It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Terminator: Genesis
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Justin Lin to Tackle Terminator?

Source: ComingSoon

February 15, 2011

Universal may have machinations on the future of the Terminator franchise, Deadline is reporting. The site suggests that, with Arnold Schwarzenegger having completed his run in politics, the studio may be interested in acquiring the rights (presumably with him attached) for a development under Justin Lin and his Fast Five writer Chris Morgan.

With the franchise rights currently held by Pacificor, a studio-less hedge fund, there are a lot of balls in the air to be placed before anyone can make another Terminator film happen and there are also a number of routes that could be taken with regard to sequelizing or rebooting previous franchise entries. The original, released in 1984, spawned three theatrical sequels as well as a live-action television series.

No matter what, though, the rights likely won't stay un-utilized for long, so check back for updates as they become available.

Post subject: Re: Terminator 5
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Megan Ellison Wins Terminator Rights in Auction

May 13, 2011

Deadline is reporting that Megan Ellison's Annapurna Productions has won an auction for the rights to make at least two more "Terminator" movies, with Justin Lin (Fast Five) directing and Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to the franchise. The site says:

"The deal came down to Ellison's Annapurna Films and Lionsgate, which seemed to have had the project sewn up until she came forward with a dramatic bid. The auction at the time was for a guarantee for at least half of the $29.5 million paid by hedge fund Pacificor to pull the franchise out of bankruptcy."

The deal reportedly closed late Thursday and now Ellison will have to find a distributor for the film. Ellison is also financing Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal's Osama bin Laden movie and John Hillcoat's Wettest County in the World.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

James Cameron Says Next Terminator Should Focus on the T-800

April 17, 2012

MTV got a chance to ask James Cameron (Avatar, Titanic) about the rumors that he had met up with Arnold Schwarzenegger to discuss the next Terminator film.

While he won't be involved with the project, Cameron did confirm he advised Schwarzenegger last fall on the direction the story should take. Cameron, who directed the first two "Terminator" films, said the focus should be on the T-800.

"I was trying to be as encouraging as possible. Frankly, at that time, I thought it needed to be more about him," Cameron said. "I told him he should not do it until it's focused on his character or he shouldn't do it. I think there are some great stories that can be told about that character that haven't even been thought of yet."

You can check out the interview segment here. Do you think Schwarzenegger will follow Cameron's advise? What do you think the next film should be about?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Producer David Ellison Joins the Next Terminator Film

by SuperHeroHype

December 03, 2012

Things have been relatively quite with regard to another Terminator film ever since Megan Ellison and her Annapurna Productions won the rights to the franchise in an auction earlier this year. Today, however, a new film gains some forward momentum as Deadline reports that Ellison has brought in her brother, David Ellison, and his Skydance Films to help develop the property.

Skydance Films, known for their partnership with Paramount Pictures, have been involved with projects like Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and the upcoming Jack Reacher, Star Trek Into Darkness and G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

At this stage, a new Terminator film is without a writer or director but, in addition to both Ellisons producing, Dana Goldber, Ted Schipper and Paul Schwake are attached to executive produce.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Kalogridis and Lussier to Write the New Terminator Movie

by SuperHeroHype

January 17, 2013

Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis are teaming up to script the next installment of The Terminator franchise, reports Deadline.

Lussier directed Drive Angry and My Bloody Valentine 3D and Kalogridis penned Shutter Island and did some script work on James Cameron's Avatar.

The new film is being spearheaded by Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures.

Lussier and Kalogridis were previously rebooting The Rifleman for television with a pilot to be directed by Chris Columbus. There has been no word on that in a while.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

If Arnold is going to be involved, maybe they can make it about the guy who was designing the skin to go on the t-800's. It's been awhile since i've seen the first one, but I don't remember them saying that the terminator WASN'T based on an actual human. It would be a complete joke if they actually try to have Gov Schwarzenegger actually be a terminator, though.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Arnold Schwarzenegger Updates on Terminator 5 and The Legend of Conan

by SuperHeroHype

May 29, 2013

Since Arnold Schwarzenegger ended his tenure as the governor of California, he has returned to the spotlight as a movie star. Appearing in The Last Stand earlier this year, Schwarzenegger has talked previously about returning to his iconic roles in a new Terminator and Conan film.

In an interview with Metro UK, the actor was asked whether Terminator 5 was still being planned: "We’re writing it now. There are three projects being written that involve me. One is Terminator 5, the other is a Conan movie that Universal is doing and there’s the sequel to Twins, which is called Triplets. We’ll all look quite different in that. The third triplet is Eddie Murphy, so figure that one out."

The last we heard about Terminator 5, Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis had been brought on to script the film for Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures.

