All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Transformers Prime
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:27 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Transformers Prime Premiering February 11

by SuperHeroHype

Jan 3rd, 2011

Will settle in its regular weeky time period starting that Friday

The Hub has announced that Transformers Prime will settle into its regular weekly time period starting on Friday, February 11:

The Hub, a television network for kids and their families, will premiere its original half-hour, full CGI animated series “Transformers Prime” in its regular weekly time period with a new episode Friday, February 11 (4:30 p.m. ET).

Announcement of the premiere date was made following the network’s recent record-setting performance of its mini-series event, a five-part presentation of original episodes of “Transformers Prime,” November 29-December 3. The highly anticipated programming event earned the network its best-ever audience deliveries among Persons 2+ and in Households. Also, for the five-day (Monday-Friday, 6–7 p.m. ET) time period average, “Transformers Prime” was the top co-viewed program among all kids cable networks with 43% of Kids 2-11 watching with Adults 18-49.*

Prior to the series’ February 11 premiere, The Hub will present an encore presentation of the “Transformers Prime” five-part mini-series, beginning Friday, January 14 (4 p.m. ET) with back-to-back presentations of the first two half-hour episodes of the mini-series. On successive Fridays in the same time period, The Hub will present two additional episodes of the mini-series, leading to the February series premiere.

The new animated series will feature archrivals the Autobots and Decepticons as they once again face-off in their epic rivalry for control of Earth. The all-new mini-series will feature iconic characters of the franchise, including Autobots Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, and the ominous Decepticon Megatron, as well as introducing new human characters to the action series.

The Hub, which rebranded from the former Discovery Kids on 10-10-10, is a joint venture of Discovery Communications and Hasbro, Inc., and is available to 61 million U.S. cable and satellite households.

“Transformers Prime” is produced for The Hub by Hasbro Studios. Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Kline are executive producers. Kurtzman and Orci served as co-writers and producers on the hit feature film Star Trek, and are currently co-writers and producers for the feature film Cowboys and Aliens from Dreamworks/Universal, set for release in summer 2011. Kline is also executive producer of The Hub animated series “G.I. Joe Renegades.”

*(Source: Nielsen Media Research; program based dayparts; most current; 11/29/10-12/3/10, co-viewing in NPower, L+7)

Post subject: Re: Transformers Prime
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Anybody watch this? How was it?

I stumbled across it in November, saw the human characters, and immediately changed the channel. I always hated Spike and, later on, Daniel. Why gum up the works with insipid human cardboard cutouts?

It's supposed to be Transformers, not some Digimon inspired claptrap! :evil:

Plus I was hoping for a more traditional but upgraded style a la Transformers the Movie. Sigh. :(

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:59 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

It's a weird amalgam of the movie style and the most recent Transformers Animated style.

Its a little odd, but it does seem to work. The part that really bothers me is that Optimus only wears his "face mask" when going off to battle, all other times it is down and he has a mouth. Its just a bit unsettling.

The show wasn't bad, but it wasn't really all that good either. Kinda a 5 out of 10 effort.

Quickly (in case anyone wants to know):

Spoiler: show
The Transformers are on Earth and only a very small handful of people (military) know about their existance. Basically, the military puts up with them being here (not that they really have a choice). The kids accidentally, all at once, stumble upon the Autobots and are taken in for "their own safety" later proving a valuable asset and "joining up". Megatron (apparently Optimus' brother) has been absent searching space for "dark energy" which is the hardened blood of Unicron. By harnessing the power of Dark Energon, Megatron is able to raise an army of undead Cybertronians to take over Earth for its vast Energon resources. There is an (anti-)climactic battle and Megatron is destroyed ( :shock: :roll: :lol: ). Thus the stage is set for the new series.

Yeah, feel free to roll your eyes at that one.

I'll give it a few episodes and see how it plays out, or just let my dvr continue to record it so I have something to watch and fight off my bouts of insomnia with.

either or.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

That sounds riveting :roll:.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Look at Skyquake in Transformers Prime

by SuperHeroHype

Feb 4th, 2011

The show premieres on February 11

Entertainment Weekly has posted this first look at Decepticon attack jet Skyquake in The Hub's "Transformers Prime," premiering on February 11 at 6:30pm. The show is produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. The Hub describes Skyquake as follows:

“Entombed in stasis on Earth until exhumed by Starscream; however, pledges allegiance to only his ‘one true master,’ Megatron.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 am 
Daniel Pickett

**TUNE-IN ALERT**

All original episodes of TRANSFORMERS PRIME now air on Saturdays at 8:30PM EST.

" One Shall Rise - Part 2"

Don’t miss the 3 part series finale!!

WHAT: One Shall Rise - Part 2: Facing the greatest threat to Earth to date, the Autobots team with an unexpected ally.

WHEN: October 8, 2011 - 8:30PM EST.

WHERE: The Hub cable TV network. To find the channel in your area, please visit www.hubworld.com and check the Channel Locator at the top of the page.

"Transformers Prime" is produced for The Hub by Hasbro Studios and will now air weekly Saturdays at 8:30PM EST.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:20 am 
Damage Control

I may be alone, but I sure am happy Season 2 started :mrgreen:

L.O.D.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:52 am 

Yeah, I think this series has the potential to be one of the best iterations of the franchise (the kids not withstanding) and the start of the 2nd season was no exception.

I love that they are finally going back and playing with the Pre-Prime "Orion Pax" pesonality and picking up on the threads that Optimus and Megatron were once "brothers". Can't wait for all of this to shake out, bring Cybertron back into the picture, and, hopefully, start introducing a bigger roster to the show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 am 
MINT!

The second season looks very interesting. I love the way 'Orion Pax Part 1' ended.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:21 pm 
Damage Control

Yea, with them going back to Cybertron. We should at least see Shockwave and I'll be happy with either Jetfire or Ultra Magnus! Just for now then introduce more characters later

L.O.D.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 pm 
MINT!

I just got around to watching 'Orion Pax: Part 2'. Not as good as part 1. How the hell the Arcee get back to base? It was ok I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 am 

I like the "vermin" concept.

Can't wait to see how that plays out ...