Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead Season 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:55 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I don't get all the distaste for the host of Talking Dead. He's not any different than Leno, Letterman, or any other talk show host. He moves the show along and tries to be funny (and like all talk show hosts except maybe Colbert and Stewart, he usually fails).

I'm not saying he's great. To me, he's just wallpaper.

I certainly wouldn't stop watching TD because of him. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:27 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

He's annoying. If I can't stand a host of a talk show... I won't watch the talk show. Besides, there's nothing on that show I can't learn from reading online.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:02 am 
3 3/4"

Chris Hardwick, really? never had a problem with the guy and he comes accross to me as a genuine fan which I give him much credit for. Many hosts are indifferent.

His guests are an issue but I also am pretty sure he has very little control over that. Still i do like to hear from the cast members when they are on as well as the producers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:08 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

The episode with Kevin Smith was hilarious. :lol:

But some of the other guests are meh.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Most of the guests have been pretty good. There have been some stinker episodes, but that's to be expected.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:36 am 
Aspires to be #1

Shellhead wrote:
I don't get all the distaste for the host of Talking Dead. He's not any different than Leno, Letterman, or any other talk show host. He moves the show along and tries to be funny (and like all talk show hosts except maybe Colbert and Stewart, he usually fails).

I'm not saying he's great. To me, he's just wallpaper.

I certainly wouldn't stop watching TD because of him. :?

I don't watch that crap either. Leno, Letterman, SNL, that's all garbage to me. And it's hard to ignore the host when he's constantly talking and being annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:37 pm 
active in the community

Talking Dead is more about the recap/info and the tidbits of extras and such...i think it's cool that the host really seems to be excited about the show, many of the guests as well (esp the non cast members). there have been a few call in questions that have even raised big reactions. chris can be goofy, a few of the guests have been kinda off but i haven't seen every show either. Most of the ones that I've seen have been enjoyable/educational (to me a Walking Dead novice).

and the life size picture on the wall of sophia (?) coming out of the barn.... still creeps me out!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Anchor Bay Announces The Walking Dead Season 2 Blu-ray/DVD

by ShockTillYouDrop

May 25, 2012

Anchor Bay Entertainment is bringing The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season to DVD and Blu-ray on August 28th. Here's the lowdown, direct from our pals at AB:

A truly unique and very limited edition zombie head case created and designed by McFarlane Toys will also be available as Blu-ray™ only for a SRP of $99.99. Pre-book is August 1st. The 4-Disc sets will contain all 13 episodes of the second season and will be loaded with exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, featurettes and audio commentaries.

The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season is the much anticipated next chapter to the acclaimed post zombie apocalypse series. When we last left the “The Walking Dead,” the characters were in the midst of a high-intensity struggle to survive, fleeing the CDC as it burst into flames. In Season 2, they are still fighting zombies, and each other, facing more threats and obstacles than ever before.

Based on the hugely successful and popular comic books, written by Robert Kirkman, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” captures the ongoing human drama after a zombie apocalypse. The series follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually), who are traveling in search of a safe and secure home. However, instead of the zombies, it’s the living who still remain that may be the biggest threat. Jon Bernthal (Rampart) plays Shane Walsh, Rick's sheriff's department partner before the apocalypse, and Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”), is Rick's wife, Lori. The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season cast also includes Laurie Holden (Fantastic Four), Steven Yeun (My Name is Jerry), Norman Reedus (The Boondock Saints), Jeffrey DeMunn (The Shawshank Redemption), Chandler Riggs (Get Low), Iron E. Singleton (Seeking Justice) and Melissa McBride (The Mist). Guest stars for the second season include Lauren Cohan (“Chuck”), Scott Wilson (Monster) and Pruitt Taylor Vince (Constantine).

“The Walking Dead” is a hit with both audiences and critics. The first season won the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Miniseries, Movie or Special and was nominated for Emmys® in Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series and Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series. Season 1 also garnered a Golden Globe® nomination for Best Television Series - Drama, and was named to the American Film Institute’s (AFI) Top 10 Programs of the Year (2010), among other accolades.

Season 3 of “The Walking Dead” premieres on AMC in October.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:31 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Walking Dead Season 2 DVD, Blu-ray Trailer

by ShockTillYouDrop

May 29, 2012

Just before the Memorial holiday weekend, we shared with you details for Anchor Bay's DVD and Blu-ray presentation of The Walking Dead season 2, arriving August 28th. Today, we have the trailer for said collection. The 13-episode season will be packed in a four-disc set.

The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season is the much anticipated next chapter to the acclaimed post zombie apocalypse series. When we last left the “The Walking Dead,” the characters were in the midst of a high-intensity struggle to survive, fleeing the CDC as it burst into flames. In Season 2, they are still fighting zombies, and each other, facing more threats and obstacles than ever before.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15