the lead roles by next week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jennifer Hudson Joins The Three Stooges

June 1, 2011

Jennifer Hudson has joined the cast of the Farrelly brothers' upcoming The Three Stooges, reports Deadline.

The plot, inspired by original "Three Stooges" shorts, will have the trio left as newborns outside an orphanage and will follow them into adulthood, the full film being divided into three half-hour shorts.

Hudson, best known for her debut role in Dreamgirls, will play Sister Rosemary, a nun at the orphanage where the Stooges grow up. Jane Lynch will be appearing as the orphanage's Mother Superior and Larry David will star as a nun as well.

The Three Stooges stars Chris Diamantopoulos, Will Sasso and Sean Hayes as the titular trio as well as Stephen Collins and Sofia Vergara.

Production is now underway with an unspecified release date planned, most likely for sometime next year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:29 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Kate Upton Photo From The Three Stooges Movie

February 22, 2012

Twentieth Century Fox has released this new photo of Kate Upton in The Three Stooges on the film's official Facebook page with the following caption - "Sometimes clothing can be very distracting. Just LOOK at those shorts!" We have to agree.

Upton, who recently landed the cover of the "2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition" (see below as well), co-stars with Chris Diamantopoulos, Will Sasso, Sean Hayes, Jane Lynch, Larry David, Stephen Collins, Sofia Vergara and Jennifer Hudson in the April 13 release. The comedy was directed by the Farrelly brothers.

Click the photo for a bigger version!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The New Trailer for The Three Stooges Hits

Source: Yahoo! Movies

March 21, 2012

Twentieth Century Fox has debuted this full new trailer for Bobby and Peter Farrelly's The Three Stooges movie, hitting theaters on April 13. The comedy stars Chris Diamantopoulos, Will Sasso, Sean Hayes, Jane Lynch, Larry David, Stephen Collins, Sofia Vergara and Jennifer Hudson.

In the film, Larry, Curly and Moe grow up finger-poking, nyuk-nyuking and woo-woo-wooing their way to uncharted levels of knuckleheaded misadventure. Out to save their childhood home, only The Three Stooges could become embroiled in an oddball murder plot... while also stumbling into starring in a phenomenally successful TV reality show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 am 
proverbial old fart

I can't wait! I used to race home from HS to watch the originals on "after school" TV. Once, when my oldest son had his 7th birthday party, I rented some VHS tapes of the original stooges and showed them and all the kids were mesmerized!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

My son saw the commercial for this on tv and he turned to me and asked if we could go see this movie "RIGHTNOWpleasepleaseplease! it will be SO FUNNY! Get your shoes dad lets go right now Right Now RIGHTNOWRIGHTNOWRIGHTNOW! c'mon please. please. please.PLEASE!"

I guess I am going to see this on opening weekend.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:59 am 
proverbial old fart

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
My son saw the commercial for this on tv and he turned to me and asked if we could go see this movie "RIGHTNOWpleasepleaseplease! it will be SO FUNNY! Get your shoes dad lets go right now Right Now RIGHTNOWRIGHTNOWRIGHTNOW! c'mon please. please. please.PLEASE!"

I guess I am going to see this on opening weekend.

YES! Love it! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Click on the thumbnails for bigger pics!

Image Image