As for The Legend of Conan, it is said to be a direct sequel to 1984's Conan the Barbarian and will ignore the events of both Conan the Destroyer and of the most recent reboot, 2011's Conan the Barbarian.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Paramount Pictures Takes The Terminator

by SuperHeroHype

June 11, 2013

Paramount Pictures looks like it's going to be the new home of The Terminator as The Wrap reports that Annapurna and Skydance are negotiating with the studio to team on the next entry in the blockbuster franchise.

As reported earlier this year, Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis are teaming up to script the next installment. Lussier directed Drive Angry and My Bloody Valentine 3D while Kalogridis penned Shutter Island and did some script work on James Cameron's Avatar.

Arnold Schwarzenegger himself recently confirmed that he intends to be involved in the new film, which marks the franchise's fifth big screen entry.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Terminator 5 Planning Early 2014 Production?

by SuperHeroHype

June 12, 2013

Terminator 5 may be on the way sooner than expected. Reporting from Arnold Schwarzenegger's 21st Century Financial Education Summit in Perth, Australia, TheArnoldFans.com brings an update to the state of the project which seems to mesh with yesterday's news of the franchise moving to Paramount Pictures.

"'Terminator 5' starts filming early 2014," they quote the star as having announced during his presentation.

As reported earlier this year, Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis are teaming up to script the next installment. Lussier directed Drive Angry and My Bloody Valentine 3D while Kalogridis penned Shutter Island and did some script work on James Cameron's Avatar.

Although specific quotes are not available, the site goes on to say that Schwarzenegger named January or February of 2014 for a potential start date and that he's set to receive the final screenplay for Terminator 5 (as well as his comedy sequel Triplets) in the next few weeks. Check back for updates on both projects as soon as they become available.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:14 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirms His Terminator 5 Role, Names January Start

by SuperHeroHype

June 13, 2013

Following up on yesterday's news regarding an early 2014 production start on Terminator 5, TheArnoldFans.com has managed to get their hands on even more information from Arnold Schwarzenegger regarding his involvement with the franchise sequel.

"I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in 'Terminator 5' and to star as the Terminator," he says, "...we start shooting in January and I'm also going to do 'King Conan'. To play that role and also to do another 'Twins' movie. I feel very proud of that. I feel very happy and I'm looking forward to doing those films."

Arnold's specific role in Terminator 5 has been one of some debate. Many fans have suggested that, because of his age, he might be playing a human character instead of the actual Terminator.

The news comes on the heels of word that the franchise will be moving to Paramount Pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I mean, one would hope that they're not going to try to make him an actual Terminator, right? Like, he's the oddly-buff scientist who designs the Terminator in his image or something and some thinly veiled theme about playing god? Cause no. That guy cannot be the terminator anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:06 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Can't be worse than the third one.

Can it? :shock:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:31 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Dwayne Johnson Joining Terminator 5?

by SuperHeroHype

June 20, 2013

Little is known about the upcoming Terminator 5 except that the film is happening. Now, a report form the WWE Examiner (via AICN) has some very possibly juicy details on the cast and its setting. They say that actor Dwayne Johnson is being courted to join the film but hasn't officially signed on. Production for the film is targeting a January start date, and with Johnson currently filming Hercules in Hungary, his schedule could line up properly to appear in the film.

The next chunk they have on the film is on the setting for the story. According to Examiner sources, the setting for Terminator 5 will be set before the birth of Sarah Connor and focus on her parents in the 1940s and 50s. This scenario would once again involve a Terminator(s) being sent back in time to kill a target, only this time it's decades before the attempts on Sarah and John Connor. None of this is confirmed at this time, but check back here for more information on the film in the future.

Writers Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis are teaming up to write the script for the next installment. Lussier directed Drive Angry and My Bloody Valentine 3D while Kalogridis penned Shutter Island and did some script work on James Cameron's Avatar.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:04 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Terminator Trilogy to Begin on June 26, 2015!

by SuperHeroHype

June 27, 2013

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted Terminator movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, Terminator will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (Avatar, Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, Terminator spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. A 5th installment of in the "Mission: Impossible" franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the "G.I. Joe" franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated Zero Dark Thirty, The Master and executive produced Spring Breakers via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell's American Hustle, Spike Jonze's Her, and Bennett Miller's Foxcatcher set for release later this year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:12 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Alan Taylor to Direct the New Terminator Movie!

by SuperHeroHype

September 05, 2013

"Game of Thrones" and Thor: The Dark World director Alan Taylor is in talks to direct the Terminator reboot for Paramount Pictures, Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures, reports Variety.

Terminator is scheduled to hit theaters on June 26, 2015.