Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead Season 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:08 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Van Statten wrote:
:lol:

Well I'm trying to come up with a reason why Rick would still be acting shocked by the nature of infection.

Who knows it might be a whole new non-comic spin in the series. The series has been really great at making its own monster out of the comic, which I have to admit I like so far.

See, I don't think Rick seemed shocked so much as he's thinking "well maybe Jenner is right"...and that's why he did what he did to the two guys at the bar.

Spoiler: show
Maybe he was hoping that stabbing shane would be enough. I know he was distraught, I would like to know how long he was hanging there before Shane reanimated. Jenner said it's different from person to person.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:11 pm 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
I think he told him Lori was pregnant. Or maybe, since we've changed writers and directors behind the show, it doesn't even matter anymore.

Maybe at the end of last year....and maybe the latter too...lol.

But not now. Like I said, Kirkman has said in interviews what he told Rick was profound and we'd clearly know what it is.

And that was fairly recently he said that.

Since it hasn't been brought back up, and it appears they've hinted at it a bit the last 3-4 weeks, I don't see how it could be the pregnancy, unless it was something specific about it
like your unborn child is the key to salvation, which would be stupid

Next week to hear something like "oh yeah, Lori, forgot to tell you, but Jenner told me you were pregnant" wouldn't make much sense. I don't know.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:21 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

How is that idea stupid? It actually makes a tad bit of sense. :lol: With the idea of amniotic fluids and all.

I hope it's not like the baby in Dawn of the Dead!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:22 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Van Statten wrote:
How is that idea stupid? It actually makes a tad bit of sense. :lol: With the idea of amniotic fluids and all.

I hope it's not like the baby in Dawn of the Dead!

I don't know, that just seems cheesy to me. Besides, the baby would almost absolutely no immunity to anything at this point. Can't get shots either. Doesn't look good! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:56 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Great episode.

BTW Talking Dead was making a big deal about how crazy Shane was acting in the lead up to the conclusion. That maybe he'd already started to turn a bit (what with the slapping his head and straight out crazed actions).

I like how they pretty much kept to the comic, but reversed the order of who did what to Shane.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:24 pm 

Makes me wonder if Jenner didn't tell Rick that Shane may be a bit mentally unstable.

I loath Talking Dead. They chase shadows, like this crap about the possibility of Shane turning before he died. What the hell is the point of that... I just stay away from Chris Hardwick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:40 pm 
Aspires to be #1

According to Kirkman, we should know what Jenner said by the end of the finale and that we don't know it yet so we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:40 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
According to Kirkman, we should know what Jenner said by the end of the finale and that we don't know it yet so we'll see.

Yeah. He's said in several interviews we'll know and it'll be clear. Gotta be next week!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:48 am 

I was re watching series 1 and did we ever find out what the helicopter from the first episode was all about?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 am 
Hat Pooper

Van Statten wrote:
I was re watching series 1 and did we ever find out what the helicopter from the first episode was all about?

Where was the helicopter? I don't remember.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:56 am 

First episode, in Atlanta. Rick hears it and sees the reflection in the windows of one of the high rises, follows it and turns a corner to zombie mania.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:08 pm 
declined to be a vampire

What did he say to that guy and kid over the walkie talkie at the beginning of season two?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Wow what a finale.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:08 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Damn, what a finale. No happy endings this season. Can't wait for season 3!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:18 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Now that I've had a few minutes to think haha, here's my thoughts

First thing that stands out is Lori and her reaction to the news that Rick killed Shane...what is wrong with her? She might be the worst written character on this show and I'd really like to see Rick without her.

The scenes at the farm were great. We lost two people that no one cared about anyway, we got tons of zombie killing action, and we got so many different reactions to the herd.

Andrea on her own did not end the way I thought it would. I thought she would finally get to kill herself but instead she was saved by a freaking ninja haha. I really feel like I need to read the comics now.

We finally know what Jenner said. I wasn't surprised, as I thought by this point that it would either be that or that Lori was pregnant. Nice to have that wrapped up and nice to see the helicopter again. Hopefully one day we get to see who's in that thing.

Also, I wish Carol had actually died on the farm. The only character more poorly written than Lori is Carol. Her reaction to the news from Jenner was ridiculous.

The reveal of the prison was nice too. I don't know much about it but I have a feeling that I will by the time season 3 gets going.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next